Hello, I've been 6 months since I started with type 1 diabetes

neiyor's profile photo   05/25/2020 2:05 a.m.

Hello, how are I have a question, my endocrine has been going very well and my pancreas produces a certain amount of insulin and insulin NPh in the morning and a small amount at night, and I am usually fine in the morning 90,100 or maximum 130,Before lunch I always get well but although I measure or eat the same at lunch my glycemia is very changing before dinner I am in 140 as there are times that I am in 180 0 200 I do not know if those peaks will be normal, the strangeis that it is very variant so measure or eat the same but usually it arrived well the next day

neiyor's profile photo
neiyor
05/25/2020 2:05 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

They will make you analyze glycosylated hemoglobin, which with good control has to be below 7.
Normally the treatment for type 1 is done with a slow insulin once a day and a fast before meals.
The NPH is an older insulin that demands a lot of rigidity in food schedules so that it does not produce hypoglycemia, the advantage is that it only puts it twice a day.
If you have a good endocrine you will follow up and the treatment you need.
The first months are learning, until you can control the doses of insulin yourself.
Little by little...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/25/2020 2:13 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thank you very much if I have that doubt that value I recommend that I must have before dinner?because usually before breakfast and lunch I arrive in less than 120

neiyor's profile photo
neiyor
05/25/2020 2:21 a.m.

Neiyor said:
Thank you very much if I have that doubt what value do you recommend that I must have before dinner?because usually before breakfast and lunch I arrive in less than 120

Both before and after, the top is more or less in 140 but it also depends on the moment, food you have made, eg physicist etc.If the postprandials, that is, two hours after meals, are up to 140. You have a good control.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
05/25/2020 12:37 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.