Values

neiyor's profile photo   05/25/2020 2:09 a.m.

Hello tengon, a question Insulin NPH 22 units in the morning and 10 at night by order of my endocrine and usually in the morning I am always well maximum 130, before lunch I almost always arrived low if I don't mend something, butAt night before dinner it seems strange to me that I am in 140 as there are times that 180 or 200 eating the same thing I do not know if those peaks are normal or that they recommend help

neiyor's profile photo
neiyor
05/25/2020 2:09 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It seems that you have recently started with diabetes (according to your explanations).
You have to learn everything you can about diabetes and in your own body.
You can start using an interstitial glucose sensor (if you don't use).It will help you a lot.
You also have to learn to count carbohydrates (HC) of your meals.It should be as precise as possible.
And, finally, you should know the effect of exercise on your body (and what happens to your glycemia).Exercise is any extraordinary activity (even if it is a simple 500 meter walk).
Cheer up!

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
05/25/2020 4:35 p.m.

neiyor said:
Lunch, rather, I almost always arrived if I don't wore something, but at night before dinner it seems strange to me that I am in 140 as there are times that 180 or 200 eating the same thing I do not know if those peaks are normal or that they recommend meHelp

It can be depending on the schedule (if you put the insulin in the morning very early and the nocturnal too late), it arrives very fair at night, if I remember the NPH well last 14 hours) perhaps just advancing the night or delaying that ofThe morning is solved, also changing the type of insulin, but you better consult your endocrine.

ref666's profile photo
ref666
06/01/2020 10:43 a.m.

Thank you also notice that I get better injecting insulin into the abdomen before the legs, change the injection place and arrive in 140 astet less

neiyor's profile photo
neiyor
06/01/2020 8:18 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.