HC rations

diabetikafenix's profile photo   03/07/2021 1:14 p.m.

Hello .. On one occasion I asked a nutritionist/advisor // Diabetes educator, if I could eat the HC rations that I wanted and answered that there are no limits in the HC rations but always and when the count of the count ofHC rations and correctly put the insulin dose associated with RHC AH and use Novorapid pen

diabetikafenix's profile photo
diabetikafenix
03/07/2021 1:14 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@diabetikafenix

Curious response from your nutritionist!

I would not say that you can take all the amount of carbohydrates that you want!A barbarity.In a month you would put yourself like a cow.All excess rations would accumulate in fat.Of course insulin prevents carbohydrates entering blood flow.But they do not prevent them from becoming fat, as in anyone.

You have to drink carbohydrates according to your needs.And that depends on age, height, weight, sex and daily movement.

Change nutritionist.And tell you the daily amount of daily carbohydrates for you.

I take about 100 gr daily.But I argued a lot with my endocrine, and although I do sports daily and it seemed low, we have seen that it works for me.You have to see what works for you.Of course, it is not worth one day, the next day not, etc.Recipe for disaster.Take the daily amount of carbohydrates that your body needs l.

If you dare to do the calculations, and you know very well what you eat, remember that 1 gr of carbohydrates has 4 calories, just like proteins, while q 1 gr of fat has 9 calories.You can always make approximate calculations.For example, you can calculate your daily calorie needs (depending on your age etc etc, on the Internet there are calculations) and point what you eat in one day and more/less calculate the calories.If you do that a few days you will learn to calculate.But well that can be very demanding !!

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
03/07/2021 6:18 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

diabetikafenix said:
hello .. On one occasion I asked a nutritionist/advisor // diabetes educator, if I could eat the rations HC q I wanted and replied that I do no limits there are no limitsIn HC rations but always and when the HC rations count correctly and put the insulin dose associated with RHC AH and use Novorapid Pen

Change nutritionist, as Free Carbohydrate will send you, that has no logic.Carbos must be controlled, they are the enemy of diabetes.

matrix's profile photo
matrix
03/07/2021 9:18 p.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

matrix said:
diabetikafenix said:
hello .. On one occasion I ask a nutritionist/advisor // educator in diabetes, if I could eat the portionsHC q I would like and answer that there are no limits in HC rations but always and when the HC ration counting correctly and correctly put the insulin dose associated with the RHC AH and use novorapid pen

Change nutritionist, as Free Carbohydrate will send you, that has no logic.Carbos must be controlled, they are the enemy of diabetes.

"The enemy of diabetes" .... Companion HC are the main source of energy of our body ... that's what insulin is.

marine's profile photo
marine
03/08/2021 8:12 a.m.

"The enemy of diabetes" ...

It is not true, the body also uses fat as energy, even the brain can use the ketone bodies that it takes from the fat to cover 70-80% of its needs.Carbohydrates are not essential and you can eat from 0 to those you want because your liver can produce the glucose you need if you do not eat any.It is more continuously producing glucose, commas or not HC, so we need basal insulin even if we are fasting.
In diabetics it makes sense to eat the least possible because it is what most influences glucose.It does not make much sense to give a diabetic many hydrates to complicate life.It depends a little on what each one wants to do, but in general as there is no problem in reducing them because better not to complicate I think.
I eat 50gr or less a day and do sports without problem and I never lack energy.If your body is accustomed to using fat, you will not have lack of energy at any time.If you come from eating many HC, you would have to lower little by little so that the body gets used to using fat as energy but there is no problem.
Each one has to eat the hydrates that see that they are best for good control and adjusted to their lifestyle, there is no preferred amount for everyone as they told us before eating 50-60% of the calories.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
03/08/2021 12:07 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Yesssica_a said:

It is not true, the body also uses fat as energy, even the brain can use the ketone bodies that it takes from the fat to cover 70-80% of its needs.Carbohydrates are not essential and you can eat from 0 to those you want because your liver can produce the glucose you need if you do not eat any.It is more continuously producing glucose, commas or not HC, so we need basal insulin even if we are fasting.
In diabetics it makes sense to eat the least possible because it is what most influences glucose.It does not make much sense to give a diabetic many hydrates to complicate life.It depends a little on what each one wants to do, but in general as there is no problem in reducing them because better not to complicate I think.
I eat 50gr or less a day and do sports without problem and I never lack energy.If your body is accustomed to using fat, you will not have lack of energy at any time.If you come from eating many HC, you would have to lower little by little so that the body gets used to using fat as energy but there is no problem.
Each one has to eat the hydrates that see that they are best for good control and adjusted to their lifestyle, there is no preferred amount for everyone as they told us before eating 50-60% of the calories.

There is a difference, between main energy source and that there are other energy alternatives.The explanation and that is very good but do not tell me that it is not true and on the other hand .. one thing is a low diet in hydrates and another that the hydrates are the demon.

marine's profile photo
marine
03/08/2021 12:13 p.m.

@Marine I have not said that the hydrates are the demon, it will depend on the specific case whether or not to eat them and in what quantities.What is clear is that they are not essential.
And when you are very low in hydrates or ketogenic your main source of energy is fat and glucose becomes secondary so it is still not true what you have said before.Another thing is that today we always have food available and in general with hydrates most people never use that energy path, but the body is prepared to function with both ways without problem.When you are in Cetosis, glucose is reserved for certain cells that only use glucose and for short and intense efforts such as when you make a sprint.The rest of the time is used for almost everything and is the main source of energy and glucose is secondary.It all depends on what you eat and your adaptation to both ways.The ideal is to have what is called metabolic flexibility and to be able to use one or another energy source as the main one according to the time.If you are fasting or you eat very few HC it will be fat, if you eat more HC will be hydrates.This is how a healthy body should work.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
03/08/2021 5:52 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

To tell rations this website can come very well, it is what I use

Link

alcanjo's profile photo
alcanjo
12/03/2022 1:17 p.m.

marine said:
matrix said:
diabetikafenix said:
diabetikafenix said:
hello .. On one occasion I asked a nutritionist/Advisor // Diabetes educator, if I could eat the HC rations that I would like and answer that there are no limits in HC rations but always and when the HC ration count correctly does and I put the associated insulin dose correctlyat RHC AH and use Novorapid Pen

Our body has the supply of spare HC, there is glycogen in the liver, there is no need to take so many hydrates, it is impossible to have a curve with little glucemic variability eating many hydrates.Totally impossible.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
12/03/2022 9:20 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.