{'en': 'Doubts about the correct change of the free style sensor', 'es': 'Dudas sobre el correcto cambio del sensor Free Style'} Image

Doubts about the correct change of the free style sensor

Anaaa's profile photo   05/26/2020 10:59 a.m.

Hello everyone!

14 days have passed since I placed the Free Style for the first time, my mother as a fast time passes.

The truth is that for now I am happy, it works correctly and has not given me any kind of problem, so great!

The only thing that in the end I already have a little detached and that is aesthetically very ugly and attracts attention, so that we are going to fool ourselves, right?

Hahahahaha

But now that I have to change it, I get the doubt about what if I immediately have to put the next sensor or if I can wait a few hours to place it.

Oh and if someone tells me of a place in the arm in which it is practically not seen, I will be eternally grateful.

Greetings to all!

Anaaa's profile photo
Anaaa
05/26/2020 10:59 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

You can change it immediately, don't worry.

DavidAG2000's profile photo
DavidAG2000
05/26/2020 11:12 a.m.

@Anaaa, you can put it whenever you want.There are even boys who wear the sensor one day before changing it, they say this helps the first day not to be so erratic.You can also rest for a few days.
As for the arm, there is no how to hide it.You can put it in belly, high culete and inner thigh.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
05/26/2020 11:40 a.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

solar said:
@anaaa, you can put it whenever you want.There are even boys who wear the sensor one day before changing it, they say this helps the first day not to be so erratic.You can also rest for a few days.
As for the arm, there is no how to hide it.You can put it in belly, high culete and inner thigh.

I have heard of people who put it on the arm but in the biceps, at the same height as normal but by "inside" the arm, the people of Normal say that they do so not to hit anything or sleep on top of itAnd in principle the readings are going well, I also know people who carry it in the upper part of the thigh and perfect, I have not dared to try in another area, but at some point I will put it in the thigh since peopleHe says there is perfect.

Macarena93's profile photo
Macarena93
05/26/2020 11:51 p.m.

@Anaaa

How curious.When I put the free in my arm and I went to the gym, I didn't care about anything.In fact I liked it.Someone always asked and was delighted to explain how it worked.Nothing to be ashamed.

Now with the Dexcom I usually use the belly and it is not seen!But I started putting it on the arm and I love it.Technology at our service.You don't have to hide / embarrass anything.And I like it seems like a "bionic" person.

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
05/27/2020 9:16 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

I put it in the upper part of the.buttock and work perfect ... They were recommended here and for him it is great because it is more protected.

ine_milo's profile photo
ine_milo
05/31/2020 6:53 a.m.

De Argentina.. Debut con 11 meses.. Usamos inyecciones (tresiba y novorrapid). Sensor Freestyle libre 1.
Tenemos pedida bomba Medtronic 670G.

I have tried for the first time to put me in Free in the upper part of the buttock and the measurements are being correct.In addition, although I had doubts at the beginning, I have bought that it is even more comfortable than in the arm.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
05/31/2020 11:43 a.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

I carry it in summer in the buttock to cover the bikini and in winter on the thighs, at the height of the pocket of the cowboy.
In my arms, I lost 2 when colliding with a door and another with a backpack .... It is an area where you hit yourself a lot.

The precision good capillary versus free 1, with free 2 fatal.I have 3 of these and none reliable, differences of more than 80 units, I almost caused a severe hypo because of the free 2.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/04/2020 2:45 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

The truth is that it is a good blonde solution, I had not thought about it.Thank you so much!:)

marta5's profile photo
marta5
06/05/2020 8:41 a.m.

I am currently testing in the thigh (just as you have indicated here, as if it were a currency in my pocket) and is cinnamon in branch.It is more comfortable in all aspects .. less blows, greater control over the mobile to make the readings ... you don't see ... I don't see any disadvantage.

marine's profile photo
marine
06/06/2020 10:28 p.m.

Hello.I tell you one thing I don't wear it.I have been waiting since September that I am waiting to put it but that the day I put it if you see nothing happens.I prefer to have it since you can see me 7 or 8 times a day.

I understand if I am not badly informed that it is better to put it on the belly leg and others do not make the same effect.

Fft09's profile photo
Fft09
06/07/2020 2:46 p.m.

I just saw this on Facebook, it is from a British diabetes group

The lady says she has high precision.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/08/2020 9:49 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Helloaaaaa!I write to tell you my experience (after 3 months) with the sensor.
I have had to give a second chance, yes you read.
Everything was great and I had not given me any problem (once it fell and the factory did not put any problem in sending me another, but we are going the rest great), until at the end of July and being away from home, the sensor begins toGiving figures that do not correspond to what appears in the glucometer, I spoke with the factory and tell me that to make sure, and as the glucometer I have is not their company ... I have to go to a pharmacy to whichThey tell me the level of blood glucose that I have and compare it, there I get angry because at that time I could not go to a pharmacy and I did not see the meaning to follow with a sensor that I do not know if the figures that it gives me are theCorrect or not, so I tell the boy who attends me that I'm going to take it out and tells me that this is my decision.
Well, the thing does not end here, I work with children, and obviously being summer much of my workday I spend it inside a pool, well, two times the sensor has said that "see you later," stops workingSuddenly.
And even the last time I get I flip because it was impossible for him to have hyperglycemia, and then he appears that there is no sensor, great everything.
That same day I decide that it is time to tell all this to my nurse and for my tranquility he tells me that I am not the only one who is having problems.
But fuck, something that was going to make my life easier as a diabetic and I complicate it more because I have to walk the sensor and clicking on if ...
It is true that the sensor they give me in my health center is from the Free Style 2 and the device is 1, this today has changed (hence the second chance).I hope everything goes better and I stop giving problems, because I will send the free style to shit!
Oh and if someone tells me a secret so that it does not take off above all with the water, welcome will be!
Ok, and a doubt in general, leaves you a lot of brand once you change it ???And do you do you ????
Ay really, that headaches gives me the happy apparatus hahahaha
PS: Forgiveness for the parafacco that I just put you hahahaha

Anaaa's profile photo
Anaaa
08/25/2020 1:50 a.m.

Good @anaaa,

-The mistakes and differences of capillary are going to continue having independently of the reader because the problem has it with the sensor of sensor they have made.

-I leave me mark when I take it several days and itch.

-I don't know if you know, but you must keep in mind that within the water the sensor cannot be +30min or a more than 1.5m deep.

-To protect the water sensor there are several forms, Fixomull, Tegardem, etc ... There is a specific free2 thread where many doubts are resolved.

PS: It would help a lot that when you write use the point and apart that becomes quite dense to read.

Greetings!

marine's profile photo
marine
08/25/2020 8:17 a.m.

@ANAAA There are some adhesive wipes called Skin Tac that are great, when you start lifting the edge of the sensor you pass and stick very well!
With the free2 you can use it with XDRIP and to be able to calibrate the accuracy, my son I put the sensor 24 hours before activating it and improves greatly the huge differences of the first day in relation to the capillary.

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
08/30/2020 6:18 a.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

Brown hypoallergenic tape of a lifetime.Do not take off and last the 14 days.Cheap and it is not seen in the bikini (I carry it in the buttock)
You are lucky to give it to you, to me last Thursday they told me that the delivery to patients and new patients is suspended until the pandemic ends.
I've been paying for 4 years !!!!

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/31/2020 11:26 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
brown hypoallergenic tape of a lifetime.Do not take off and last the 14 days.Cheap and it is not seen in the bikini (I carry it in the buttock)
You are lucky to give it to you, to me last Thursday they told me that the delivery to patients and new patients is suspended until the pandemic ends.
I've been paying for 4 years !!!!

As?????.Where are you from, Ruthbia?, I arrived 8 to the middle of August for four months, they are sent to me home.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
09/01/2020 7:02 p.m.

In Madrid, Jiménez Diaz Foundation.
They have already canceled face -to -face consultations by Covid

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/02/2020 9:48 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.