{'en': 'Percentage of insulins', 'es': 'Porcentaje de insulinas'} Image

Percentage of insulins

Macarena93's profile photo   05/26/2020 11:45 p.m.

Hello,

When I had a more sedentary life (active for my work but without doing sports as such and eating in a normal way, a diet of about 130gr of hydrates per day) punctured me approximately 50% basal and 50% fast (Basal 26u andabout 26 fast because my ratio was 2u per 1r).

For a few months I have started many muscle and cardio exercises, I do sports in a very regular way every day and I have a low carbohydrate diet (70gr a day if it does not give me any hiccum) and, although I have lowered the basal a little(Now I get 22U).

The fast, obviously, has dropped rapidly, since my insulin sensitivity has increased and now my ratio is 1u-1r and also to eat less hydrates because the maximum fast insulin that I get up to day is 10U.

Even so, after investigating it continues that the percentage always has to be around 40-50% every insulin, which would mean that I would have to lower my basal a little and perhaps increase the fast, but I am not sure since right nowAnd as I am I am doing well (if it is true that the snacks and hats that have hydrates do not sulked me for anything of insulin and even sometimes at dinner either even if I have 2r of hydrates because if they would not surely give me hypos) of normal by theNoche I lie down around 150 and get up over 100.

I don't know whether to try to go down to see if I get it without waking up, or leave it as is.

In what percentages do you use insulins?

What would you do in my case?

Thank you so much!!

Macarena93's profile photo
Macarena93
05/26/2020 11:45 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I use 25% in basal insulin and 75% in bowling insulin, with about 250 grams of HC and insulin pump.

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
05/27/2020 12:55 a.m.

If you wake up this good and you have no hypos, I would not touch anything.The percentages are orientative, but they adapt to personal situations

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/27/2020 6:03 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Macarena93

If you get up in 100, don't change anything!It's great.Each one works well for your system and percentages.

I only put on basal 6. As I usually take about 10 rations of carbohydrates in my system I usually put that amount of fast, even now sometimes in meals or dinners I have to put one more unit of fast insulin.The loss of my gym!

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
05/27/2020 9 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@Macarena93 I always think that the percentages of insulinization calculators are very relative.I have seen it in myself and I have seen it in patients.Sometimes I can be up to two days without fast with a ketIt has hours of greater bioavailability and then begins to rise for no reason.

drjesusangel's profile photo
drjesusangel
05/28/2020 6:17 p.m.

I use three and flasp and did not know that it would have to establish percentages.As I understand, you have to lower the basal insulin everything you can, so that the sugar does not continue to go down during the night or have to go to bed "high" (haorra I am in 14) and the quick use of the previous glycemia andthat you go to eat

Paco Iriarte Vañó's profile photo
Paco Iriarte Vañó
05/31/2020 11:34 a.m.

paco Iriarte vañó said:
I use three and flasp and did not know that it would have to establish percentages.As I understand, you have to lower the basal insulin everything you can, so that the sugar does not continue to go down during the night or have to go to bed "high" (haorra I am in 14) and the quick use of the previous glycemia andthat you are going to eat

Hello, this is indeed this, and the main thing about the basal is to wake up with it between 80-130 to verify that you are well.But it has always been said that normal the percentage of insulins is between 40-50% each, but it is a fact that does not always have to be real.

Macarena93
05/31/2020 11:36 a.m.

In the end I tried to download the basal two more units and climb the rapid ratio 0.25 to see what happened, at night I no longer have to allege and only merchand a ration without insulin after exercising.I wake up with 150 or so, but the line at night is very flat, so I will try to continue like this and see if doing it well with dinner with being flat in less than 130.

Macarena93
05/31/2020 11:39 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.