Hello!!

cuoca417's profile photo   05/30/2020 9:14 a.m.

Hello!!
My mother is diabetic since I was born and I am quite aware of diabetes.
I am a cook and now I have my own bakery.I want to specialize in pastry for diabetics, because my mother has always had many problems with that, we only found cookies without sugar and already, what is cakes or pastry is very difficult to find, if not impossible.At least in my land.
I have asked doctors and I have studied quite what you can and you can't.But there are many contradictions.Because there are sites where it makes me that it can be ingested glucose, since it is a monosaccharide ...
I would like you to give me a hand if possible!
Thank you so much!!!

cuoca417's profile photo
cuoca417
05/30/2020 9:14 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@cuoca417

Glucose is obviously pure carbohydrate.They enter like a shot!I only take it to trace from a hiccup.

When I make homemade muffins Pongo Stevia (zero carbohydrates) and I use a lot of oats (it has carbohydrates but also a lot of fiber), ground linen (zero carbo) and almond flour / ground almonds (it is basically fat and proteins and has very few carbo).Here they also sell an altramuk flour (it has carbo but a lot of protein).What happens is that such muffins would not like many people!

In any case, the most important thing is that everything you put on and calculate the grams of carbohydrates per 100 gr and by portion or unit.That is the most important thing.Buy a food composition book.There are also web pages with low carbohydrate desserts and food apps.

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
05/30/2020 11:26 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Hello, I hope you are lucky with the business but I think we sink into the incongruity.We are diabetic and we must avoid, except for exceptions, all that kind of rapid glucose absorption foods.It is as if we open a tobacconist thinking about lung cancer patients.And if we remove glucose to a sweet the result is that we fill it with artificial fats and sweeteners.The health authorities always advise that one day you eat a cake (someday ...) Well, you eat it from those who sell for all audiences ...
I am sorry to write these words in your message full of illusion but I think that this kind of pastry creates a false consciousness of diabetes and opens the doors to bad metabolic control.
All the best.

Ss1's profile photo
Ss1
05/30/2020 11:43 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Ss1

I understand you but I think there is an intermediate term.And there are many people with diabetes who love pastry.It is a small contradiction.But what is prohibited always likes or attracts more.But I understand your comment.

My muffins are super healthy.With non -saturated fats, fiber and protein.And very few carbohydrates.In general, a unit usually is equivalent to a ration of carbohydrates.I think it can be done healthy pastry.With low carbohydrates.Stevia is not artificial!.

The problem is that many people would not like.Four of my muffins can perfectly replace a meal.They are full of fiber.

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
05/30/2020 2:54 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.