I am a dietitian and I dedicate myself to creating rich recipes suitable for diabetes.

nutricards's profile photo   06/02/2020 9:16 a.m.

Hello everyone!I introduce myself, my name is Irene, I am 27 years old, I am from Seville and I am a dietitian.
Although I professionally offer a comprehensive nutrition service, I am specializing in diabetes since it is an issue that touches me very closely.
My partner is type I diabetic since childhood and knowing it was what gave me the push to choose the profession, although everything related to food I already liked.
Our diet revolves around the DMI and continuously makes low recipes for not saying void in hydrates, which are death.
Since we eat that way He has fully controlled glycemia.Most days even seem to have no disease.
I have an Instagram in which, although I also share some other general nutrition things and recipes, most recipes are designed for diabetes.
I have flour -free pizzas bases, sweets without sugar or farinaceans ...
I would love to be able to help with those ideas that the food of some people was less tedious and boring.
So if you want to have the recipes they are on my Instagram profile that is @Nutricards.
I just joined the forum and I am looking forward to sharing my experiences with you and vice versa.He had never been part of a forum before.
I am very happy to be here.
A strong hug to all.
Irene

nutricards's profile photo
nutricards
06/02/2020 9:16 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Good, welcome to the forum.

So .. as nutritionist what you recommend are diet with low or no carbohydrates?

marine's profile photo
marine
06/02/2020 10:17 a.m.

marine said:
good, welcome to the forum.

So .. as nutritionist what you recommend are diet with low or no carbohydrates?

It depends on each particular case, it is very delicate.But the truth is that I do not see meaning to make the diet based on insulin units, but would see more logical to put insulin units based on diet,
I think there is usually a bit of lag and amounts of incomprehensidble carbohydrates for people who cannot metabolize them are recommended.
I would not eliminate them one hundred percent, but it would reduce them.My patients are reduced and adjusted little by little according to their evolution.
At home we do Low Carb and blood glucose is much more controlled than with more insulin and more carbos.
But I emphasize that each case should be known in a particular way.

nutricards
06/02/2020 10:38 a.m.

Your Instagram is great, I will try many of your safe recipes.3 years ago more or less that I do low in hydrates and intermittent fasting and it is great.It is all much easier and I have also improved other things in addition to diabetes.Not as between hours, most of the days with two meals come to me and I no longer have sweets almost ever.Years ago they gave me cravings for everything sweet and was a disaster for glucose.Now from time to time I do some dessert under hydrates or I like a piece of black chocolate and I enjoy it without anxiety to eat more.
It is good to see nutrition professionals updated on this issue because most endocrine still see it badly and believe that diabetics have to eat many hydrates and at all times.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
06/02/2020 11:14 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Yesssica_a said:
Your Instagram is great, I will try many of your safe recipes.3 years ago more or less that I do low in hydrates and intermittent fasting and it is great.It is all much easier and I have also improved other things in addition to diabetes.Not as between hours, most of the days with two meals come to me and I no longer have sweets almost ever.Years ago they gave me cravings for everything sweet and was a disaster for glucose.Now from time to time I do some dessert under hydrates or I like a piece of black chocolate and I enjoy it without anxiety to eat more.
It is good to see nutrition professionals updated on this issue because most endocrine still see it badly and believe that diabetics have to eat many hydrates and at all times.

I am very happy that you liked it!And I am very happy that the low car and fasting strategy is working.The truth is that you have all the reason in the world ... I think they do not give the appropriate guidelines to patients.It is like prescribing peanuts to a person who has allergy to peanuts and then tell him to put adrenaline.I don't see sense of truth.He already caught my attention when I met my boyfriend and explained how the disease worked.There was something that didn't square me ... That's why I decided to choose those studies.After years living with him and forming the subject increasingly necessary to update the recommendations to diabetes patients.It is obvious that if a person develops the disease and goes to a doctor he will pay attention to what he says ...
Anyway .. A very strong kiss!

nutricards
06/02/2020 11:18 a.m.

@Nutricards

Welcome to the forum.An expert in nutrition is very good!It is very good that you interest diabetes.And your boy will be delighted.With my wife I usually comment everything, and she really is that more books have been read than me.It is very good because sometimes one puts the leg.Well many times!And it comes very good someone to comment.

At the moment I am doing very well my system of 120 gr carbohydrates daily that adjust with my nutritionist.What I do is put a lot of vegetables and always if I take some pasta, rice or bread that are integral.What is more important, not only for us but for anyone, is to avoid saturated fats.And regular sport.

I always say that there is no diet but eating healthy and balanced.But it is true that there are many people who do not know what that means.In my work with people who are supposed to have many studies, I sometimes have impressed what people know about the composition of food and their effect on the body.Something incredible because we eat every day!

Well, I roll up!

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
06/02/2020 11:39 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

jldiazdel said:
@nutricards

Welcome to the forum.An expert in nutrition is very good!It is very good that you interest diabetes.And your boy will be delighted.With my wife I usually comment everything, and she really is that more books have been read than me.It is very good because sometimes one puts the leg.Well many times!And it comes very good someone to comment.

At the moment I am doing very well my system of 120 gr carbohydrates daily that adjust with my nutritionist.What I do is put a lot of vegetables and always if I take some pasta, rice or bread that are integral.What is more important, not only for us but for anyone, is to avoid saturated fats.And regular sport.

I always say that there is no diet but eating healthy and balanced.But it is true that there are many people who do not know what that means.In my work with people who are supposed to have many studies, I sometimes have impressed what people know about the composition of food and their effect on the body.Something incredible because we eat every day!

Well, I roll up!

GREETING

Thank you very much for the welcome!I am very happy that your nutritionist's adjustment is working well!The sport is essential, to bet on whole grains and also combine them with healthy fats.The problem of saturated fat is closely linked to blood glucose levels.The latest scientific studies indicate that their problem appears when there is an insulin bath ... In principle if this is not so there would be no real problem with saturated fats.
But this is like everything, every day discoveries and new information come out, it is the good thing about scientific studies, so we have to be in continuous update.Because what is good one day the next day, and on the contrary.
You have all the reason in the world with misinformation, and food is something that everyone has an opinion and what everyone speaks, often without foundation unfortunately ... but we all eat ...So we all want to address the subject.
In the end!!Nice to meet you

nutricards
06/02/2020 11:45 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.