{'en': 'What to have sports', 'es': 'Que tomar haciendo deporte'} Image

What to have sports

Dalu's profile photo   06/16/2020 6:27 p.m.

To athletes, what do you take when you do sports?

I hit each drop, to run 30 or 40 minutes I take a banana or something else that makes me 1 ration or ration and average before starting, at 20 minutes a juice and when I get home I still need many days to take meAnything else.

Come on, I ingest more calories than those I lose.

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
06/16/2020 6:27 p.m.

Papa niño 3 años diagnosticado julio 2017. Uso medtronic 640 con sensor enlite. Ultima glicosilada 6,3.

Diagnosticado noviembre 2019.

Go down the basal insulin, or lower the rapid of the previous food and train being a little high (about 200) is what I do the days that I do not want to eat more so as not to pass my calories

Macarena93's profile photo
Macarena93
06/17/2020 5:08 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

When I started, it costs more ... you have little more than the option you do or the one that tells you @macarena93.

When you have been running for some time and it doesn't cost you just that time, you will need less hydrates.

I think the best combination is a bit of both.Anyway, think of exercise as something that contributes much more than a caloric expense.If you want to lose weight you will have better control by controlling the total Kcal ingested than running 40min.

marine's profile photo
marine
06/17/2020 9:59 p.m.

@Dalu

You are probably still on honeymoon and that's why you require many carbohydrates before.The same thing happened to me.Now I always take about 10 gr of carbohydrates in Isostar to the gym.And I only take half.At first the double.

The important thing is that you avoid the hypos in the gym or running.They are not pleasant

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
06/19/2020 5:37 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Something very rare happens to me
I woke up at 7:30 am with 250
Inject 2 Lispro units
Walk 5 kilometers per hour and 15 min fasting
And I check the glucose wings 9:30 am and in 200
Why does that happen to me?

Esther1382's profile photo
Esther1382
07/22/2020 3:14 a.m.

esther1382 said:
something very rare happens to me
I woke up at 7:30 am with 250
Inject 2 Lispro units
Walk 5 kilometers per hour and 15 min fasting
And I check the glucose wings 9:30 am and in 200
Why does that happen to me?

There is something that "I discovered" and that my nutritionist confirmed me and that is that a "key" for insulin to act better in certain cases is to ingest a minimum of hydrates.

I give you a very clear example, I am one of those who get up with alba effect (at 6:30 am I can have 120 and at 9:00, 200) and some time ago I took and said ... Well, I don't just breakfast just the coffee II put the corresponding insulin and pulling miles.He looked at me at 2h and 180 .... how?If I have not eaten anything ...

Next test ... same initial values, and now the same insulin (8ud) + 4ud extra but I am going to eat a 100g of bread (50 HC net) I look at 2h and 160 but it is that at the end of thetomorrow .....

With the first option I had 160 before eating and with the second option 90.

And I can assure you that the calculations do not come out anywhere ... but what is sure is that if I get HC in meals even if it is a minimum everything is much better.

marine's profile photo
marine
07/22/2020 10:24 a.m.

I take what I take I get off

Do you have something or special drink that endures you?

milavega1966's profile photo
milavega1966
07/22/2020 4:07 p.m.

It is interesting what tells @marine

I always take some carbohydrate at meals, so I never did that fasting test.

@Esther1382

Although these are fasting there are many hormones that can cause increases in blood glucose.Although the truth, what you say is curious especially after putting insulin.Apart from the intervention of other hormones, there is the option that insulin does not enter well, because of the ball or the area where you put it, or that something defective was.

Greetings and I hope you don't repeat

jldiazdel
07/22/2020 6:05 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@Milavega196

To do sports, I usually do every day before eating in my case, so as not to have active insulin, I take half a liter of water with isostar powder that mixed, in total about 10 gr of carbohydrates.I take it for security and control the sensor.

Normally I only spend between the boat or a room.But one day I had to take everything and someday nothing.I look at the sensor and with that I am calibrating it taking into account that the sensor has a delay of about 20 m.So I look at the trend that has.If it is in low slope, even if it says that at that time it is fine, I take a good drink of my isostar.

All the best

jldiazdel
07/22/2020 6:22 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

I have always suffered the effect of dawn.3 months ago, I have almost no carbohydrates.Vegetable, fish or meat but without hydrates.A Danone without sugar and skimmed.Well, apart from lowering the three of 34 units to 16, at night I go nailed ... Nothing to wake up with 250 or 300 ... The truth is that this change of food habit has come very well.
I do sports day if not always and had never noticed the change until I stopped adding hydrates to dinner ...
As for what to take with the sport .... any type of hydrates is good, as long as it is not a pastries ... some figs, ears, dates, bananas and why not, energy bars ...
There are countless online recipes to make them yourself

Antonio Bravo Gonzalez's profile photo
Antonio Bravo Gonzalez
05/03/2021 1:16 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.