Waiting times

almuvaldes22's profile photo   03/16/2021 9:05 a.m.

Good morning, I wanted to make a query ... sometimes it happens to me that breakfast goes down to half an hour that I already skip the low alarm, that happens to do too much time of wspera?Or excess insulin?Greetings and thanks

almuvaldes22's profile photo
almuvaldes22
03/16/2021 9:05 a.m.

Sugarsugar

@almovaldes22

Complicated, really, if it doesn't happen to you very regularly.
Insulin begins to do some effect at half an hour, but in my case, not much.
You can try to reduce the waiting time and see how such a few days.
Quick insulin excess is noticeable at the time/ hour and a half you have to eat something again to avoid entering hiccups or being very low.
It can also be the type of breakfast, that those days take more fat/proteins, and carbohydrates enter more slowly.But if you then go back without eating anything and do not enter the hiccup area, I wouldn't worry much.
all the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
03/16/2021 10:54 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

jldiazdel said:
@almuvaldes22

Complicated, really, if it doesn't happen to you very regularly.
Insulin begins to do some effect at half an hour, but in my case, not much.
You can try to reduce the waiting time and see how such a few days.
Quick insulin excess is noticeable at the time/ hour and a half you have to eat something again to avoid entering hiccups or being very low.
It can also be the type of breakfast, that those days take more fat/proteins, and carbohydrates enter more slowly.But if you then go back without eating anything and do not enter the hiccup area, I wouldn't worry much.
all the best

Yes, go back alone, and then keep up, like this, I will try to do some less waiting ... I use insulin fiasp and take effect before ... thank you very much. A greeting

almuvaldes22's profile photo
almuvaldes22
03/16/2021 11:24 a.m.

Sugarsugar

@isabelbota

If you go back the glycemia then and do not enter the hiccup area and it works then, I would not change the truth much.In our case, it is impossible to be very flat.

If blood glucose goes down but it does not reach 70 and then goes up, and after two hours you are "normal", I would not exchange the rapid times.I sometimes happen to me too.

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
03/16/2021 12:47 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

The same is happening to me
I am on a honeymoon, I debuted 6 months ago, and I am not the one to the waiting times, I am with 1 a toujeo and 2 - 1.5 - 1.5 of Humaloj in breakfast, food and dinner with 40 -60-60-60 carbohydrates at meals because they tell me that I have to take weight, I usually make 10 min waiting between insulin and food and many times towards the time, an hour and a half to start eating it takes me to hiccup, then go back and go upOnly but those moments of anguish do not take them away from me, try to make a wait of 5 min but of course, hyper insured and then I get quickly rapid that takes me to hip14 And now I have 1.8 if you can advise me, I would appreciate it, because I don't know what to do

Dianadigm's profile photo
Dianadigm
06/16/2024 6:48 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Put the insulin after eating, or do not put yourself if you do not see that it goes up over 160.
On the honeymoon, fast insulin is not used, it is precisely called that is why.It is only used basal and in small quantities.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/17/2024 10:06 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia Thank you very much for your advice what happens is that my endocrine does not let me take away the fast because it tells me that something I always have to put, and how I have to eat so much carbohydrate, if I do not put anything, if I get up to more than 160

Dianadigm
06/18/2024 9:53 a.m.

It forces you to put insulin because you eat a lot of hydrate.It is not necessary to stick to hydrates.You can eat less and not need insulin.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/19/2024 3:04 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia If I know, I told you privately, the problem is that I cannot remove carbohydrates because I need to gain weight, because I lost a lot of weight in the debut, I measure 1.62, I lost 9 kilos, I stayed in 49, now weight52, I recovered 3 and they tell me, do not reduce carbohydrates so as not to lose weight again

Dianadigm
06/19/2024 10:51 p.m.

@Dianadigm It is normal to recover weight according to control glycemia.I lost 12 kg, a month I had already recovered 3 kg and returned to my weight in 6 months

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/19/2024 10:56 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia thank you very much, I will try to lower the carbohydrates and thus be able to lower the insulin

Dianadigm
06/19/2024 11:04 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.