Good morning to all!

Lorena Andraus Berrio's profile photo   04/04/2021 4:49 p.m.

I introduce myself, my name is Lorena Andraus, I am from Colombia and I am 46 years old, diabetics since the 11. Bilateral diabetic retinopathy I lost my eyes for a process that started about 15 years ago approx.

I currently use Aspártica and Degludec insulin and for glycemic control the free freestyle which monitoring by cell application.

Many posts of the forums have caught my attention and I love being aware of the news in diabetes, as if there are people who share my disability (which, no matter how much I have tried to find I have not found ☺) I also know experiences and experiences andNews about it.

I also find myself in availability to share my experiences and order in what I can collaborate.

Lorena Andraus Berrio's profile photo
Lorena Andraus Berrio
04/04/2021 4:49 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Lorena, welcome to the Forum.It is good to read you, of course I would like to read of your experiences, and surely in the Forum there are much others that would be more than pleasure to read you.Bilateral diabetic retinopathy when was, at the beginning or over the years?

matrix's profile photo
matrix
04/06/2021 11:46 p.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

matrix said:
hello lorena, welcome to the forum.It is good to read you, of course I would like to read of your experiences, and surely in the Forum there are much others that would be more than pleasure to read you.Bilateral diabetic retinopathy when it was, at the beginning or with the years?

Thanks for the greeting!

Retinopathy was developed after more than 20 years with diabetes ... glycemic control in my case has always been difficult and at that time we did not have the advantages of continuous meters that facilitate so much.
I recognize negligence when I stop reviewing my eyes for a couple of years, added to the fact that after the vitrectomy the retina did not hit and well ... that was more than 13 years ago.

There one thinks that these kinds of things will never happen to him, thank God today there are many more tools to take care and that is why I loved this forum ☺ there is much to learn from each other!

Lorena Andraus Berrio
04/07/2021 1:52 a.m.

Lorena Andraus Berrio said:

matrix said:
hello lorena, welcome to the forum.It is good to read you, of course I would like to read of your experiences, and surely in the Forum there are much others that would be more than pleasure to read you.Bilateral diabetic retinopathy when it was, at the beginning or with the years?

Thanks for the greeting!

Retinopathy was developed after more than 20 years with diabetes ... glycemic control in my case has always been difficult and at that time we did not have the advantages of continuous meters that facilitate so much.
I recognize negligence when I stop reviewing my eyes for a couple of years, added to the fact that after the vitrectomy the retina did not hit and well ... that was more than 13 years ago.

There one thinks that these kinds of things will never happen to him, thank God today there are many more tools to take care and that is why I loved this forum ☺ there is much to learn from each other!

that's how it is.Technology and medicine have advanced a lot.Today one can measure glucose every day at home with glucometers and strips, one can go to any laboratory to perform a glucosilada, there are different types of insulin, many options.

I wish you the best in the future.In this Forum I have learned a lot, reading comments, experiences and suggestions of other users allows you to learn, compare and in my case, I help personally to many acquaintances who do not know about the subject.

matrix's profile photo
matrix
04/09/2021 6:07 p.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

matrix said:
lorena Andraus berrio said:
>
matrix said:
matrix said:

Thanks for the greeting!

that's how it is.Technology and medicine have advanced a lot.Today one can measure glucose every day at home with glucometers and strips, one can go to any laboratory to perform a glucosilada, there are different types of insulin, many options.

I wish you the best in the future.In this Forum I have learned a lot, reading comments, experiences and suggestions of other users allows you to learn, compare and in my case, I help personally to many acquaintances who do not know about the subject.

Excellent!For that we are ... to learn from each other ...
I think it is also valuable to understand that one is not alone, that diabetes is not 1 + 1 = 2 always, but that the same with test and error can be controlled ☺

Greetings and blessings!

Lorena Andraus Berrio
04/09/2021 11:38 p.m.

lorena Andraus berrio said:
about 15 years approx.

I currently use Aspártica and Degludec insulin and for glycemic control the free freestyle which monitoring by cell application.

Many posts of the forums have caught my attention and I love being aware of the news in diabetes, as if there are people who share my disability (which, no matter how much I have tried to find I have not found ☺) I also know experiences and experiences andNews about it.

I also find myself in availability to share my experiences and order in what I can collaborate.

Good Lorena here you learn quite a lot help me a lot when it debuts 6 years ago, I am guy1, and it is true that there are now more means to control diabetes, that before but it is never too late to do so that you have to take it as well as possibleand move on.Well come to the Animo Forum

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/11/2021 10:42 a.m.

antonimar said:
Lorena Andraus Berrio said:
I present myself, my name is Lorena Andraus, I am from Colombia and I am 46 years old, diabetics since 11.By bilateral diabetic retinopathy I lost my eyes due to a process that began about 15 years ago.

Good Lorena here you learn quite a lot help me a lot when it debuts 6 years ago, I am guy1, and it is true that there are now more means to control diabetes, that before but it is never too late to do so that you have to take it as well as possibleand move on.Well come to the Animo Forum

In that we are Antony, thank you for the greeting!
Nice day and blessings ☺

Lorena Andraus Berrio
04/16/2021 1:31 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.