{'en': 'The Lantus has been clicking in a Venita ... What a fright !!!', 'es': 'Se ha pinchando en una venita la lantus... ¡menudo susto!!!'} Image

The Lantus has been clicking in a Venita ... What a fright !!!

elisa74's profile photo   03/16/2021 11:19 p.m.

Good night,

Today before dinner my son has punctured the lantus in the leg (I was with him), when he took the needle, 2 droplets of blood have come out. No more, he has not hurt especially either.

Well, at 10 minutes it told me that I was very dizzy, I have made the capillary and I was in 45, I have scared a lot, I have given it an envelope of glucose, I have waited for 5 minutes or so (I know that I already know thatThey are 15 but I was very nervous), I have done the test again and I was in 35 !!!

Look, it almost gives me something, I have given him a glucose envelope, I already lookingGoing up ...

Now 2 hours later it is in 190 and the arrow horizontally.

I will be watching it all night, since it is the basal that has been punctured the same can give it down again at night?

Jo, and if this happens to him when he is in school?

Does a Venita catch usually happen on the legs or has it been just bad luck?

Thank you!

elisa74's profile photo
elisa74
03/16/2021 11:19 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

No, calm.
Blood can be of a capillary, it is normal and does not imply that it has been intravenous, it passes many times and does not give hypoglycemia.

The basal has a peak at 2-3 hours according to the brand, then, then stabilizes.It is not so immediate, it may have given hypoglycemia.This is what happens and frequently, adrenaline plays it.

While you are aware and you can give juice, sugar water or sugary soft drinks avoid glucagon, they told me that when I was almost unconscious, someone put it on me.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/16/2021 11:35 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Blood comes out when puncturing many times, but it is very rare that it causes hypoglycemia.
Always have juice or cocacola.
Yes, he already managed to recover, he passed, and at night he will be fine.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/16/2021 11:51 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I do not know @ruthbia, the blood does not give him impression, we are going to do with which an analysis is done and he is looking at how they take blood (something that I do not) ajjaa, is that it has been very fast and I already tell you thatIn a question of nothing, it has been put in 35 ... and they had already warned me that I was careful if it ever punctured and blood came out, but not for two droplets of anything !!When do you click on the legs do it in the central area or more in the outer zone?

elisa74's profile photo
elisa74
03/16/2021 11:52 p.m.

The slow one usually puts on the buttock, that there is more fat., And it hurts less ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/16/2021 11:55 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

When I punctuate the slow leg, I do it at the top and in the outer area.I have also left some blood droplets (nothing scandalous) and has never given me a low.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
03/17/2021 12:01 p.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

What you say has happened to me.Normally when he bleeds nothing happens but he can once happen that some direct insulin has entered blood and you have a very fast downturn.Whenever blood be pending and you give glucose if you see that it goes down.
Since I put it in the buttock it has not happened to me, but in my leg he usually bleeds.The slow one no longer play it to put it on the leg, I always put it in the upper part of the buttock.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
03/17/2021 1:28 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Did you change the 8mm needles?

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
03/17/2021 1:49 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

@Alberto_13
I have changed them.I had to renew them and told my doctor to change them to 5mm and he did.The truth is that as a result of reading what you wrote, I kept searching and are discouraged everywhere, and I already tell you, what weight 50 kg, but they are the ones that my doctor prescribed me at the beginning of all this.I'm already with the 5, but if I don't say anything I continue with 8 ...

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
03/17/2021 10:04 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Hi @Alberto_13, yes, I bought the 5mm the same day you commented, the truth is that much better, thanks.
@Yessica_a today I have punctured the slow one in the buttock in the upper part and has not bothered anything so that from now on I will put it there.This afternoon for the snack, the quick one has put on the leg, but in the outermost area, and a drop of blood has also come out and I have scared thinking if the same thing was going to happen to him, but it has gone well ...

elisa74's profile photo
elisa74
03/17/2021 11:55 p.m.

@Elisa74, the rapid best in gut or arm.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/18/2021 3:35 a.m.

@Elisa74 The fast is less dangerous if it enters blood because there is much less quantity.It has never happened to me but I suppose I could the same as the slow one.Anyway, if in any area it bleeds more tries to avoid it because Moraton usually comes out when he bleeds.A lot happens on the legs.In the gut and arm less.But the most important thing is to rotate the areas to avoid lipodystrophies.It is always better for some moraton to come out than to end lipodystrophies that take a long way to take off and prevent insulin from absorbing well.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
03/18/2021 9:24 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

@Elisa74 In the buttocks, droplets also come out, but it hurts less.I put the slow in the buttocks and the rapid on the waist sides.I am full of bruises because I have the very weak capillaries.
Important to rotate, I was advised to make mesh leaving two fingers between the injection points.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/18/2021 8:47 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Elisa74, and could not have been the case that that hypoglycemia already had at the time of clicking lantus and would not have noticed it?I say it then strange how fast the glucose was lowered.
Blood comes out, it is not uncommon, because it happens many times.

vanessa30's profile photo
vanessa30
03/19/2021 8:02 a.m.

Bajonazo does not always occur, but it has also happened to me several times.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
03/19/2021 8:55 a.m.

Hello @vanessa30, no, it was in 123 when the slow (and the rapid) was punctured, so he had bad luck and went directly to a venita or not, now he has taken a little fear and does not want to prickIn the legs ...

elisa74's profile photo
elisa74
03/19/2021 4:37 p.m.

@Elisa74, in the legs it is where it is most recommended to prick the slow one, but let it have already passed the scare.
The important thing is to take experience, there is no other and over time it will lose fears.
The same thing happened to me but it was just at 20 min than quickly and precisely that day did not come out blood, and it was in the arm.
You support it and that he takes responsibility with his decisions.
A hug
Another day if it happens again (hopefully not), click glucagon even if it is awake

vanessa30
03/19/2021 5:26 p.m.

Yes, thanks @vanessa30, little by little, we still have not been with this "new" life, so we learn every day ...

elisa74's profile photo
elisa74
03/19/2021 10:39 p.m.

elisa74 said:
yes, thanks @vaness30, little by little, we still have not been with this "new" life, so we learn every day ...

Finally tell you that fast insulin is less than 150, it could be put in the middle of the food, or even before dessert.Maybe that was the one that caused the descent.
It is difficult to adapt, but because of what I read, you are doing very well 😊

vanessa30
03/19/2021 11:32 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.