Baby with debut at 18 months

Desinope's profile photo   04/08/2021 3:05 p.m.

Hello everyone.My little one debuted today two months ago was called Bran and I Jose.It is a hard situation with infinite doubts.A couple of weeks ago it seemed that we were taking the measure, but these last two have been hell.Talking to Endocrine, he explained that there are many factors for those mismatches especially at his age.We are considering the possibility of the insulin pump despite we wanted to postpone it for a few months, but viewed these two weeks we begin to be desperate.
What do you think about insulin bombs in such young children?Isn't it complicated for mobility?
They have offered us the Tandem .... Dexcom G6 with the Slim X2 ..... Would it be the most convenient for their age?
Thank you very much and greetings to everyone !!!!

Desinope's profile photo
Desinope
04/08/2021 3:05 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Desinope

Very complicated question!

First give you many moods.You'll see how everything will work out!Although it will be hard and difficult.
Therefore, that integrated bomb with Dexcom is a great advance.I know that for my nephew.It is very advanced.And also in the forum I have seen that there is another user.But it is very complicated.It requires a lot of knowledge and training.

What is not at all is whether it is feasible in an 18 -month -old baby.

A very strong greeting and many spirits

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
04/08/2021 9:09 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

desinope said:
hello to everyone.My little one debuted today two months ago was called Bran and I Jose.It is a hard situation with infinite doubts.A couple of weeks ago it seemed that we were taking the measure, but these last two have been hell.Talking to Endocrine, he explained that there are many factors for those mismatches especially at his age.We are considering the possibility of the insulin pump despite we wanted to postpone it for a few months, but viewed these two weeks we begin to be desperate.
What do you think about insulin bombs in such young children?Isn't it complicated for mobility?
They have offered us the Tandem .... Dexcom G6 with the Slim X2 ..... Would it be the most convenient for their age?
Thank you very much and greetings to everyone !!!!

hello.It is a very complicated question.I wish you the best for your baby and you, hopefully you can find the best way to carry the situation.Surely as it grows they will be able to handle it better and will be more controllable.Something that I would do (I don't know if you can) it is to see the subject with two different doctors.A 2nd opinion is always desirable in medical issues.I have known very good doctors who have a diagnosis or treatment X and when I go to another doctor it turns out that it suggests an alternative that turns out to be more ideal or beneficial.

I wish you the best.Blessings.

matrix's profile photo
matrix
04/11/2021 10:20 a.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

@matrix, the problem of babies is that half insulin unit already influences them a lot.They need more insulin as they grow, but sometimes half unity is too much.
They may need diluid insulin, prepared in pharmacy or an insulin pump.As soon as he turns three years old, you can handle much better.
Much encouragement.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/11/2021 10:33 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hi Jose, I think the bomb is a great advance to improve a person's life with diabetes, no doubt.My daughter "debuted" with 15 months, now he is about to turn 11.It has been bombing and if there had been the possibility of putting it from the prons, with what I know now and I have lived I would not hesitate.

We carry Medtronic, because it is the one with a concert in the hospital, but I think they recommend the Tandem because it is the one that works with the Dexcom G6 which is the only sensor approved for such young children.

march's profile photo
march
04/24/2021 10:36 a.m.

Thank you very much for your answers .... I will take note !!

Desinope's profile photo
Desinope
04/24/2021 1:33 p.m.

Hello, as the mother of a child who debuted at 15 months, I send you a huge hug and all my support.I understand you perfectly, as if it were in your place right now.
If you have the possibility of putting the insulin pump now, put it already !!!!, without thinking much.Although it costs your own to catch the truquillo.My son debuted with 15 months and now I am fighting with the endocrine and medical team of our hospital to put the bomb.They don't put!P..to coronavirus and we are on the waiting list.We caught the time (I speak to you of 2017), which put the insulin NPH vial with Humalog (San Juan de Dios Barcelona Hospital), brutal, not bad, the following.10 min of food and child was 47 in blood.A nightmare, make mescla with roads (slow, fast, Ràpid, slow) after a discussion and fights with the doctors they passed us to healthy feathers (bolis with a step of 0.5 units) for Lantus and Apidra.I took it off why cause serious hypos around 3 in the morning.Now we go with the same bolis step of 0.5 units but basal insulin has threeiba (we are doing very well, it is very flat).
My advice, if you can put a pump, do not think about it, put it, but Bolis system must be dominated in case you go on a trip and the pump does not xuta, at least you can eat well and with insulin.
P.S.: Meu Fill had Dexcom G6 sensors, they are going badly, they per need quite badly, they are not trusting much.It's like at night I whistle and brand 48 and in blood it is 120.Trying you, maybe it will do well, hopefully.It has advantages, Follow system.We since February of this year have passed the freestyle2+ bubble+ nightcout.And the truth is well.It is my opinion, I only share our experience after 2 years with the Dexcom G5 and then G6.

annie's profile photo
annie
04/27/2021 12:20 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.