Very fast descents with little exercise

DiabetesForo's profile photo   03/19/2021 1:08 p.m.

I used to walk a lot, about 15,000 steps a day.I am nothing athlete but I like to walk.But they have put the sensor two weeks ago and I am taking fear.There are times that just uploading a slope I see that the level of glucose begins to lower but quickly, or if it under the child to the school that is next to the house I notice that it also goes down, other times not so much, yesterday I started walking106 And after half an hour of walking when I started to bjar ... but I'm starting to worry because I don't know if it will be normal, and I'm already starting to scratch in case I will have something ... Do you think it's normal to you?Does anyone else happen to?

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/19/2021 1:08 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Do you have the sensor?You are wrong or hypo notes with those values?If I start walking half an hour with 106, hiccup

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
03/19/2021 1:36 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

I don't think it's a sensor error.

DiabetesForo
03/19/2021 1:39 p.m.

It is normal to lower glucose with cardio exercise.
You have to learn how your body behaves with exercise and you may have to take something before going out or any other exercise.
You should always wear a sweet in case you have hypoglycemia.That was told by the diabetological nurse when I debuted (I also wanted me to carry a medal that would put diabetes 🤣🤣🤣)

In my case, a 2-hour walk involves leaving home between 150-160 and at the time to take 2 candies or jelly beans.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/19/2021 2:13 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
It is normal for glucose with cardio exercise.
You have to learn how your body behaves with exercise and you may have to take something before going out or any other exercise.
You should always wear a sweet in case you have hypoglycemia.That was told by the diabetological nurse when I debuted (I also wanted me to carry a medal that would put diabetes 🤣🤣🤣)

In my case, a 2-hour walk involves leaving home between 150-160 and at the time to take 2 candies or jelly beans.

Already, what I miss is that I get so fast, there are times that within a few minutes of starting walking, I see that the white dots of the DVRIP begin to download ...

DiabetesForo
03/23/2021 11:08 a.m.

Do you have the slow one well adjusted?It is rare that it goes down so fast just from walking.With more intense cardio it is more normal but walking should not affect much and less if it is very little time.Check the night graphs to see if it fasted you, if so you would have to lower slowly and you will also notice when exercising.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
03/23/2021 11:11 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

alberto_13 said:
Does the sensor have error?You are wrong or hypo notes with those values?If I start walking half an hour with 106, hiccups

So it happens to you too?With half an hour of walking in those values, do you finish hiccy?

DiabetesForo
03/23/2021 12:11 p.m.

To my walk I lowered a lot I walk an hour for example I have dropped from 180-190 to 100-120, imagine if I start walking at 106

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
03/23/2021 1:10 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

You have too much basal

farstar's profile photo
farstar
03/28/2021 12:32 p.m.

@Fer123 I get quite a lot, above all because I don't walk every day.When I am regular with the exercise, it lowers me less.
This is proof and error.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/28/2021 1:57 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

fer1803 said:
I used to walk a lot, about 15,000 steps a day.I am nothing athlete but I like to walk.But they have put the sensor two weeks ago and I am taking fear.There are times that just uploading a slope I see that the level of glucose begins to lower but quickly, or if it under the child to the school that is next to the house I notice that it also goes down, other times not so much, yesterday I started walking106 And after half an hour of walking when I started to bjar ... but I'm starting to worry because I don't know if it will be normal, and I'm already starting to scratch in case I will have something ... Do you think it's normal to you?Someone else happens?

I recommend that you check those differences and study if the problem is how the sensor acts or is that your body works like this.

I am scratching myself right now because with the sensor I see that the sugar goes down more than normal than before ... before if ... before when I went to the gym every day and then the ends also moved ... almost almostI do not even make my mind that with the pandemic every physical background that he had gone to the garet and to climb the stairs to get home to the body already supposes an effort.

It is as @ruthbia says, the more you do you do .. the better your body will respond by not assuming an effort and will not give you so much downturn.

I also tell you ... try to be constant .. It is not worth a moGollon walk and then not walk again in 1 month and on the other hand the constancy will also make you go down the insulin dose since your metabolism will be more active.

marine's profile photo
marine
03/28/2021 8:31 p.m.

@Alberto_13
In my case I believe that the body adapts.
At first, when he walked through the clouds, he went to walk at 250 and arrived home with 100/120.
Now, maybe I go out with 100/120 the same time and I got home with 70/80 ...
That is, low much less.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
03/28/2021 9:02 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

marine said:
fer1803 said:
I used to walk a lot, about 15,000 steps a day.I am nothing athlete but I like to walk.But they have put the sensor two weeks ago and I am taking fear.There are times that just uploading a slope I see that the level of glucose begins to lower but quickly, or if it under the child to the school that is next to the house I notice that it also goes down, other times not so much, yesterday I started walking106 And after half an hour of walking when I started to bjar ... but I'm starting to worry because I don't know if it will be normal, and I'm already starting to scratch in case I will have something ... Do you think it's normal to you?Someone else happens?

I recommend that you check those differences and study if the problem is how the sensor acts or is that your body works like this.

I am scratching myself right now because with the sensor I see that the sugar goes down more than normal than before ... before if ... before when I went to the gym every day and then the ends also moved ... almost almostI do not even make my mind that with the pandemic every physical background that he had gone to the garet and to climb the stairs to get home to the body already supposes an effort.

It is as @ruthbia says, the more you do you do .. the better your body will respond by not assuming an effort and will not give you so much downturn.

I also tell you ... try to be constant .. It is not worth a moGollon walk and then not walk again in 1 month and on the other hand the constancy will also make you go down the insulin dose since your metabolism will be more active.

Because the case that in the glucometer the descents seem smoother.I am struck by what you say about the stairs, because it is the first thing that caught my attention, I use xdrip that is an app that converts the free into a continuous sensor and you are making measurements every minute, and what I saw was that when I went upstairs or a rise after a while began to lower the glucose, little but went down.Have you observed it too?

DiabetesForo
03/29/2021 12:16 p.m.

Yes, yes but then that effort is stabilized.
I use Diabox instead of XDRIP for continuous measurement and the decrease speed is marked.
If you are regular with exercise, this does not happen.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/29/2021 3:26 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.