Glycemia spikes

Emi1990's profile photo   07/10/2020 1:35 a.m.

Hello!!!In the afternoon I am and I have 133 I give myself 5u from Humalog to be able to eat something, I like a very small banana and an apple also girl, they are 30 or 40 gr hc.At 250mg/dl I suppose that because they are HC of high Ig and it does not give time to humalog I don't like these peaks at all ... the same thing happens to them ????

Emi1990's profile photo
Emi1990
07/10/2020 1:35 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

To minimize the peaks, you have to put the insulin 15..20 minutes before eating.

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
07/10/2020 9:53 a.m.

@Emi1990

In addition to putting insulin 15 or 20 m before eating you could take the apple (or banana) with some cheese or ham.Thus the carbohydrates will enter a little more slowly.The idea is to take something that has fat and proteins (without excesses).

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
07/10/2020 5:02 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

I would suppress the banana for another fruit with less hydrates, pear, orange ... they prohibited them when I debuted.I have eaten it once with a hypo of 39 and Verdecillo so that it was not very sweet.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/10/2020 8:37 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Well, like banana one day yes and another too.I have no problem.
To snack eat something that has few HC.With 133 if slow insulin is correct with that it would be enough.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
07/11/2020 2:12 p.m.

anaisabel said:
well as banana one day yes and another too.I have no problem.
To snack eat something that has few HC.With 133 if slow insulin is correct with that it would be enough.

Well yesterday I have 2 eggs with cheese, lettuce, spinach, tomato

Emi1990's profile photo
Emi1990
07/11/2020 9:06 p.m.

@Emi1990

I don't know if you put insulin, but the eggs enter slowly, at about two hours.It is what they call the fat/protein factor.Like everything, it depends on each one.An egg does not affect me much, but I have proven that two yes.Each body is a world.The tomato, if it is little I do not tell it, but from 200 gr yes.But that is in my case.

I proposed to you for the afternoon food before dinner, an apple and a little cheese (without excesses).Of course, putting insulin to correct the apple.

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
07/12/2020 7:33 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

jldiazdel said:
@emi1990

I don't know if you put insulin, but the eggs enter slowly, at about two hours.It is what they call the fat/protein factor.Like everything, it depends on each one.An egg does not affect me much, but I have proven that two yes.Each body is a world.The tomato, if it is little I do not tell it, but from 200 gr yes.But that is in my case.

I proposed to you for the afternoon food before dinner, an apple and a little cheese (without excesses).Of course, putting insulin to correct the apple.

GREETING

If I think it also happens to me as you also with the. Dossis, I give myself 3 a and it is as if nothing after 5 begins to give results 😘

Emi1990's profile photo
Emi1990
07/12/2020 8:17 p.m.

The cheese raises me at 2-3 hours for fat.
The eggs not much, just the fringing bread ... how rich!

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/12/2020 10:17 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

The ration of fruit for a diabetic is a small or half banana apple, or half pear, 1 fig, etc.
Two rations of fruit will quickly undermine glucose.Diabetics must follow a strict diet, apply the amount of insulin that our doctor indicates for that diet, as indicated.I suggest that you follow the indications of your endocrine.
Suggestion, if you eat for hunger, not for will, you will learn to listen to your body.You can consume a vegetable such as lettuce or cucumber, a piece of small cheese and an apple, that will satisfy your hunger better and will not affect your glycemia.Learning to eat is essential for diabetic patients.

MARIZUJIMENEZH's profile photo
MARIZUJIMENEZH
08/14/2020 7:36 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.