Covid 19 affects DB type 1?

pramtru's profile photo   07/16/2020 7:05 p.m.

I was reading a study they have done in Italy:

Ardensday.com/blog/covitally
Link

(I don't know if I have hit the hyperlink)

And it seems, the autoimmunity caused by DB to type 1 could precisely protect us from COVID.It would be good news.

In my case, my wife spent the covid and living with her, by the time you want to realize, it makes no sense to make an isolation.So we crossed our fingers, we continue with our usual coexistence and finally I had no symptoms.Nor have they done any serological proof, so I don't know whether or not I have antibodies.

But, after reading this study, would I want to ask in the forum, how many DB type 1 have you passed the coronavirus?Did anyone end up hospitalized?

pramtru's profile photo
pramtru
07/16/2020 7:05 p.m.

DB1 desde 2001
Tresiba 22 ud por la noche y Fiasp 4-5-5
Freestyle libre desde 2016
Ultima hemo 6.0

At the beginning of the pandemic I saw in the news a poor admitted man who had everything .... among one of them diabetes so ... no idea ...

It would certainly be good news but we must not lower the guard, much less because today nothing is known about the virus.

marine's profile photo
marine
07/16/2020 9:37 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, in theory we are risk groups and thus the reports bq still out there are: diabetes, cardiovascular problems including arterial hypertension, immunosuppression problems, cancer, liver disease and I don't know if I leave something.It does not differentiate between type 1 diabetes and type 2, it seems to be that 2 could be at higher risk since it is more associated with metabolic syndrome (high cholesterol, obesity, cardiovascular problems, hyperuricemia etc.), but it is not known ...

meginer's profile photo
meginer
07/16/2020 10:39 p.m.

pramru said:
I was reading a study they have done in Italy:

Ardensday.com/blog/covitally
Link

(I don't know if I have hit the hyperlink)

And it seems, the autoimmunity caused by DB to type 1 could precisely protect us from COVID.It would be good news.

In my case, my wife spent the covid and living with her, by the time you want to realize, it makes no sense to make an isolation.So we crossed our fingers, we continue with our usual coexistence and finally I had no symptoms.Nor have they done any serological proof, so I don't know whether or not I have antibodies.

But, after reading this study, would I want to ask in the forum, how many DB type 1 have you passed the coronavirus?Did anyone end up hospitalized?

Well, I would make serology out of curiosity, you would also know if you have protection although we already know that this protection lasts is not known.But if you have, it would be a tranquility to know that you have been in direct contact with someone who passed the covid and has passed it asymptomatic being type 1.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
07/16/2020 10:44 p.m.

In my case we have done the test and my daughter has given positive and we negative in antibodies so I suppose we have been of those asymptomatic that have not generated antibodies.If you have not had symptoms it is possible that now negative in the antibody test even if you had it at home ....

erpla's profile photo
erpla
07/16/2020 11:16 p.m.

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

Already, if we are a risk group I know, and no matter how much the study says I will not relax with prevention.

What I wanted to know is if there is someone from the forum who had complications with Covid, because that would take the study.

pramtru's profile photo
pramtru
07/16/2020 11:32 p.m.

DB1 desde 2001
Ultima hemo 6.0

My endocrine of the Jiménez Díaz Foundation called me and he told me that what they have learned with Covid is that type 1 diabetics behave just like a non -diabetic.Another thing that we have additional pathologies that usually happen to older people.

I do not take care of me, I have spent several asymptomatic viruses of the rare, rare.I discovered them in a serological analysis many years ago for fertility treatment.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/17/2020 2:26 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Well, I suppose there is still much to learn from this disease, even so, it would be interesting to know the testimony of someone from the forum that has passed it.

Statistically, 5% should have contracted it, and someone should have had some complication from which we can learn

pramtru's profile photo
pramtru
07/17/2020 3:41 p.m.

DB1 desde 2001
Ultima hemo 6.0

I have been enclosed at home since March, it would be great for the autoimmune system to throw a little hand.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
07/17/2020 8:30 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

Claro Solaria, that's why I ask

pramtru's profile photo
pramtru
07/18/2020 10:17 a.m.

DB1 desde 2001
Ultima hemo 6.0

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.