{'en': 'Hypoglycemia', 'es': 'Hipoglucemias'} Image

Hypoglycemia

Roro's profile photo   07/20/2020 10:43 p.m.

In March I debuted, everything has been very complicated and continues to be very complicated.

I am very worried, every day an hour after eating, I have hypoglycemia of 54, 60, and up to 48 and remain throughout the afternoon.

In the morning I usually be very high.If I wear too much lantus, hypoglycemia are constant.

Has anyone had these problems?

Thank you so much!

Roro's profile photo
Roro
07/20/2020 10:43 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It seems that you do not use fast insulin.You should, and also reduce basal insulin (slow).

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
07/20/2020 11:56 p.m.

Yes, I put a quick insulin as they paid, not always, before meals and the slow one I have lowered to 6 of Lantus, very little

Roro's profile photo
Roro
07/21/2020 12:04 a.m.

If after eating you give you the fast or eat more HC.
And it is neither much nor is little 6 units each one has to inject what you need.It is not more sick one that gets 40 than the one that gets 6.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
07/21/2020 12:11 a.m.

Thank you, I am very clueless with this, I get very nervous with hypoglycemia.

Roro's profile photo
Roro
07/21/2020 12:47 a.m.

@RORO

I have come to put only 4 units of slow.Now I am in 6 units.Each one puts on his body asks.

Mind yourself before bedtime.Put the basal and in the morning before breakfast you measure again.If you are more or less as you lie down, the basal is fine.Do it three days in a row.In that case, you have to adjust the fast and avoid the hypos.So you comment on those hypos after eating are usually due to excess of fast insulin.You have to learn your factor, how much insulin you have to get out of carbohydrate.As you carry little, you are still on a honeymoon.That makes you need little insulin.We have all had those problems.At first it is not easy.Cheer up

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
07/21/2020 5:41 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Thank you..
Today they have given me the results of the analysis and they tell me that the gad 65 antibody is negative, what does it mean? Can it be the cause of hypoglycemia?

Roro's profile photo
Roro
07/29/2020 12:39 a.m.

Tell it with your endocrine.That is to determine your diabetes.There are more evidence.
Hypoglycemia after meals are produced due to excess insulin.

jldiazdel
07/29/2020 9:33 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@RORO

A very simple link of several tests.But the best thing is that you talk to your endocrine.

Link

jldiazdel
07/29/2020 9:50 a.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@Ororo, if you just debuted you need very little basal insulin and very little or nothing quick in meals.

In my first year I only used basal, Lantus 10 units I think I remember and quickly only if before eating it was above 160mg/dl of blood glucose, in which case I put only 1 unique.I once had hyper to eat little, but not because of excess insulin, my diet was fixed on hydrates so that the endo could fix my doses until I learned alone.I had a honeymoon, which was already ending in my year 5 of diabetes, but still use little insulin as they tell me.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/31/2020 1:07 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Well the endocrine has told me that I have to do other tests to define my diabetes. My problem is that I put 6 or eight or ten, the mornings are always exceeding 140mg/dl.

Roro's profile photo
Roro
07/31/2020 4:06 p.m.

You will have Alba effect, it also depends on what Cenes.Fats make glycemia go up hours after eating

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/31/2020 7:33 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I am surprised by the handling you mean.I suggest you go to the endocrinologist, since the first thing you should do when debuts in this disease is to start with an adequate diabetic diet, as the disease is evolving, you add medications and when the medications are no longer enoughThe scheme?Because many patients do not require insulin, but their insulin works better.The prescribing insulin from the early stages of the disease can constitute, begin to favor insulin resistance.

MARIZUJIMENEZH's profile photo
MARIZUJIMENEZH
08/14/2020 6:41 a.m.

That is false.A person with type 1 diabetes must start with insulin immediately because his body does not generate it or is ceasing to generate it (honeymoon).The medication in pills is for type 2, because insulin is generated, but the body does not process it.Please do not confuse and less people who are debuting.

marizujimenezh said:
I am surprised by the handling you mean.I suggest you go to the endocrinologist, since the first thing you should do when debuts in this disease is to start with an adequate diabetic diet, as the disease is evolving, you add medications and when the medications are no longer enoughThe scheme?Because many patients do not require insulin, but their insulin works better.Prescribing insulin from the early stages of the disease can constitute, begin to favor insulin resistance.

María Vielleicht's profile photo
María Vielleicht
08/26/2020 10:54 a.m.

I just want to notice that hypoglycemia produces mental confusion, since the brain uses sugar to work.Therefore, it is convenient to have an action protocol for bass, because, although it seems impossible, you may not fall into the only thing you need to make is take sugar.At home we have a sign: 1 sugar 2. Show recover 3. Do not ask questions (the hypo makes you irascible while hard).Good luck and keep us informed

Paco Iriarte Vañó's profile photo
Paco Iriarte Vañó
08/30/2020 11:35 a.m.

Many grace.

It's true, I overwhelm and I'm stunned.Thanks for your support, it seems that I control this better.
All the best

Roro's profile photo
Roro
08/31/2020 11:24 p.m.

Brilliant !

Don't worry.We have all gone through high and low.It is normal

All the best

jldiazdel
09/02/2020 5:44 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.