{'en': 'Continuous glucose meter', 'es': 'Medidor continuo de glucosa'} Image

Continuous glucose meter

lulu01's profile photo   07/26/2020 8:46 p.m.

Hello friends,

I have type 1 diabetes 11 years ago, with multiple dose treatment, Aspart and Teoujeo spending.

My doctor does not tell me anything about the continuous glucose meter, so I need you to guide me, what I must do to be able to manage it and give it to me.

I thank you for any information that you can facilitate.

Thank you so much!

lulu01's profile photo
lulu01
07/26/2020 8:46 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

lulu01 said:
Hello friends, I have type 1 diabetes 11 years ago, with multiple dose treatment, aspart and teoujeo expense.My doctor does not tell me anything about the continuous glucose meter, so I need you to guide me, what I must do to be able to manage it and give it to me.
I thank you for any information that you can provide.

The communities that finance it, only do it with insulin bombs.I have already asked for change.

DavidAG2000's profile photo
DavidAG2000
07/26/2020 11:18 p.m.

@Davidag2000 That is not so, in the Community of Madrid they finance it you take pump or use feathers, they begin to give me the freestyle II in September and I do not use insulin bomb, in addition, it is not so easy that you change your feathersto bomb.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
07/27/2020 11:32 a.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Thank you very much for the information.I live in the Valencian Community

lulu01's profile photo
lulu01
07/27/2020 11:34 a.m.

nigiri said:
@davidag2000 That is not so, in the Community of Madrid they finance it you take pump or use feathers, they begin to give me the freestyle II in September and I do not use pump of pumpInsulin, in addition, it is not so easy that you change your pump feathers.

FSL2 is not an MCG (continuous glucose meter), it is a flash system.I also are the system that I use and requested change to bomb + mcg and they have granted it to me.Now I am on a waiting list that, honestly, is a very long waiting list because it is very requested.

DavidAG2000's profile photo
DavidAG2000
07/27/2020 11:35 a.m.

@lulu01

Tell her with your doctor.But ask him to send you the Free Style free sensor 2 of Abbott that is normally financed in Spain many autonomous communities.Even if it is not really an MCG, because you are you who has to pass the mobile or its receiver through the sensor to receive the measurements (it works by NFC), you will greatly improve the control of your glycemia.She knows.Another issue is that they have a budget.It is worth it, even sometimes they will give you problems and mistakes and you will have to learn to use it.

Greetings and I hope they give it to you

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
07/27/2020 11:44 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

I have been using uninterruptedly for 29 months and has changed my life positively.I am an insulinding diabetic since September 1980.
Until now I pay the sensors, but my endocrine (in Madrid), has put me on the list to be paid by the SS.

RUBIOARES's profile photo
RUBIOARES
08/02/2020 1:42 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.