{'en': 'Metformin', 'es': 'Metformina'} Image

Metformin

isabelbota's profile photo   03/26/2021 10:07 a.m.

Hello everyone!

Does anyone know if it is the same or varies a metformin in the morning, average at food and a half at dinner than to take one in the morning and one at dinner?

That is, I do not know if the effect of metformin is immediate or in the long term.

The story is that I was taking one, medium and a half.The inconvenience is that the average of the food was sometimes forgotten and when I realized it was already at dinner with what I could no longer take it.

In addition, when you leave it, you know fatal.Then I've been taking a breakfast and one at dinner for a few days.

Will it be the same effect?

Thank you so much.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
03/26/2021 10:07 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

There are two types of immediate liberation metformin and prolonged release, look at the prospect to see what is yours, for example I take it prolonged and take one in the morning and another at night

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
03/26/2021 6:26 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

@Alberto_13
I have already looked at it and I can't find anything.
It's Kern Pharma 1000mg.
He doesn't put anything ...

isabelbota
03/26/2021 6:30 p.m.

Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

According to the prospect, it can be taken in one, two or three doses, I believe that if they dose it in three times it can be to minimize side effects, but we are best consult the endocrine, but the endocrine not your friend: D

Alberto_13
03/26/2021 6:38 p.m.

@Alberto_13
It is hydrochloride, what is yours?

isabelbota
03/26/2021 6:41 p.m.

Yes, I take the same mark as you, but from 850, one in the morning and another at night

Alberto_13
03/26/2021 7:14 p.m.

@Alberto_13
That is why I ask in the forum, for not asking my friend, who will not know how to answer me.😂😂
Well, if we take the same, then nothing will happen to change tomorrow and night.
I do not notice practically side effects.
And out of curiosity, if you take the same as me ... in your prospectus puts some prolonged release?
Or have they told you?
I neither in the prospect nor in any search for Google I have managed to find anything about it.
And yes, in April that I go to the endocrine I will consult it anyway.But with your answer (you are just the one I expected to answer me 😋) I am calmer.
Thank you so much!

isabelbota
03/26/2021 7:22 p.m.

There is no reason to give them, and the prolonged liberation I have read several times, I think they are all except those who go with another oral antihyperglycemic, such as gliptins, come on my modest opinion

Alberto_13
03/26/2021 8:03 p.m.

So they have told my different doctors to divide them into several shots is for side effects to be minimized.
I of course, when I forget a shot for whatever, the "recovery" in the next one and I do not notice alteration in the glycemia, so vote more for the prolonged effect.
Now I take a cinfa of 850, the pills are larger, which is a fattening, but they feel better than Kern, sometimes they gave me nausea ...

anif's profile photo
anif
03/26/2021 10:35 p.m.

DM2 (2019)

Isabelbota said:
hello everyone.
Does anyone know if it is the same or varies a metformin in the morning, average at food and a half at dinner than to take one in the morning and one at dinner?
That is, I do not know if the effect of metformin is immediate or in the long term.
The story is that I was taking one, medium and a half.The inconvenience is that the average of the food was sometimes forgotten and when I realized it was already at dinner with what I could no longer take it.In addition, when you leave it, you know fatal.Then I've been taking a breakfast and one at dinner for a few days.
Will it be the same effect?
Thank you very much.

Metformin has side effects on some people, they fall badly in their stomach, it gives them diarrhea, stomach discomforts, etc.Many fall fatal.My mother -in -law for example had been sent (for other issues) and could never take it.

On the other hand, there is "normal" and metformin metformin "prolonged liberation"

By the way, waters!The endocrine once told me that the pills should not leave, because the medication is not distributed 50 and 50 in each half of the pill, that is, you can cut the pill and in one half there are 30% and in the other half 70%.

That is why there are presentations of 500, 750, 850, 1000 and there are in the 2 presentations, normal and prolonged release.

Another thing is that the schedule to take them is given by the doctor ... You can tell you to take it for breakfast, at food, at night, or before bedtime.I know an endocrine and I have seen that he sends it at several times depending on several factors, it depends on the type of diabetes and other aspects such as health, results of blood chemistry, etc. etc.

Something useful is to see the effect that the schedule and dose are having.It is suggested that for one or two weeks you review the glucose on an empty stomach and 2 hours after eating, also before going to bed and measure the glucosilada to see the average of the last 3 months.

matrix's profile photo
matrix
03/27/2021 6:28 a.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

@anif
Big the pills you take now? 😱😱😱
I cost my life to swallow these ...

Sometimes when I have forgotten the midday average at dinner I have taken it whole, but in the prospectus it does not take double dose if a shot is forgotten.
Thank you for the information, you also confirm that the distributing them in more shots is more than anything for the side effects, and that issue I get well.

isabelbota
03/27/2021 8:37 a.m.

@matrix
Thanks for your answer.
I had also read that the pills should not be left, so you say and because they carry a protective layer to get rid of where appropriate and cut them, you leave a side without the layer and they will get rid before ...
However, in the prospect, he says that the pills can be split and the doctor sends them to me in socks ...

I buy the freestyle and I have the issue of very controlled glycemia.The issue is that the influence of metformin does not see it, that is, when I have forgotten a shot, nothing has changed, so I supposed that the effect was not immediate, but I wanted to confar it.Because as I have already mentioned in the prospect of my metformin Kern Pharma 1000mg anywhere M says if it is immediate or prolonged.
Does it come in yours?

isabelbota
03/27/2021 8:45 a.m.

@isabelBota are horrible of greats, thankfully that I don't give me something to swallow pills because I know other people would have a bad time ...

Recovering forgotten doses ... I take 850 daily in 2 shots.The daily maximum dose of metformin I think is 3000 of normal and 5000 for extreme cases.

In my case, I have proven that it does not affect me, if for whatever I take 1275 daily.It is very rare the day I forget some take, but I recover them because I births the pills in the morning and to always follow that custom.

Moreover, they made me a small intervention a few weeks ago and in the preoperative speaking with the anesthetist, he told me “the morning of the operation do not take your half pill of metformin, then that same night you take an entire ...”, whichIt was what I had already thought of doing hehehe.

anif's profile photo
anif
03/27/2021 9:40 a.m.

DM2 (2019)

anif said:
@Isabelbota are horrible of greats, thankfully that I do not give me something to swallow pills because I know that other people would have a bad time ...

Recovering forgotten doses ... I take 850 daily in 2 shots.The daily maximum dose of metformin I think is 3000 of normal and 5000 for extreme cases.

In my case, I have proven that it does not affect me, if for whatever I take 1275 daily.It is very rare the day I forget some take, but I recover them because I births the pills in the morning and to always follow that custom.

Moreover, they made me a small intervention a few weeks ago and in the preoperative speaking with the anesthetist, he told me “the morning of the operation do not take your half pill of metformin, then that same night you take an entire ...”, whichIt was what I had already thought of doing hehehe.

It is correct, the metformin must be suspended when you enter Quirofano, in fact when the Czech internist everything for surgery, asks it from days before I believe ... I do not know if you have to suspend it on the same day or a few days before.

matrix's profile photo
matrix
03/27/2021 9:43 a.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

Isabelbota said:
@matrix
Thanks for your answer.
I had also read that the pills should not be left, so you say and because they carry a protective layer to get rid of where appropriate and cut them, you leave a side without the layer and they will get rid before ...
However, in the prospect, he says that the pills can be split and the doctor sends them to me in socks ...

I buy the freestyle and I have the issue of very controlled glycemia.The issue is that the influence of metformin does not see it, that is, when I have forgotten a shot, nothing has changed, so I supposed that the effect was not immediate, but I wanted to confar it.Because as I have already mentioned in the prospect of my metformin Kern Pharma 1000mg anywhere M says if it is immediate or prolonged.
In yours comes?

If the medicine instruction says that they can be cut in half, go ahead, it is because the medicine is proportional ... the endocrine has stressed many times not to do it and he is director of a maternity hospital and has all the experienceof the world.I believe that the pills that have the stripe in half is because they can be cut (I think so).

I have taken normal and prolonged liberation metformin.The prolonged release is warned in the box everywhere.

I didn't read if your diabetes is DB1 or DB2?

matrix's profile photo
matrix
03/27/2021 9:46 a.m.

@matrix

In April they do the tests.According to my header, I am type 2. According to the endocrine type 1.
I have ballots for both types.
On the one hand I have been addicted to sugar and I have mistreated my pancreas.
On the other I debuted with clear symptoms type 1: 16!of glyc, ketone bodies, weight loss, low cholesterol and I also have a type Brother1 that debuted with 26 years.I am not obese, weight 50 kg and I have no abdominal fat.

At the moment I am with slow insulin in the morning (which is what lowered my levels) and the commented metformin.And the freestyle (although it marks under my low) calculates a 5.2 glyc.
What is clear is that the treatment and life that I take for the moment (food and a lot of walking) is doing well.
Endo told me that there are type 1 diabetics treated with metformin.That the appropriate treatment is the one that goes well to the patient.
We will see what happens in April.

isabelbota
03/27/2021 9:58 a.m.

Isabelbota said:
@matrix

In April they do the tests.According to my header, I am type 2. According to the endocrine type 1.
I have ballots for both types.
On the one hand I have been addicted to sugar and I have mistreated my pancreas.
On the other I debuted with clear symptoms type 1: 16!of glyc, ketone bodies, weight loss, low cholesterol and I also have a type Brother1 that debuted with 26 years.I am not obese, weight 50 kg and I have no abdominal fat.

At the moment I am with slow insulin in the morning (which is what lowered my levels) and the commented metformin.And the freestyle (although it marks under my low) calculates a 5.2 glyc.
What is clear is that the treatment and life that I take for the moment (food and a lot of walking) is doing well.
Endo told me that there are type 1 diabetics treated with metformin.That the appropriate treatment is the one that goes well to the patient.
We will see what happens in April.

I am not an expert or anything but I have read a lot and I think it is type 1. because I have seen that type 2 normally develop insulin resistance / prediabetes and this causes some obesity, all this before it becomes DB2.

We will see in April as you are doing.I wish you the best from Mexico!

matrix's profile photo
matrix
03/27/2021 10:02 a.m.

@matrix
Thank you very much, equally.I will tell you.

isabelbota
03/27/2021 10:06 a.m.

Alberto_13 said:

That is true in countries like Mexico, in Spain there is 850 or 1000 mg, apart from mixtures with other medications, none of sustained release.
The tablets can leave for their slot, perhaps there is a difference between the 2 halves but is insignificant.
The idea is that after taking metformin it will increase the entry of glucose into the cells while staying active, then it is eliminated by the urine.It is better to take it when food is ingested so that the action is "fresh" but I do not see incorrect accumulate at breakfast and dinner.
@isabelbota I bet for type 1, in addition to this diabetes it is better to increase control even more uncomfortable, use oral antidiabetics for several years with high glycosylated is to buy ballots for the raffle of complications.

juanluis1957's profile photo
juanluis1957
03/28/2021 12:56 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Juanluis1957
I know it looks like type 1 but it is not yet known.
Anyway apart from metformin I get slow.And after the famous 16 of 16, when I went to endo, which had passed just under two months, another glyc and Di 7.5 made me.Taking into account that glyce is 3 months and had not passed 2, getting out of 16 to 7.5 is a very good sign.Apart as I have commented, the freestyle with measures of the last 84 days calculates a 5.2 glyc.
All this tells me to be the guy, the slow treatment with metformin, my current diet, and the exercise I do, I am great, with what I am now super calm.
I am aware that diabetes evolves and perhaps in the future I will need other treatments, but today, I have greatly improved.
Thanks for worrying.

isabelbota
03/28/2021 8:35 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.