Alba effect

tonicurtis's profile photo   04/12/2021 9:10 a.m.

Good morning to all, I would like to know if you have any practical advice on the dawn since for 6 months I suffer and the truth does not know how to solve it.Do you know if as it appeared to me, will it disappear?Apart from putting an additional dose at 5am (I am taking weight) or the insulin pump, you can give me some advice.I try to have vegetable and protein.
Thanks and a hug to all.

tonicurtis's profile photo
tonicurtis
04/12/2021 9:10 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Good, the alba effect is independent of what you eat, it is a hormonal process and the only way to alleviate it is with insulin or exercise.

If you use a bomb, I don't know if you can program that the dose increases in that time range ...

For example, with the change to Basal Toujeo that effect disappeared.

marine's profile photo
marine
04/12/2021 9:13 a.m.

According to Marine.If you use MCG, look that instead of an alba effect are not rebounds of nocturnal hypoglycemia.Regular physical exercise and adjust the basal can help.

Ignasi_p's profile photo
Ignasi_p
10/24/2023 11:53 p.m.

Abasaglar 25U (noche)
Novorapid 4/6/6 (y lo que caiga por enmedio)
Glicosilada (30/4/19): 6.5

@Tonicurtis, in adults it is easier for it because the slow one has no strength in the last stretch.It can be solved by increasing slow or changing to one that lasts more than 24 hours.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/25/2023 5:14 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Tonicurtis corrects the alba effect, or because you increase the basal programming in those hours or because when it works with closed loop she corrects it alone and takes you to range.

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
10/25/2023 11:08 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.