Duration of insulin

diabetikafenix's profile photo   03/26/2021 8:41 p.m.

Hello !How can I know what the novorapid lasts in my body?Because the duration of the action is 3 to 5h
But what is the exact duration ???3h?4h?5h?Are there any trick or method to know?Thank you

diabetikafenix's profile photo
diabetikafenix
03/26/2021 8:41 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Just looking at the control. It also depends on the dose, more dose more duration, but it is not mathematical.
You will see it little by little, although no day is the same.We approximate ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/26/2021 10:14 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Also of the carbohydrates that you eat is what lasts, so I understand.If you consume 80gr of carbohydrates and give yourself 3 units of insulin novorapid, that is the fast one, what you eat is last ... That is what I understand.

Patri_msa 's profile photo
Patri_msa
03/27/2021 1:57 a.m.

Diabetica T1 debut 2017. Tratamiento desde enero 2018.
Basal Nph y ajustes Novorapid.

patri_ms said:
also of the carbohydrates that you eat is what lasts, I understand.If you consume 80gr of carbohydrates and give yourself 3 units of insulin novorapid, that is the fast one, it lasts what you ingest ... that is what I understand.

The duration of insulin and the intake of hydrates has nothing to do, what is attempted to square is the action of insulin with the absorption of such hydrates.

marine's profile photo
marine
03/27/2021 7:11 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I don't think it's so easy, if we talk about a single intake, unique and continuous ... ok ... but and if it is intermittent?, Discontinuous, how can it be alternate, take snacks, the food of a restaurant that takesBetween dish and plate, a celebration, or simply eat in one place and take dessert in another, who does not happen to this frequently?

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
03/27/2021 9:49 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

It depends on each body, the time of the intake, of the menstrual cycle .....
In my case between 2 - 2.5 hours.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/28/2021 1:59 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.