Insulin change

AndreM's profile photo   04/16/2021 1:12 p.m.

Good morning everyone!

First, I don't know if there is any open topic in this matter but I would like to ask if there is someone who has changed the brand of the rapid insulin you use.

At the moment I have the 780g of Medtronic and I am great, but my question is with insulin.I use the novorapid and I notice that it takes for at least about 15-20 minutes to take effect.I have read that there is another rapid insulin type that, although it does not last so long, it takes much less to take effect.It's true?

I would like to talk to the next query with the endo but I have a friend who when they changed the rapid insulin type that used it fatal ... Then I have my head in a mess 😬 Thank you!

AndreM's profile photo
AndreM
04/16/2021 1:12 p.m.

MiniMed 780G
Guardian Connect 3
HbA1C 5.7% (Junio 2021) / 5.9% (Octubre 2021)

@Andrem

I also use Novorapid and the sensor I see that it takes time.It does not affect me, because I have already adjusted to their times and it works very well.

I think I remember comments on the insulin Fiasp in the forum, which is apparently faster.But someone also called her "fiasco."I imagine that some works better than others.

A few months ago the endocrine told me about another ultrarapid insulin available here, but I don't stay with the name!When I go in May I tell him to write the name on a paper.But I told him that I was not interested.If something works, especially in our case, to change it!

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
04/16/2021 2:31 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Hello my fast daughter carries Humalog and it goes great takes only 10 minutes to take effect and sometimes if you have it well 5 minutes

1985's profile photo
04/18/2021 12:10 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Andrem The fastest insulin is the FIASP.I have changed the novorapid for Fiasp.It is a little faster and in my case I have to put less units.As "inconvenience" telling you that you cannot mislead with the waiting time and if it gives you the downturn it costs more to overcome.

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
04/18/2021 6:59 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

Fiasp = fiasco.
I need more units, it takes the same as novorapid and lasts only 2 hours.No advantage.I returned to Novorapid.

The endocrine warned me, I would need more units than with Novorapid and the effect is less durable.In fact he puts it in the prospect.His action curve is less than Humalog or Novorapid.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
04/19/2021 8:33 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ricki21 said:
@Andrem The fastest insulin is the fiasp.I have changed the novorapid for Fiasp.It is a little faster and in my case I have to put less units.As "inconvenience" tell you that you cannot mislead with the waiting time and if it gives you the downturn it costs more to trace.

I will tell the endocrine when I see it.I think I could give Fiasp a chance.I see very different opinions, but the fact that I can compensate for the time that Novorapid takes for me to take effect.

AndreM's profile photo
AndreM
04/19/2021 12:47 p.m.

MiniMed 780G
Guardian Connect 3

Thank you all for your comments ..!As I said, I would like to see what the Fiasp effect is, in my case.
And another thing, you insulin changes (eg, if you change a novorapid to fiasp) are you immediately mixing?

AndreM's profile photo
AndreM
04/19/2021 12:49 p.m.

MiniMed 780G
Guardian Connect 3

@Andrem
I don't think it's a good idea to mix fast.Put another and in the food another.I don't think the endocrine recommends it.Especially for something very simple: it takes time to see if it works or not, and for that the best is constancy.If you want to change, do it, and after a while, if you don't work you, you tell the endocrine and come back.
I put the fast insulin (novorapid) of breakfast about 30m before and those of food and dinner about 15 m before, and that does not create any problem and because of what I see in the sensor in my case it works very well.And if the food has a lot of fat and protein, I put the insulin at the end.But that everyone has to try.It is proof and error.
All the best

jldiazdel
04/19/2021 1:46 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

jldiazdel said:
@Andrem
I don't think it's a good idea to mix fast.Put another and in the food another.I don't think the endocrine recommends it.Especially for something very simple: it takes time to see if it works or not, and for that the best is constancy.If you want to change, do it, and after a while, if you don't work you, you tell the endocrine and come back.
I put the fast insulin (novorapid) of breakfast about 30m before and those of food and dinner about 15 m before, and that does not create any problem and because of what I see in the sensor in my case it works very well.And if the food has a lot of fat and protein, I put the insulin at the end.But that everyone has to try.It is proof and error.
GREETING

I also think like this.But anyway, I will not be able to change insulin without the order of the endocrine, right?
I do not see it until June and it seems to me that going to the GP.

AndreM's profile photo
AndreM
04/19/2021 1:55 p.m.

MiniMed 780G
Guardian Connect 3

Of course, you can only change if your endocrine recommends it!You have to talk to him

jldiazdel
04/19/2021 1:57 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

I used both simultaneously.For breakfast Fiasp because that is when I make more peak, and novorapid the rest of meals.
You see the effect fast.
I have it guided, but I don't buy it.I asked the endo to try and as I said I saw no advantage.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
04/19/2021 11:05 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
fiasp = fiasco.
I need more units, it takes the same as novorapid and lasts only 2 hours.No advantage.I returned to Novorapid.

The endocrine warned me, I would need more units than with Novorapid and the effect is less durable.In fact he puts it in the prospect.His action curve is less than Humalog or Novorapid.

My endocrine (DR Antu belongs to the US Diabetes Research Commission) says that the Fiat is also a fiasco, I try it out of curiosity 2 months and it didn't work well, now Humalot goes from cinema enfr

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/25/2021 10:34 a.m.

I use FIASP for breakfast and for the rest of the Atorapid meals and I have no problem.I do not always get fiasp because I do well, and when something is going well I do not change.

@Andrem, if the header is appropriate to prescribe Fiasp can do it.Normally, for comfort they do not.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
04/25/2021 8:49 p.m.

Oh, I was great for the change from Novirapid to Fiasp ... Novorapid took a long time to act, sometimes more than 2 hours, so it was easy to go to corrections and come down.

Fiasp acts much faster, and I would say that I don't need so much.

morganeta's profile photo
morganeta
04/26/2021 9:08 p.m.

Diabética desde 2002
Tresiba y Fiasp

Hi @Andrem, my son changed the endocrine insulin last week, used Humalog Junior and changed it to Fiasp in all meals, without mixing them.Thanks to the sensor I have seen that in 10 minutes it is already taking effect, so when you are going to eat it is in 80 and peak - 90, I prefer that you start eating and at 15 minutes or so you puncture.We have taken a little outdated days because in some meals I did not succeed with the dose or with the waiting time, today it has already gone much better.What I have seen is that it needs less dose of insulin, for example at breakfast 7 units of Humalog was put and now puts 5 of Fiasp and is doing well.

elisa74's profile photo
elisa74
04/27/2021 12:04 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.