{'en': "I don't know if I have diabetes ... What do you think?", 'es': 'No sé si tengo diabetes... ¿que opinas?'} Image

I don't know if I have diabetes ... What do you think?

RG4life88's profile photo   08/15/2020 12:54 p.m.

Hello,

The other day being at my mother's house I saw her take the sugar and I told him to take it to me to see how, simply out of curiosity, I have to say that my parents are both diabetic, when she took it she left 119 to two hours from two hoursHaving had breakfast a ham sandwich with oil and coffee with milk with saccharin and had been gym and took a glutamine protein shake.

I do not know if that is normal, from there he gave me a little and yesterday I did the test on an empty stomach 4 times and came out 110, 104, 112 and 113, today, after having made a 70 km route yesterday byMountain with the bicycle arrived home at 6:00 p.m. and ate a grain plate of Noodles with Curry Red Coconut milk, chicken and vegetables apart from almost an entire snack, also Coca Cola Zero Zero and then an infusion ofRoibos with saccharin.

That this is another doubt, I do not know if the zero zero tail and the saccharin rises the sugar, well, that I just took the sugar and it has come out 117, so I do not know if I have prediabetes or what happens, I already have anywayAppointment for the doctor but they have given me for a week, in these last 3 years I have taken 40 kg for sedentary work etc,

I have always done a lotDiseases such as diabetes.

I hope someone can help me as the week passes for the doctor, also say that in a blood test that I made in December the sugar came out to 110 on an empty stomach.

Thanks for the attention and greetings.

RG4life88's profile photo
RG4life88
08/15/2020 12:54 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Rg4life88

If you had diabetes you would be losing weight quickly without doing anything! And you would be very thirsty.

So that you get an idea, when I realized that I lost a lot of weight for no reason and bought a glucometer and measures me on an empty stomach, 300 came out.

It's fine that you go to the endocrine.But it is clear that you have to lose weight.Not only because you could cause type 2 diabetes, but also because your liver can be suffering and have excess fat.An internist doctor with an ultrasound apparatus that measures the liver fat level, that is important!It depends a lot on the time you take excess weight.

You already know to lose weight The ideal combination is to control food (reduce fats and rapid absorption hydrates) and exercise.But food helps 70% or so and exercise the rest, helps reduce fat and create muscle, eat fat.But the base is food.Ah, it's not about diet.An error.But to change food habits.Eat based on what is spent.And it is best to lose weight gradually.No hurry.Constancy is the most important.And in three or four months you will see the results.But not in one or two weeks.I am sure that you know perfectly what you eat and you shouldn't.

If after four months of eating healthy, and depending on your activity you see that you do not lose weight, then if you can go to an endocrine to see if you have a thyroid problem.

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
08/15/2020 2:56 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@jldiazdel thanks for answering.I made a complete check in December 2019 and the liver was all correct, but triglycerides, cholesterol and urric acid came out a little high, since we stopped being quarantine and opened the gyms my routine is from Monday to FridayGym in the morning, I bought a bicycle and at least I leave two days in the week so I am giving it to stop, and I am trying to eat healthy foods, I am clear that this is not to diet, but as you say you have to haveA healthy lifestyle, you have to mentalize that the body has a limit and I have abused a lot of fats, garbage and sweet meals, but today I am aware that this path is not correct and therefore I have decided to change theHabits and today after 1 month and 20 days I have lost 6 kg simply leading a healthy lifestyle and practicing sports and thus will continue forever because I have recorded it on my mind.Our body is our car, and we have only one for a lifetime so you have to throw good oils and its good reviews hehe.

All the best!

RG4life88's profile photo
RG4life88
08/15/2020 5:34 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Rg4life88

Good !

I see that you are on the right track!Congratulations

Not everyone is aware.In a few months you will see the results.Be patient

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
08/15/2020 7:34 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@Rg4life88 you are going very well with the healthy diet and sport, well done!
The glucose levels you comment are symptom of type 2 prediabetes and you have done very well in starting the change of habits.Without a doubt, lose weight and sport will help you improve those levels, but from now on the best thing you can do is that an endocrine monitor you to prevent diabetes 2 from going more.
Many spirits in this new stage of healthy diet and sport that you already started.

Greetings

lydiab's profile photo
lydiab
08/25/2020 10:08 p.m.

Lydia
@Diabeteandosince1996
DT1 Desde 1996
Levemir + Humalog junior

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.