Fast food (hamburgers).A challenge

ignaciolorenzo's profile photo   04/19/2021 10:30 a.m.

Good morning.

I open this thread worried.I am 36 years old and almost 30 of experience.Hemoglobin in the words of my endocrine, good.But every time I take a hamburger I am almost 24 hours uncontrolled.

Yesterday I went to a hamburger.Instead put my 8-10 units.Fast, I put myself + 4, that is 14. Yesterday I spent the whole afternoon with 250 and I have dawned with 300.

What do you do if you want to hit a whim?Do you eat everything but a bread of the hamburger and leave bread and potatoes?

Thank you so much.

ignaciolorenzo's profile photo
ignaciolorenzo
04/19/2021 10:30 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello good!Well, who does not happen to when?Ha ha.To me, my doctor has always assured me that we must eat balanced, but not deprive ourselves of some whim, from time to time, whatever it is ...
I don't know if you use insulin pump or not.If you have it, check the dual and square bolus.Instead of giving all the dose in the principle of food, they are distributed uniformly to be able to accompany the absorption of HC (since we are talking about the fact that, being food with fat, the values ​​will rise when the effect endsof rapid insulin).
If you do not have a bomb, I would also try to divide the total insulin dose, putting 50 or 60% about 15 - 20 minutes before eating and the remaining 40% just when you finish eating.This worked with me when I did not use the pump ... but with this type of meals you do not miss that the values ​​are later out of range.

AndreM's profile photo
AndreM
04/19/2021 12:45 p.m.

MiniMed 780G
Guardian Connect 3
HbA1C 5.7% (Junio 2021) / 5.9% (Octubre 2021)

@ignaciolorenzo

I have much less experience than you.But we all give ourselves a whim.

The hamburger has a lot of fat and that delays digestion and in some there is what is called fat/protein units, but that is something you already know well, so you increased the rapid.

I expend myself from time to time, when I can go to Spain!, With the baked pig in Segovia.I love it.With a good wine etc. etc.But it is very complicated to handle with insulin.As I tell you @Andrem I put a little at the beginning and another at the end.And what works best for me is a good walk of about two hours to help digest fat and proteins.Before the basal increased the previous day in two units.But a good long walk after eating is, in my case, the best.And it works for me.

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
04/19/2021 2:13 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@jldiazdel It happens to me with the roast chicken or for example if ceno alitas de baked chicken ... that although it throws quite fat it does not matter ... from the 4h of digestion they begin to say hello what there are.

I think the best is what we do .... distribute the dose in 2 punctures.

marine's profile photo
marine
04/19/2021 5:10 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@ignaciolorenzo, sometimes I like a hamburger of Burger Grill.It is a brown beast of butter bread, meat, onion rings, BBQ sauce, ketchup and mahonesa.To finish, accompanied by fried potatoes and a good beer.Well, first I make sure to get much more than in rank, if possible around 75-80 mg/dl.The animal is good to first 9 units of Fiasp (that bread, that sugar of the sauce and the ketchup, those crispy patatitas, that rich beer ...) and when I finish eating another 3 units fall fixed.If I'm going to walk, something that I feel like a subcerus after that hamburge that criesmore unit (fried, fats, ♫ they are already aaaquíi ♫).
The truth is that a hamburger of these supposes me for her alone and her companions almost the same fast units as the total I put in a day for three meals, Peeeeeeeeeero is what there is.

Palomilla's profile photo
Palomilla
04/19/2021 9:09 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2018.
Toujeo y Fiasp.
Primero, Dexcom G4, luego, FreeStyle 2 (SS), ahora, Dexcom One (SS).

I replenish insulin every 2 hours, I put 6 starts and I control when the effect is passed, and I put 2 or 3 as I see me.I also try to do sports or walk.
Eye!Not only hamburgers, pizza, potato tortilla, roasts, sausages, chuleton ... Any forceful food exceeds the effect of insulin.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
04/19/2021 10:58 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

To me the lack of control is caused above all the pizza .. as you say, because of the fat it has, I go the following hours making several corrections (I go with insulin bolis).

morganeta's profile photo
morganeta
04/20/2021 2:37 p.m.

Diabética desde 2002
Tresiba y Fiasp

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.