Medtronic catheter problems

la_go's profile photo   08/15/2020 2:34 p.m.

Hello everyone, I am a Medtronic bomb user for 7 years, I started using the 9mm and they were doing well but after a while they began to fail, I have tried the obliques of 13mm and those evil, those of 17mm and not well, nowI use those of 6mm but I can only put them on my legs and every time I have changed, I have to wear several until one works, they do not even, nor do it give me a failure of infusion but when I remove them I get a lot of blood m I understand that it is becauseI take a capillary, I don't know if someone else happens and what you have done to find those who are doing well, Medtronic does not give me facilities to ask for another type ... Thank you all !!

la_go's profile photo
la_go
08/15/2020 2:34 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

But the catheter has to be prescribed by the doctor, right?
I use the 6 mm and all good.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
08/16/2020 1:27 a.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

I cannot put them on my legs because they bleed me a lot, I don't know why ... but always with bruises and insulin absorption problems.I am always obliquely in abdomen.

erpla's profile photo
erpla
08/16/2020 10:38 p.m.

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

I use the 6 mm, prescribed by the doctor.I always put them in the abdomen and I have never had problems with them.Very at the beginning of using the pump, I put them on my thighs and it is true that they made me bun, the nurse recommended not to do it in that area PQ I could interfere with insulin absorption, especially when walking or playing sports.
Greetings.

Via's profile photo
Via
11/03/2020 7:03 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.