"Recycled" diabetics

evarm's profile photo   04/23/2021 12:45 p.m.

Good morning, I am new in the forum and I would like to share my recent experience.
I have been with type 1 diabetes for 20 years in insulin treatment. Record the disease, they referred to the endocrine, who indicated the treatment to follow and also the diet that I should carry .. After a couple more visits and some visit some private private endocrine, the monitoring of the diabetes has been made to me by the GP through periodic analysis and adjustment of medicine occasionally.In January of last year, hemoglobin was very high, then the header was derived from the endocrine.This could not believe that after so many years I continued with the same type of insulin and that I had not gone to the endocrine ... practically, he told me that if the doctor did not send me ... I had to have requested it ...!!!I am not a doctor or understand of medicine so I do not think that I should request anything that I am not aware ...
Now and after the change of insulin, my diabetes is followed by the endocrine (a different one every time I go, ... so things are) and I feel a little bad because I have doubts that after so many years of diabetics I should know and yet nobodyIt has helped me about it ... solving these myself many times through the Internet .... In short, I feel like I had been in no man's land all these years ... now I also have the sensor that in my caseIt is a great help ... And thanks to forums and associations I am much more a day in knowledge that I should have acquired years ago but nobody told me how to do ...
In short, if someone is in a similar situation, ask or demand that it is the endocrine who follows the treatment as soon as possible ...

evarm's profile photo
evarm
04/23/2021 12:45 p.m.

Diabética tipo 1 durante 20 años, Apidra antes de comidas,Toujeo por la noche.Hipotiroidismo y coleresterol alto controlado.Freestyle2 desde octubre2020

Good @Evarm

I've been with DM type1 for 20 years

What treatment did you have ... and which one you have now?What doubts do you have?

marine's profile photo
marine
04/23/2021 12:53 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Marine ... Before I used Insulatard flexpen, tomorrow and night dose for 18 years!... now apidra (fast) guideline+extra units depending on what I will eat if necessary and at night Toujeo 25 units .. also take eutirox for hypothyroidism and crector for having high cholesterol ... my doubts are mainlyAbout food but I'm going to perform some workshops on carbohydrate and food counters that I hope and suppose they will help me a lot..😊

evarm's profile photo
evarm
04/23/2021 1:53 p.m.

Diabética tipo 1 durante 20 años, Apidra antes de comidas,Toujeo por la noche.Hipotiroidismo y coleresterol alto controlado.Freestyle2 desde octubre2020

@Evarm

That's very good!It's very good that you learn to count carbohydrates.And knowing those who enter more quickly.What kind of fat you should drink and proteins.

A book of food composition would be very good.But surely in the course they give you material and tables.I put a link to some widely used tables, maybe you have

Greetings and congratulations to resume control !!

Link

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
04/23/2021 2:59 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Thank you, I'm going to do the same because it happens to me and has not yet seen me the endocrine

Colt's profile photo
Colt
04/23/2021 4:57 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1 desde enero 2021.
Insulina Toujeo 10 u dia, Crestor 1 u dia.
A1C: 5,7 % Agosto 2021

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.