How many hypoglycemia can a diabetic person have a week or month?

unaconsultante's profile photo   08/18/2020 1:52 p.m.

Hello,

I am a couple of a diabetic man (he has type 1 diabetes - he debuted at age 14).We still do not live together, but when we have gone on a trip or on vacation and we slept together, I have taken some other scare , and I did not know this disease on this disease.That so far I had not had anyone in my family with type 1 diabetes, and I am discovering it little by little through my partner ...

I go to the grain;How many hypoglycemia can be considered "normal" a week, for example?
I imagine that it will depend on the person and how to carry their diabetes, but my partner has been having several hypoglycemia per week (I talk about values ​​between 30 to 50) ... it happens several times a week, is this normal?

The first time I stayed to sleep with him I remember that he got up with hypoglycemia, he didn't speak anything, I had some difficulty articulating words and thinking, and I got very nervous ... the first thing I did was prepare breakfast at the speed atFrom a ray to start eating as soon as possible and recovering ... Once breakfast he already returned to normal.

On another occasion we went on vacation, and when I got up for breakfast, about 9 in the morning I looked at him and I saw him convulsing ... My God, what was wrong, I lifted it because I was aware, but neither did I spoke or expressedNothing ... I was gone, it wasn't him ... I grabbed a piece of chocolate that we had in the fridge and gave it to him, he started to eat it slowly, very little by little, until in 15 minutes he recovered and became againhe...

This last weekend we went a couple of days to the beach and we also slept in an apartment, and the first night, but the second, at about 3 in the morning I noticed that I was convulsing and touched it and was sweating... My God, another hypoglycemia !!, I lifted it, I was aware, I told him that I was low sugar, that I had to take a juice and eat something ... and so it was, I gave him a chocolate yogurt and a juice,Because I noticed that it was very low, and while I did the sugar test and I was in 35 !!!

I spend so bad that I am afraid to sleep with him, because I am only thinking that I can enter hypoglycemia and not realize him or me, and that the consequences are to call Emergency ... I didn't know that this disease was like this and as far as I know, it has hypoglycemia every week, is it normal to go through several hypoglycemia per week?

Do you know if there are sensors for diabetics that let them know when they enter hypogecemia?With him ... I don't sleep from fear ...

unaconsultante's profile photo
unaconsultante
08/18/2020 1:52 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

unaconsultant said:
hello, Hello,

I am a couple of a diabetic man (he has type 1 diabetes - he debuted at age 14).We still do not live together, but when we have gone on a trip or on vacation and we slept together, I have taken some other scare , and I did not know this disease on this disease.That so far I had not had anyone in my family with type 1 diabetes, and I am discovering it little by little through my partner ...

I go to the grain;How many hypoglycemia can be considered "normal" a week, for example?
I imagine that it will depend on the person and how to carry their diabetes, but my partner has been having several hypoglycemia per week (I talk about values ​​between 30 to 50) ... it happens several times a week, is this normal?

The first time I stayed to sleep with him I remember that he got up with hypoglycemia, he didn't speak anything, I had some difficulty articulating words and thinking, and I got very nervous ... the first thing I did was prepare breakfast at the speed atFrom a ray to start eating as soon as possible and recovering ... Once breakfast he already returned to normal.

On another occasion we went on vacation, and when I got up for breakfast, about 9 in the morning I looked at him and I saw him convulsing ... My God, what was wrong, I lifted it because I was aware, but neither did I spoke or expressedNothing ... I was gone, it wasn't him ... I grabbed a piece of chocolate that we had in the fridge and gave it to him, he started to eat it slowly, very little by little, until in 15 minutes he recovered and became againhe...

This last weekend we went a couple of days to the beach and we also slept in an apartment, and the first night, but the second, at about 3 in the morning I noticed that I was convulsing and touched it and was sweating... My God, another hypoglycemia !!, I lifted it, I was aware, I told him that I was low sugar, that I had to take a juice and eat something ... and so it was, I gave him a chocolate yogurt and a juice,Because I noticed that it was very low, and while I did the sugar test and I was in 35 !!!

I spend so bad that I am afraid to sleep with him, because I am only thinking that I can enter hypoglycemia and not realize him or me, and that the consequences are to call Emergency ... I didn't know that this disease was like this and as far as I know, it has hypoglycemia every week, is it normal to go through several hypoglycemia per week?

Do you know if there are sensors for diabetics that let them know when they enter hypogecemia?With him ... I don't sleep from fear ...

Now free freeyle sensors 2 have come out, to measure themselves without having to puncture on the finger and with alarms.

DavidAG2000's profile photo
DavidAG2000
08/18/2020 4:45 p.m.

@unaconsultant

I should not have so many nocturnal hypoglycemia.It probably does not have well adjust the amount of slow insulin.

The best thing is to put a sensor.As Abbott's new one tell you, Freestyle Free 2, already has alarms.Although it is not a continuous monitor strictly, because you have to pass over whether reader or a mobile, the incorporation of alarms is a great advance.According to the Autonomous Community they give it free.But even though he has it to pay his pocket is an expense that is worth it.I think it can leave for just over100 euros per month.

If you have a budget, the best is the Dexcom G6 sensor.This is a real sensor.Send automatically by Bluetooth measurements every 5 m to the mobile and alarms work very well.In fact, last night I jumped because I was approaching 70, which is limit that I have put to avoid scares.

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
08/18/2020 5:09 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

If you have so many hypoglycemia, what you have to do is adjust the insulin doses well.
It is not normal to have so many.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
08/18/2020 6:21 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.