Ups and downs before meals

Patri's profile photo   08/23/2020 12:29 a.m.

Hello, to see if you can help me, the fact is that with pregnancy I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes so although I am already about to give birth and I have learned some things, I see that this is so changing that sometimes I despair.
A few weeks ago they made me the last modification in insulin since during these months I had to go to the endocrine every week to adjust the doses (upload or change the slow) because I created resistance in a few days, finally the last change in the endThe pregnancy has remained and it has gone well until a week ago and peak in which I now arrive at lunch quite low with some hypoglycemia and there are good days and others something low but not so much as in lunch.The case is k I have taken as a routine to make several measurements throughout the day between meals to see how I go in case I go down to take something, but what is leaving me hallucinated is that these two last nights and some other ones have happened to meK It turns out that I measure me at 20:30 since Ceno at 22:30 and I see how the thing is going and it is the value k do is exactly the same as I have at 22:30 and even one day he has one dayUpload some points, as it is possible that in two hours it is as is or up without doing anything, either eating, or anything ...?Today, I raised a little, click twice and gave two different values ​​somewhat lower on top, but yesterday the values ​​were not moved, which unravels the ranges that I have marked in gestational diabetes.Does anyone know why this can happen?And what solution could there be?I have thought about raising the slow k skewed in the morning that the doctor told me that it was the one that affected before the meals but since the lunch and the food arrived fair gives me a roll to see if because they arrive lower to theNight I'm going to mess with hypoglycemia.I have the feeling that in the afternoon I get stuck in some values ​​and there they stay but already K rise seems very strange, can you help me pfavor?Thank you in advance and forgive for Toston.

Patri's profile photo
Patri
08/23/2020 12:29 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

You have to modify the rapid insulin of food (noon).Slow insulin is well adjusted (it does not raise or leave, significantly, among meals).

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
08/23/2020 11:06 a.m.

@Patri

With gestational diabetes it is complicated TB.

As I tell you I would not touch the slow one, but to adjust the fast.But there are times that we have as files x, suddenly insulin is like that it does not take effect and then it works again.

That's why I follow the three -day standard.If in three days in a row, always eating the same carbohydrates I am left over or lack of insulin, then change.Otherwise, patience.

Ah wet the blood glucose just before eating and then around 3 hours later, when carbohydrates have already been absorbed and fast insulin ceases to take effect.

What is all very good !!

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
08/23/2020 11:45 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Mamarvazq said:
You have to modify the rapid insulin of food (noon).Slow insulin is well adjusted (it does not even upload or decrease between meals).

jldiazdel said:
@patri

With gestational diabetes it is complicated TB.

As I tell you I would not touch the slow one, but to adjust the fast.But there are times that we have as files x, suddenly insulin is like that it does not take effect and then it works again.

That's why I follow the three -day standard.If in three days in a row, always eating the same carbohydrates I am left over or lack of insulin, then change.Otherwise, patience.

Ah wet the blood glucose just before eating and then around 3 hours later, when carbohydrates have already been absorbed and fast insulin ceases to take effect.

What is all very good !!

Today it would be the third day if the same thing is happening before dinner is as if it is to leave for a certain time I would block me, the fact is that I make a snack in the afternoon in which I click 7 Novorapid units can be there can be therethe question?I mean perhaps should you upload 1 or 2 units in the snack?

Patri's profile photo
Patri
08/23/2020 3:19 p.m.

Yes, you have to modify that rapid insulin dose.What we cannot tell you is the quantity (1 or 2 units or whatever), since that depends on each person (insulin ratio at that time, quantity nutrients in the snack, waiting time, exercise, stress, ...).

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
08/23/2020 7:16 p.m.

Mamarvazq said:
Yes, you have to modify that rapid insulin dose.What we cannot tell you is the quantity (1 or 2 units or whatever), since that depends on each person (insulin ratio at that time, quantity nutrients in the snack, waiting time, exercise, stress, ...).

Well today I am going to see how I give and if I keep the same mñana I will go up one in one units, I hope it works.Thank you very much for the help of truth!

Patri's profile photo
Patri
08/23/2020 8:04 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.