Anyone from the United States who can help me?

Gomez De la Torre's profile photo   08/26/2020 6:12 p.m.

I am doing an investigation about how much a diabetic person spends a month in the United States, whether he pays all services and medications or paying safe.
The means found on the Internet I think they are a bit inflated and their contribution will help me get more critical numbers.
thanks to all

Gomez De la Torre's profile photo
Gomez De la Torre
08/26/2020 6:12 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

gomez de la torre said:
I am doing an investigation on how much a diabetic person spends per month in the United States, whether he pays all services and medications or who pays for sure.
The means found on the Internet I think they are a bit inflated and their contribution will help me get more critical numbers.
in advance thanks to all

I don't know much about that, but think that treatments in the US are not financed, and insulins, sensors, bombs, etc.All that costs a lot of money, so it does not surprise me that it costs an eye of the face to be diabetic there.

DavidAG2000's profile photo
DavidAG2000
08/26/2020 7:43 p.m.

It will depend on the medical insurance that the person has.There are some (very expensive) insurance that cover everything and others that cover according to what things ...

anif's profile photo
anif
08/26/2020 10:19 p.m.

DM2 (2019)

In the USA the medications are not subsidized, and there are no policies that cover them, that is, they all buy for their price, and insulin management is very expensive.Diabetics systematically use much lower doses than the guideline, to save, and that causes associated diseases that in some cases covers their own insurance.Therefore, in my view, your study has to be divided into these three blocks: cost of medication and management, execution of medical instructions and diseases derived from insufficient insulin administration.

Vampa's profile photo
Vampa
08/30/2020 11:07 a.m.

@Vampa, is your comment very interesting, could you expand it?
Insurance companies I understand that they give insulin and measurement bombs.This is so?
And the glucometers, reactive strips, lancetas and etc?
Insulins and glucagon?
Greetings.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
08/30/2020 11:34 a.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

Hello.Actually, I only have a pedestrian and personal knowledge of the matter, from personal relationships;Nothing that has studied.A diabetic is a chronic incurable and very expensive patient, with associated diseases and a medication of stratospheric costs, which is precisely the opposite of what no insurance is willing to pay.USA has an atomized clinical regime among insurance whose minimum cost for a young and healthy adult is in 200 dollars.This makes anyone assure a diabetic and that only those who have a lot of money can afford what is common here.As insurance are connected to a working life, if the debut occurs during the company, the diabetic is captive of the company forever.Those who have to fight with these expenses, simply consume less dose of everything, which tends to renal rhinopathies and failures.It is curious that in a forum, precisely this, the corrector indicates as a lack of spelling underlined the word "diabetic" red.

Vampa's profile photo
Vampa
08/30/2020 5:42 p.m.

I am Sudaca, so for me having access to free and quality health is a gift from heaven.
In most countries people work hard and save for the education of their children and health contingencies.
Of course, nothing is perfect, but it leaves me "thoughtful" when someone/ collective rant with the Spanish health system.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
09/01/2020 1:07 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.