Experiences with I-Port Advance in young children?

Jenni_Mel's profile photo   04/26/2021 9:48 a.m.

Hello everyone,
I have a 3 and a half year old daughter who debuted last year.At first, they told us that when he made a year of the debut, we would go to the bomb.
But in the visit of last week (just a year ago) they told us that at the moment no bomb why Covid are not doing the formations.The endocrine recommended the I-Port why each puncture is a struggle and kick, but doubts arise.

The first is to know if it is effective with low insulin doses.I have read that what is left in the cannula is minimal, but my girl uses small doses.The maximum are 3 fast in heavy meals.Normal are 1.5-2uds.Then we do not know if something would be on the road or it would be better to raise the dose.

And the other, the issue of the application of the I-Port.I have read that if they move, it is possible that it twists and does not work.Putting the Dexcom G6 is another fight and that is just giving the button, I am afraid that the mechanism takes more steps.Tricks to be still?Put it sleeping?

Who uses it with young children, do you recommend it?
Thank you!

Jenni_Mel's profile photo
Jenni_Mel
04/26/2021 9:48 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello, my daughter is 7 years old and has been using the Iport since her debut with 5 years.Our experience is very good and we have never had a problem with low insulin doses.
We put it in the upper gluteo that is what they recommended because in young and very thin children, in the gut can give it problems (this was told by Medtronic when we made the first order).We put it on when she is asleep and does not find out but the truth is that my daughter has a very deep dream.
With my daughter we only use it for the rapid because your endocrine is not in favor of also using it for slow.
The only paste that has for me is that my daughter is so restless that she is often hooked and starts it.
I recommend it, you save a lot of punctures and if as we can put it asleep, the girl will be delighted.
All the best

crisur's profile photo
crisur
04/28/2021 12:30 a.m.

crisur said:
Hello, my daughter is 7 years old and has been using the Iport since her debut with 5 years.Our experience is very good and we have never had a problem with low insulin doses.
We put it in the upper gluteo that is what they recommended because in young and very thin children, in the gut can give it problems (this was told by Medtronic when we made the first order).We put it on when she is asleep and does not find out but the truth is that my daughter has a very deep dream.
With my daughter we only use it for the rapid because your endocrine is not in favor of also using it for slow.
The only paste that has for me is that my daughter is so restless that she is often hooked and starts it.
I recommend it, you save a lot of punctures and if as we can put it asleep, the girl will be delighted.
GREETING

THANK YOU!

Jenni_Mel's profile photo
Jenni_Mel
04/28/2021 6:34 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.