What sensor do you advise me?

alez1983's profile photo   08/31/2020 8:37 p.m.

Well, they give me to choose ... I live in the Canary Islands and apparently, they give you the free style2 and the safe dexcom, I don't know if any more ... which one do they advise?

alez1983's profile photo
alez1983
08/31/2020 8:37 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It is a personal decision according to your needs.
Freestyle lasts 14 days, does not require calibration and does not include transmitter.
The Dexcom lasts between 7 and 10 days, requires calibrations in most versions and does include transmitter.
You decide and you choose.

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
08/31/2020 9:11 p.m.

alez1983 said:
because they give me to choose ... I live in the Canary Islands and apparently, they give you the free style2 and the safe dexcom, I do not know if any more ... which one whichdo they advise?

I am a free user, but I'm going to pass to Pump + Dexcom shortly.If you are looking for the Internet, you will realize that no one prefers the free against the Dexcom.In addition, you just have to compare prices ...

DavidAG2000's profile photo
DavidAG2000
08/31/2020 10:43 p.m.

@Davidag2000 Well I will be the first ... hahahaha.They gave me choosing last year, and I chose Dexcom since when they offered it to me there was no doubt that it was the best Peeeerooo ... I have been a free user for 3 years and I have come to try Free 2 with thePARCHADA APP and I have to say that I find it much more comfortable than the Dexcom.In my case I am carrying the G5, but I think that in October we will change to 6.

Dexcom:
- The Dexcom is much bigger and you have to calibrate it, which is sometimes good, sometimes not.
- The insertion is a bit more complex with the G5 than that of Free, but come on, it is not death.However, the G6 and the Free are not much difference, in G6 you squeeze a button and with the free squeeze down.
- It has an alarm at 50 that cannot be removed.
- As I have already commented, it is bigger.
- It lasts 7 days and you have to keep in mind that the "sticker" that Dexcom has is quite large and sometimes upset.

Free 2
- You have to make the appthlated app and it can be quite complex.There is also a risk that they can cancel/block that app, which is never known.
- The insertion is much easier than the G5, but the number of sites where you can officially take it is lower.
- It's smaller
- Last 14 days
- With the patching app you can modify all the alarms you want.
- The app, in my opinion, is much more complete in terms of data introduction (for example, in the free you can put slow, while in Dexcom no)

Ahhh!IMPORTANT!For now I have only claimed a Dexcom and they attended me very fast, the only thing that the form was a bit long.They sent me to the hospital and from the hospital they have not yet called me ... I will have to call me.However, with Abbott I have had many problems to claim.Most of the time they are put in "play balls" mode and ask you a lot of questions and you can throw yourself into 45 min.

I believe that the Dexcom will always be a better option for those who carry a bomb, since in a very short time we will begin to see many people using the IQ.

@alez1983 I hope I have helped you a little, despite what we tell you, the decision is yours and I suppose that you do not lose anything!

NiñaBurbuja's profile photo
NiñaBurbuja
09/01/2020 7:37 p.m.

T1 diagnosticada a los 24, tengo 31.
Además soy celiaca y con muchas alergias alimentarias, entre ellas profilina. Recientemente diagnosticada con hipotiroidismo también.

niñaburbuja said:
@davidag2000 because I will be the first ... hahahaha.They gave me choosing last year, and I chose Dexcom since when they offered it to me there was no doubt that it was the best Peeeerooo ... I have been a free user for 3 years and I have come to try Free 2 with thePARCHADA APP and I have to say that I find it much more comfortable than the Dexcom.In my case I am carrying the G5, but I think that in October we will change to 6.

Dexcom:
- The Dexcom is much bigger and you have to calibrate it, which is sometimes good, sometimes not.
- The insertion is a bit more complex with the G5 than that of Free, but come on, it is not death.However, the G6 and the Free are not much difference, in G6 you squeeze a button and with the free squeeze down.
- It has an alarm at 50 that cannot be removed.
- As I have already commented, it is bigger.
- It lasts 7 days and you have to keep in mind that the "sticker" that Dexcom has is quite large and sometimes upset.

Free 2
- You have to make the appthlated app and it can be quite complex.There is also a risk that they can cancel/block that app, which is never known.
- The insertion is much easier than the G5, but the number of sites where you can officially take it is lower.
- It's smaller
- Last 14 days
- With the patching app you can modify all the alarms you want.
- The app, in my opinion, is much more complete in terms of data introduction (for example, in the free you can put slow, while in Dexcom no)

I believe that the Dexcom will always be a better option for those who carry a bomb, since in a very short time we will begin to see many people using the IQ.

@alez1983 I hope I have helped you a little, despite what we say to you, the decision is yours and I suppose you do not lose anything!

I have not even used user of Dexcom G6, but a couple of things that I point out for previous research:

1. Dexcom G6 sensors officially last 10 days, no 7. On the other hand, although officially it is only 10 days, they can be restored to last more than 10 days, there are even people who last some more than a month.

2. The Dexcom G6 does not have to calibrate, just like free freestyle 2.

3. At the end of this year or early the next one will be the Dexcom G7, which will be a new revolution.On the other hand, for a "free freestyle 3" to arrive "there is still much more.

DavidAG2000
09/01/2020 7:44 p.m.

@alez1983

I have been ABBOTT user and now I use Dexcom G6.I would not hesitate for a second.DG6 is much superior to see.It is a real MCG and works very well.The truth is not comparable products

But everyone chooses whatever

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
09/01/2020 9:49 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Ah,
To avoid confusion

DG6 lasts 10 days and "accept" calibrations to improve its precision.Do not require them!I make one or two capillary checks the first day and introduce them to the app, I use an iPhone, I do not need any receiver, and thus improve its accuracy, but that's it.And the DG6 measurements automatically pass to the iPhone via Bluetooth and this one to the clock.And so I do sports safely.With different alarms during the day and night that your programs to your liking.Absolutely nothing to do with Abbott, I assure you.

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
09/01/2020 11:07 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

I see that an point is necessary: ​​in my previous entry, I speak of the G5 in general, except for the cases explicitly mentioned.

On the other hand, responding to @davidag2000 the G7 is very good, but probably that will take me to smell/taste it much more.

It is true that officially the Free 2 is not an MCG, however, you can already hack the app to make it continuous, exactly the same as the G5.

I can't think of the G6 because I haven't tried it yet, I talk about what I know and I have been able to experience.

NiñaBurbuja's profile photo
NiñaBurbuja
09/03/2020 6:35 p.m.

T1 diagnosticada a los 24, tengo 31.
Además soy celiaca y con muchas alergias alimentarias, entre ellas profilina. Recientemente diagnosticada con hipotiroidismo también.

Hello, I fully agree with what they commented before regarding the advantages of the Dexcom G6 over the free.Apart, as they have said, one is really a continuous meter and the other is on demand (unless Miao Miao).
I have a son of now 17 years old and we are from Argentina, used the Free for approximately 1, and we had to stop using it for skin reactions.And we saw each other in the need to use the Dexcom, although here it is not marketed and of all the setbacks that involves bringing them from Europe.We have been with Dexcom for more than a year.I can tell you that if although supposedly the Free does not cause reactions, and I got it for free in my country, I would continue to do our best to get the Dexcom G6 of Europe, with all the setbacks and expenses that it implies;That gives them an idea of ​​what opinion I have in the comparison of one and the other.Eye, if Miao is already finalized, then the differences decrease a bit, since they make it a continuous meter;But having the possibility of choosing, and that they give it to you for free, I would not hesitate for a second to choose the Dexcom G6.

gerardd's profile photo
gerardd
09/06/2020 4:34 p.m.

Gerardd said:
Hello, I fully agree with what they commented before with respect to the advantages of the Dexcom G6 over the free.Apart, as they have said, one is really a continuous meter and the other is on demand (unless Miao Miao).
I have a son of now 17 years old and we are from Argentina, used the Free for approximately 1, and we had to stop using it for skin reactions.And we saw each other in the need to use the Dexcom, although here it is not marketed and of all the setbacks that involves bringing them from Europe.We have been with Dexcom for more than a year.I can tell you that if although supposedly the Free does not cause reactions, and I got it for free in my country, I would continue to do our best to get the Dexcom G6 of Europe, with all the setbacks and expenses that it implies;That gives them an idea of ​​what opinion I have in the comparison of one and the other.Eye, if Miao is already finalized, then the differences decrease a bit, since they make it a continuous meter;But having the possibility of choosing, and that they give it to you for free, I would not hesitate for a second to choose the Dexcom G6.

Exactly, that's why I want to change Dexcom soon.I have already requested the change and have granted it to me.

DavidAG2000
09/06/2020 6:42 p.m.

alez1983 said:
because they give me to choose ... I live in the Canary Islands and apparently, they give you the free style2 and the safe dexcom, I do not know if any more ... which one whichdo they advise?

Hello.
I also live in the Canary Islands, and I was directly offered by the Dexcom G6.Specifically because of the characteristics of my diabetes (neuroglucopenia) and because I control my diet.
I do not know any other patient who uses a lower version of Dexcom (in my hospital).
I am facilitated by the sensors for three months (three boxes with 3 sensors each), and with respect to the transmitter they provide it from the same hospital from the moment that the message of next expiration gives me.
For problems with a sensor or transmitter, I directly call the laboratory (which has served me in almost all cases very quickly) that sends me the replacement for messenger to my home.

Greetings.

Dasswich's profile photo
Dasswich
09/06/2020 7:24 p.m.

@Sswich I am from Tenerife, I belong to Santa Cruz, you?

alez1983's profile photo
alez1983
09/06/2020 7:32 p.m.

alez1983 said:
@dasswich I am from Tenerife, I belong to Santa Cruz, you?

I am from Fuerteventura.I suppose that each health area will have its protocols, but they should not differ much from each other.
I also have the insulin pump approved but since I have approved it is not connected to the DEXCOM, my endocrine has advised me to continue as I am right now (without a pump and with the MGC).

In the Health Area of ​​Fuerteventura so that the meter can be given, you must first go through the approval of your endocrine and then by the assessment of the diabetes control nurse.Once prescribed by the two professionals, it depends on the approval of the committee in the capital islands.
I guess for you, this whole process will be easier to reside in one of the capital islands.

Luck.

Dasswich's profile photo
Dasswich
09/06/2020 9:17 p.m.

I hope yes, the bomb the truth is not very funny to be connected all day with the catheter.But the meter yes, because he performed a lot of cycling and on top of the waiter in a place where you have to fly.So I would be quieter, let's see if I'm lucky.Thank you so much

alez1983's profile photo
alez1983
09/07/2020 12:19 a.m.

Free2 is not mgc instead, Dexcom yes ...
I speak from my experience, Free stopped buying it because I was super bad, 50-100 deviations from capillary, with Dexcom the sky opened because I was very accurate (even lengthening it beyond the 15 days).Now with the 670g I have the Guardian 3 but I am not as accurate as Dexcom.
CONCLUSION: I would go for Dexcom without thinking but each one is a world and not all sensors go as good to everyone.

macarron_con_diabetes's profile photo
macarron_con_diabetes
09/13/2020 9:13 a.m.

DM1 desde Julio 1992 (con 11 años).
Bomba Medtronic 780G con Novorapid.
HbA1c: 5,9% (Octubre 2022), TIR 91%

Good afternoon, my son has dexcom G6 for a week.The Nightcout application in XDrip+
Since he moves away from the mobile, he loses the signal, but then when he approaches he does not recover it automatically, he must update the application.Is there any way to detect the SENSOR again without having to update in the Movil?

MayteJorge's profile photo
MayteJorge
10/01/2020 2:56 p.m.

Maytejorge said:
good afternoon, my son has dexcom G6 for a week.The Nightcout application in XDrip+
Since he moves away from the mobile, he loses the signal, but then when he approaches he does not recover it automatically, he must update the application.There is some way to detect the. Sensor without having to update in the.

XDRIP+ is not necessary with Dexcom G6.

DavidAG2000
04/07/2024 2:44 p.m.

I join thread to ask doubts.I have entered the Dexcom page and several devices appear, it catches my attention that 6 and 7 appear as suitable for DT1, if what they do is a continuous glucose measurement because they are not the same for DT2?Then, the rest of the devices (One, One+ and Clarity) are older or previous versions?I miss a comparison of all on their page.Thank you so much

mkthyl's profile photo
mkthyl
04/07/2024 4:38 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.