Rare Attacks in Values

Juliad's profile photo   05/07/2021 9:52 p.m.

Good night: it is the first time I participate, I am 60 years old and type 2 diabetes, I take three pills a metformin day.I had not detected it before because I think I get along, I have not gone from the 6.7 glycosylated since I started with the subject, many years ago, but these days that I am controlling the values ​​in intense plan.The fact is that they have begun to medicate the tension and the other day I was bad, stomach discomfort, nausea and reluctant, I took the tension (I was fine), and as I had my glucometer next door I looked at him and had 80,We went out with something in a hurry, we walk about 20 minutes and then returned home by car.Upon arriving, I had risen to 240, I never remember those values.All this without eating anything.The 80s was two and a half hours after eating, and then the rebound went down without eating anything, but I drink water.In the following days, I think the postprandial did not arrive any day at 140, except a day that went down to 87 and then went up to 120 all on an empty stomach.Today we have taken an intense 50 -minute walk, and when I got home I had 157, without eating anything.I do not understand well that it is happening.I was doing soft exercise during this year of confinement and I also sat very well at the glucose levels that descended to a glycosilada of 5.7 and left it for two silly accidents that I had, I do not get fat practically, I am stable kilo top kilo, but all this has occurred when I controlled with food and I began to lose weight and exercise again.Today has especially baffled me a lot, although I think they are not too worrying values.

Juliad's profile photo
Juliad
05/07/2021 9:52 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello,@juliad, it is weird that after walking it has risen you, but, if they go down again, they are not worrying values.
You will have to continue with medical reviews, where glycosilada will give the key to the treatment to follow.
Make fasting controls, which are also important to adjust the treatment.

Greetings.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/08/2021 7:05 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thanks Regina,

Juliad's profile photo
Juliad
05/08/2021 7:22 a.m.

@Juliad

So you read your type 2 diabetes, you walk, sport and eat well and control.Brilliant.It may be that it is affecting the medication of the tension.If it is punctual, do not give more importance.I call it files X. The important thing is to control that it is not repeated.If it happens you more times, talk to your doctor and check the side effects of the medication for voltage.
All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
05/08/2021 11:04 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

The intestinal gastro discomfort is surely metformin, if it happens to you, but consult it with your endo to change it
The high values ​​after the exercise is that it depends on the intensity you can convert from Aerobic

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
05/08/2021 11:58 a.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

juliad said:
good night: it is the first time I participate, I am 60 years old and type 2 diabetes, I take three pills a day of metformin.I had not detected it before because I think I get along, I have not gone from the 6.7 glycosylated since I started with the subject, many years ago, but these days that I am controlling the values ​​in intense plan.The fact is that they have begun to medicate the tension and the other day I was bad, stomach discomfort, nausea and reluctant, I took the tension (I was fine), and as I had my glucometer next door I looked at him and had 80,We went out with something in a hurry, we walk about 20 minutes and then returned home by car.Upon arriving, I had risen to 240, I never remember those values.All this without eating anything.The 80s was two and a half hours after eating, and then the rebound went down without eating anything, but I drink water.In the following days, I think the postprandial did not arrive any day at 140, except a day that went down to 87 and then went up to 120 all on an empty stomach.Today we have taken an intense 50 -minute walk, and when I got home I had 157, without eating anything.I do not understand well that it is happening.I was doing soft exercise during this year of confinement and I also sat very well at the glucose levels that descended to a glycosilada of 5.7 and left it for two silly accidents that I had, I do not get fat practically, I am stable kilo top kilo, but all this has occurred when I controlled with food and I began to lose weight and exercise again.Today has especially baffled me a lot, although I think they are not too worrying values.

hello.The metformines you take as much as they are?Are they every 8 hours?Are they "normal" or prolonged release?There is metformin that is released all suddenly, and there is prolonged release that "releases" an initial dose and the rest is slowly releasing.With the latter, better control is carried, but it is the doctor who determines whether it is better normal or prolonged release.Apart from the glucosilada, it would be good to see on an empty stomach (8 to 12 hours after dinner) to see the values ​​in the morning.It is rare that with 3 metformines you arrived at 240 at some point.Apparently you carry good control and exercise is helping you.The values ​​do not see them worrying, especially for the glucosilada, but if my doctor sees me 240 glucose, without a doubt I would change or adjust something.I want to emphasize that I have heard that sometimes, you have to adjust the dose of metformin or send it together with another medication ... for example, there are currently medications that mix metformin with other types of medicines to eliminate part of the sugar through the urine ...(Example: Xigduo XR).I have seen treatments where 3 daily metformines go down one take every 12 hours, but one of them carries an additional component or changes the metformin for a higher (for example 750 by 850 or 1000) but of prolonged release.

matrix's profile photo
matrix
05/09/2021 9:40 a.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

Hi: And thank you very much to those who have answered me.I take three metformin pills of 850, it is a generic, so I suppose it will be the simplest.My header takes me, and I only saw an endocrine to tell me that I looked well controlled after showing him several analytics.I have a request with my header and an endocrine doctor, but with this situation the appointments are always lengthened.I am taking these days, until I go to my doctor, the measures of glucose at different times: on an empty stomach, the postpondrial, after exercising, before dinner, ... in the revision of the last analytics he told me thatI lost weight, although I have not fattened with the confinement and that I would exercise again, I would review in three months to see how the glycosilad.Like the one he did, but I was very soft, I was much better the day I did.Anyway I will tell you what they have told me when they see me.

Juliad's profile photo
Juliad
05/09/2021 6:40 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.