{'en': 'Upload just after breakfast', 'es': 'Subidón justo después de desayunar'} Image

Upload just after breakfast

Jgo's profile photo   09/04/2020 9:45 a.m.

Hello,

I have recently put free freestyle 2 and I am following the glucose after eating to see if the insulin does the effect well.

The issue is that in the morning it always gives me (after half an hour of breakfast) some somewhat high levels 150-200 mg/dl.

Is this considered normal, or should those peaks not have?

Thank you so much!

Jgo's profile photo
Jgo
09/04/2020 9:45 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

jgo said:
hello, I have recently put free freestyle 2 and I am following the glucose after eating to see if the insulin does the effect well.The issue is that in the morning it always gives me (after half an hour of breakfast) some somewhat high levels 150-200 mg/dl.Is this normal, or should those peaks not have?

It always happens to me.After getting up, I always get the sugar.

DavidAG2000's profile photo
DavidAG2000
09/04/2020 3:08 p.m.

I at the breakfast soil need some more insulin than in the rest of the meals.It is a matter of adjusting the units.With free now you know.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
09/04/2020 3:18 p.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

@Jgo

They are not very high peaks.They taught me that what is around 180 after a meal is reasonable.The theme, and that is the most important thing, is that it goes down and that after 2 or 3 hours are between 120-100.

To avoid the high peaks, I put insulin 15 - 20 m before eating.That usually helps to synchronize the action of insulin with the absorption of carbohydrates.But sometimes it makes high mountains in the graph.The important thing is that the beak lasts little and that it returns quickly to normal

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
09/04/2020 6:27 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

It is the advantage of the meters, you see how your body and insulin behave.
I put the insulin 1 hour before breakfast to match the effect of the medication with the absorption of food, in food with 10 min is enough and in the dinners, in the middle of the intake.
In the morning more time is needed due to insulin resistance.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/05/2020 3:50 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

jgo said:
hello, I have recently put free freestyle 2 and I am following the glucose after eating to see if the insulin does the effect well.The issue is that in the morning it always gives me (after half an hour of breakfast) some somewhat high levels 150-200 mg/dl.Is this normal, or should those peaks not have?

In the mornings it usually rises more, and another thing is milk, that glucose raises you a lot.As they tell you in other answers, it is a matter of adjusting the breakfast bolus so that it does not pass from 180 and then do not make hypo.

Cristóbal Cortés's profile photo
Cristóbal Cortés
09/06/2020 2:05 p.m.

Because the milk uploads the glucose much, does not have a low Ig?Freestyle free 2 and I am following the glucose after eating to see if the insulin does the effect well.The issue is that in the morning it always gives me (after half an hour of breakfast) some somewhat high levels 150-200 mg/dl.Is this normal, or should those peaks not have?

In the mornings it usually rises more, and another thing is milk, that glucose raises you a lot.As they tell you in other answers, it is a matter of adjusting the breakfast bolus so that it does not pass from 180 and then do not make hypo.

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
09/12/2020 12:17 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

It is complicated.The IG is sometimes a bit "misleading."One thing is the glycemic index and another, which is what interests us, the glycemic load.Even though it has a low IG, when taking a high amount, 200 ml in a glass of normal milk, the real load is higher.In addition to being liquid, it is digested very quickly, especially if it is half -navigated.It serves me to quickly recover from a descent.If it is whole milk, it enters more slowly through fat.

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
09/12/2020 12:36 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

I Breakfast Soy Milk Light Alpro with 0% Fiber Colaca.I don't even shed.More light impossible.When there are no 0% fiber in the Colacao supermarket and I buy my normal 0% rise and I have to prick.

S2

eldani's profile photo
eldani
09/14/2020 12:35 p.m.

Thank you

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
09/15/2020 12:08 a.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.