{'en': 'New with free freestyle 2 ... many doubts', 'es': 'Nueva con FreeStyle Libre 2... muchas dudas'} Image

New with free freestyle 2 ... many doubts

Viki's profile photo   05/10/2021 7:53 p.m.

Hello everyone!

I am Viki, new in the forum, and I would like to know your opinion and recent experiences with the Freestyle Free Free Glucose Meter 2. Today they have provided it to me in my specialty center on Quintana Street (Argüelles area, Madrid) andI am saturated with information and doubts and needed to learn more about him.I explain my case a bit ... I have enough lipodystrophy in both arms, the result of many punctures in that area, and that's why my first sensor has placed me on the back of it.My first doubt is:

Do you use it in another place other than the arm?Where does it work better?

Throughout the day I am measuring my glucose with the sensor and with my usual glucose meter (One Touch Select Plus Flex) and I find enough difference between them (between 20-30 units or even 47).I do not know if someone else from the forum uses my same glucose meter brand, One Touch, and if you also observe a large difference between them.So far I have always believed that One Touch gave me accurate measurements and now I don't know whether to suspect this brand or Abott.

Would it be more correct to use the Abott meter (the same brand after all as the sensor) before One Touch for comparisons between a regular sensor and meter?

Another issue is the time of delay that has the measure of interstitial glucose with respect to the capillary ... How many minutes do you consider to leave between one and the other to compare them?I have tried to measure myself with my usual glucometer and let 15 minutes pass (as the nurse told me this morning) to see if the sensor measure coincided with that other but gave me big differences, as I explained above, so notI know if perhaps 15 minutes is a lot (since I have even read from other sources 5 minutes).

Anyway, knowing how you develop with him.I know that the most precise measure is what we do on the finger, and that the freestyle is like a guide to see your trends to the discharge or the low but I expected some more coincidence of results between sensor and meter, I give you an example: I just jumped a low glycemia alarm in the sensor and when I passed it has marked me 79, but when using the One Touch meter I marked 112. What do you do in situations like that?

I know that these days I will occur to me many more questions but I think these are my first observations and perhaps more people in the forum feel identified.I would like to read everyone.

Thanks for your time and many greetings!:)

Viki's profile photo
Viki
05/10/2021 7:53 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome to the forum @viki,

If you are looking for the forum, there are already open threads on this subject, I answer your doubts anyway ..

-It are more areas in addition to the arm, such as central high zone of the thigh or high buttock zone.

-I have found sensors that until 72h have not started to go fine, the normal thing is 24h so have it in
It also has in mind that the margin of error can be 20%.

-Distintas glucometer brands in my view point does not matter, if it is true that if you call Abbot and ask you
contrast capillary glycems will want them to be with the same reader.

-When the blood glucose is in a variable process .. either exercise ... either for having eaten .. etc ... there may be a gap between the capillary and the sensor as the nurse told you and that 10min lag will beconstant while the variability persists, so it is recommended to check with a capillary for example in case of hip.

The sensor I think that everything at the beginning thinks that it is the panacea and then we see that it is not so, that there is still a way to go.

Things you are going to find ...

-When it gives you a temperature contrast will give you erroneous readings, see a shower p.e
-When you sleep if you rely on the sensor the same thing marks you lower than it should (pisa phenomenon)
-The official app is quite shabby and many of us have installed apps to make a continuous meter and see it in
Real time with Diabox or XDrip (more complete, but more difficult to install).

marine's profile photo
marine
05/10/2021 8:04 p.m.

There is an open thread of this.
The free both free 1 and 2 are not exact and vary greatly.
You can find deviations from 20mg/GL in the low thresholds, from 60 to 90, and 10mg/dl in the high thresholds, from 160 to more than 200.

The interesting thing is the arrows of trends.

Before a strange mean, do not hesitate, the capillary is the one who rules.

They were also given in Quintana but without talks for being ancient user and the only thing that the nurse told me was the insertion zone but I have taken them in the buttock for 5 years.

If you fail, which is usual, you have to take them to Quintana the sensor and the box where the serial and lot number comes.When they give them to your health center, then to the center.They change them to others.

For lipodystrophic the anti -cellulithic cream is going well and the area changes, for example, on the sides of the waist.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/10/2021 9:57 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I have been with the sensor for two months and although it is evident that it is a magnificent tool for the control of our diabetes, it is also true that, especially at firstYou will have.It is easy to obsess and even make erroneous decisions for not knowing how to handle this information.After all this time I am still in adaptation period, both with the sensor, and with my diabetes, because although I have been in the "business" for me for many years, the sensor has meant a new debut.There is almost nothing that does the same as he did three months.Do not hesitate to ask all the doubts you have, that many are going to be.For me it has been essential to be my doubts to colleagues who have been with the sensor for some time and have gone through all the experiences that I am happening.I don't know what would have been of me without them, really.I give you an example, I flipe with the sensor variableContinuous measurement that they tell you, they scared me.Asked I came to the conclusion that it was normal but that I had a mismatch in the slow one, that little by little I am correcting.Now I am realizing that I have the mismatch in the fast one, and in correcting it I am too.That is why I tell you that it has been a new debut, but although psychologically it is not easy, in the long term it is good for the control of the disease.
As for the differences with the glucometer, unless they are very large, do not obsess with them.Look more at trends, and when making decisions, as they tell you, always the glucometer, never take, and especially at the beginning a decision based on the sensor values.
I am mutualist and have not given me any kind of formation regarding the sensor, and that is why it has still been more psychologically complicated, I think that in social security they form more, but anyway do not hesitate to ask.Sometimes who can help you the most is who has gone through similar experiences to yours.Cheer up.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/11/2021 9:59 a.m.

:)

fer1803 said:
I have beento be very careful in how the entire alluvion of new information that you will have is processed.It is easy to obsess and even make erroneous decisions for not knowing how to handle this information.After all this time I am still in adaptation period, both with the sensor, and with my diabetes, because although I have been in the "business" for me for many years, the sensor has meant a new debut.There is almost nothing that does the same as he did three months.Do not hesitate to ask all the doubts you have, that many are going to be.For me it has been essential to be my doubts to colleagues who have been with the sensor for some time and have gone through all the experiences that I am happening.I don't know what would have been of me without them, really.I give you an example, I flipe with the sensor variableContinuous measurement that they tell you, they scared me.Asked I came to the conclusion that it was normal but that I had a mismatch in the slow one, that little by little I am correcting.Now I am realizing that I have the mismatch in the fast one, and in correcting it I am too.That is why I tell you that it has been a new debut, but although psychologically it is not easy, in the long term it is good for the control of the disease.
As for the differences with the glucometer, unless they are very large, do not obsess with them.Look more at trends, and when making decisions, as they tell you, always the glucometer, never take, and especially at the beginning a decision based on the sensor values.
I am mutualist and have not given me any kind of formation regarding the sensor, and that is why it has still been more psychologically complicated, I think that in social security they form more, but anyway do not hesitate to ask.Sometimes who can help you the most is who has gone through similar experiences to yours.Encouragement.

Thank you very much to respond and yes, Fer1803, you have given completely on the nail with everything you have said, I agree with how it makes me feel all this now.In my case, the nurse gave me a kind of explanatory talk of 1 hour but when I told her if she spent a while I would have to return for more formation, to value the data obtained with the freestyle to know how to interpret them, etc., she told me thatThat was all.I do not think something like that came badly but thanks to places like this forum we can share all our experiences and get things clear.Greetings to everyone :)

Viki's profile photo
Viki
05/11/2021 1:04 p.m.

viki said:
:)
fer1803 said:
I have been two and a half months with the sensor and although it is evident that it is a magnificent tool for controlFrom our diabetes it is also true that, especially at the beginning you have to be very careful in how the entire alluvion of new information that you will have is processed.It is easy to obsess and even make erroneous decisions for not knowing how to handle this information.After all this time I am still in adaptation period, both with the sensor, and with my diabetes, because although I have been in the "business" for me for many years, the sensor has meant a new debut.There is almost nothing that does the same as he did three months.Do not hesitate to ask all the doubts you have, that many are going to be.For me it has been essential to be my doubts to colleagues who have been with the sensor for some time and have gone through all the experiences that I am happening.I don't know what would have been of me without them, really.I give you an example, I flipe with the sensor variableContinuous measurement that they tell you, they scared me.Asked I came to the conclusion that it was normal but that I had a mismatch in the slow one, that little by little I am correcting.Now I am realizing that I have the mismatch in the fast one, and in correcting it I am too.That is why I tell you that it has been a new debut, but although psychologically it is not easy, in the long term it is good for the control of the disease.
I am mutualist and have not given me any kind of formation regarding the sensor, and that is why it has still been more psychologically complicated, I think that in social security they form more, but anyway do not hesitate to ask.Sometimes who can help you the most is who has gone through similar experiences to yours.Encouragement.

Thank you very much to respond and yes, Fer1803, you have given completely on the nail with everything you have said, I agree with how it makes me feel all this now.In my case, the nurse gave me a kind of explanatory talk of 1 hour but when I told her if she spent a while I would have to return for more formation, to value the data obtained with the freestyle to know how to interpret them, etc., she told me thatThat was all.I do not think something like that came badly but thanks to places like this forum we can share all our experiences and get things clear.Greetings to everyone :)

Don't cut yourself to ask everything you want, really.I understand how you feel because I have passed and I am going through the same thing and it has helped me a lot to have the support of other colleagues.

DiabetesForo
05/11/2021 8:06 p.m.

@VIKI Good afternoon.I use Xdrip and the Patched app, and when I see that there is a lot of difference between the sensor and the glucometer I go to OOP2+XDRIP.I summarize:

The patching app passes the data to XDrip and from there to your clock and the application that handles the insulin pump (if you use it).There are two ways to patch it, in one of them the upload of data to Libreview continues and in the other not, it depends on whether you need the data to reach your doctor or not.You can calibrate the sensor in a range of -40/+20.

With Oop2+XDrip you no longer need FreeLink anything but to activate the sensor, then forget.XDRIP collects the sensor data by Bluetooth and Oop2 descendates them, and you can calibrate without any limit.Of course, the data is also sent to your clock and the pump app. important , once you use this option you can't go back with that sensor, the patching app will no longer receive readings until you start a new sensor.On the other hand, in this way you can use the sensor 12 more hours.Although 14 days have passed the sensor continues to transmit for 12 more hours and XDRIP continues to receive readings, so even if you use the patching app you can go to OOP2 when you see the sensor and stretch it a little.

Patching the application takes a little time but it is not difficult.It seems that Merchedm happens to you (I don't know which one, if the one that uploads the data to Libreview or the one that does not).Anyway, if you want to patch it I help you.It is not available because LibreLink is from Abbott and cannot be modified.

Link

OOP2 and XDRIP are discharged and installed without problems.

It's a lot of information, any questions tell me.

Antonio200's profile photo
Antonio200
05/11/2021 9:29 p.m.

Thanks for the info @Antonio200 but my mobile does not have NFC, so I do not have the option to download the freestyle app and I only use the Abott reader.I have no idea if it is more reliable to use the mobile or reader but for now it is my only option (I cannot change my mobile) and I handle almost better than with the mobile, which I do not always take it by hand or use it with data except exceptAt home with Wifi.
To say that today is the second day that I use it and I have noticed an improvement in the measurements ... I understand that it needs a few hours to give reliable data but that makes me think that perhaps the same happens when the sensor is about to reach its end date(14 days).Do you notice that it fails more towards the end of the 14 days?
I also just created account in Libreview, I have connected the meter and, although it is also a world of graphics, looking a little above it is complete, it looks good.

Viki's profile photo
Viki
05/11/2021 10:06 p.m.

Antonio200 said:
@viki good afternoon.I use Xdrip and the Patched app, and when I see that there is a lot of difference between the sensor and the glucometer I go to OOP2+XDRIP.I summarize:

The patching app passes the data to XDrip and from there to your clock and the application that handles the insulin pump (if you use it).There are two ways to patch it, in one of them the upload of data to Libreview continues and in the other not, it depends on whether you need the data to reach your doctor or not.You can calibrate the sensor in a range of -40/+20.

With Oop2+XDrip you no longer need FreeLink anything but to activate the sensor, then forget.XDRIP collects the sensor data by Bluetooth and Oop2 descendates them, and you can calibrate without any limit.Of course, the data is also sent to your clock and the pump app. important , once you use this option you can't go back with that sensor, the patching app will no longer receive readings until you start a new sensor.On the other hand, in this way you can use the sensor 12 more hours.Although 14 days have passed the sensor continues to transmit for 12 more hours and XDRIP continues to receive readings, so even if you use the patching app you can go to OOP2 when you see the sensor and stretch it a little.

Patching the application takes a little time but it is not difficult.It seems that Merchedm happens to you (I don't know which one, if the one that uploads the data to Libreview or the one that does not).Anyway, if you want to patch it I help you.It is not available because LibreLink is from Abbott and cannot be modified.

Link

OOP2 and XDRIP are discharged and installed without problems.

It's a lot of information, any questions tell me.

To activate the sensor and to send the readings to Libreview and the Endo right?

DiabetesForo
05/11/2021 10:18 p.m.

Yes, to activate the sensor you need LibreLink, either the original or the patch.To send the readings to the doctor too, of course.You can use OOP2 and read the sensor with LibreLink every 8 hours to have the readings, which stops working are the alarms, the sensor connects by Bluetooth to xDrip, not freelink.

Antonio200's profile photo
Antonio200
05/11/2021 11:48 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.