Keto diet

Cdb1's profile photo   05/12/2021 9:10 a.m.

Hi there!!
I tell you my case to see for situations/circumstances of life I can not access health services for a problem that I have with the health card that I am already fixing it but of course there is also the bureaucracy and at the moment I am very scarce of needles I onlyThere are 2 so my next query is yes in the Keto diet it is necessary to put insulin!I was informing myself yesterday and the amount of HC used for the dietaketo is 50gr that is only 1Rhc in the table of the Diabetes Foundation comes the quantities this is only until my situation is fixed
See if there is any here do dietaketo and can help me and give advice thank you very much

Cdb1's profile photo
Cdb1
05/12/2021 9:10 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello good,

Making Keto does not imply stopping insulin.Fats consumed and proteins also have processes that end up becoming glucose.

You will continue needing basal insulin and what you will reduce to a large extent will be the rapids.

marine's profile photo
marine
05/12/2021 9:53 a.m.

The needles that I use of 31 and 5mm cost € 8.60 per 100 units, each needle comes out at 0.086, I do not think it is a reason or excuse to leave the treatment, by the way to the Mutualists MUFACE it does not cover them

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
05/12/2021 1:37 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

@Alberto_13 In the pharmacy they cannot sell me anything because I do not leave registered in the system I have already tried in several pharmacies and they have told me the same.
In the ambulatory they cannot facilitate the diabetic material because of the problem that I have said that the strips bought them by Amazon.

Cdb1's profile photo
Cdb1
05/12/2021 2:46 p.m.

If you live in Madrid I can provide you with a box of needles of 0.25x8mm

Antonio200's profile photo
Antonio200
05/12/2021 3:19 p.m.

Antonio200 said:
If you live in Madrid I can provide you with a box of 0.25x8mm needles

No, I'm sorry I'm below Desperros, but thank you very much

Alberto_13
05/12/2021 3:33 p.m.

cdb1 said:
@alberto_13 In the pharmacy they cannot sell me anything why I do not leave registered in the system I have already tried in several pharmacies and they have told me the same.
In the ambulatory they cannot facilitate the diabetic material because of the problem that I have said that the strips bought them by Amazon.

In the pharmacy the only thing that will not sell you without a recipe is insulin, but these are achieved to emergency with any report you have and that you say that you have a hyper, hypo, or ketoacidosis, any doctor of any specialty can make recipesof insulin, even telling that you do not have "papers", calm or calm, go to the emergency room

Alberto_13
05/12/2021 3:35 p.m.

alberto_13 said:
Antonio200 said:

Alberto, maybe the offer was for CDB1 😉

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
05/12/2021 4:03 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

@CDB1 You can buy needles in the pharmacy without a recipe.

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
05/12/2021 5:05 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

Isabelbota said:
alberto_13 said:
Antonio200 said:
Antonio200 said:
If you live in Madrid I can provide you with some box of needles of0.25x8mm

Wow, for something that were going to give me ......: '(:' (: '((

Alberto_13
05/12/2021 5:18 p.m.

Isabelbota said:
alberto_13 said:
Antonio200 said:
Antonio200 said:
If you live in Madrid I can provide you with some box of needles of0.25x8mm

Wow, for something that were going to give me ......: '(:' (: '((

Alberto_13
05/12/2021 5:18 p.m.

alberto_13 said:
Isabelbota said:
alberto_13 said:
alberto_13 said:
Antonio200 said:
Antonio200 said:
Antonio200 said:
Antonio200 said:

Wow, for something they were going to give me ......: '(:' (: '(

What do you want me to give you, man?.Don't dislike, I send you some strips ... 😂😂😂

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
05/12/2021 11:09 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Needles can be bought without a recipe, I have bought even in parapharmacies online that go better price.And in the pharmacy they would pay them to sell them, what they will not give them is financed if you are not in social security.
And as for the Keto diet you can never leave insulin, if you don't get insulin, you enter ketoacidosis.The body continues to produce glucose even if you do not eat it and need at least the slow to cover that.And then meals although there are few HC also need insulin in most cases because protein and fat also needs insulin.You will need much less but the number of punctures will be similar.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
05/13/2021 7:25 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

I am understanding that the basal must be put by telling the dose of fast you get during the day?And if in the food you get between 200gr or more of prot+greas you need UGP doses but when I start doing dietaketo I will put me between 130/140gr of prot+grs so I will not need a dose of UGP
The UGP is present in hamburger pizzas ... What I am going to get is going to be chicken/turkey and grilled oil without oil.Vegetables/vegetables in small quantity and HC also in small quantity

I also understand that acetooacedosis can be eliminated through urine and breath but are there any remedies to part of those?

I already state admitted by acetooacedosis and what they recommend is to make Mediterranean diet.

Cdb1's profile photo
Cdb1
05/13/2021 11:04 a.m.

@Cdb1 I think you have some mess ...

Basal insulin is put to meet the body's own needs for the simple fact of being alive.It has nothing to do with intake.

The fact that you have had ketoacidosis indicates that you have precisely done this badly, have high glycemia values ​​due to lack of insulin.

And you don't have to mix ketone bodies with ketoacidosis that are two different things.People who wear a Keto diet also put insulin.

marine's profile photo
marine
05/13/2021 11:23 a.m.

@CDB1

As the basal tells you, it is regulated differently.To know more or less how many units you need, you can do the following.Put the basal at night or afternoon.Before going to bed, get a blood glucose control.You point it out.ATE is supposed to lie around 120. When you get up on an empty stomach again.And do it so followed for three days.If you always get up very high of blood glucose, about 180, it means that you have to increase the basal in one or two doses.And you do the same procedure three days.So until you get up more or less at close levels of blood glucose to how you got lying down.At low levels.The closer to 100, the better.

Fast insulin you put it depending on the carbohydrates q commas and you can also count the fat protein units (UGP) but only if you take a lot.If you take a 120 gr chicken fillet I would not tell it on UGP.But if you are informed to take cheese, then yes, but you have in mind that the fat will upload the glycemia too late, sometimes up to three hours after a meal, because the digestion of the carbohydrates delays.But it is only for excess fat and protein.If you eat normal, only carbohydrates.

If you make very low carbohydrate diet and you are always in your glycemia range, you will never have ketoacedosis.You can have more ketones but nothing to worry about.But if you are very high of glycemia a long time then.But that is a problem that has nothing to see with the low carbohydrate diet but with bad diabetes control

I hope it is useful and buy needles !!

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
05/13/2021 11:57 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

I have bought needles in pharmacies in Andalusia without problems, I forget them on a trip and cost me the box of 100 units of € 20, faces, but given the need .... it is what there is.€ 8.60 in parapharmacampoamor.com:

https: // parapharmacampoamor.com/es/165125-BD-Aguja-Para-Plumas-31G-025x5-MM-100-DUDS.HTML? GCLID = CJWKCAJWNPOEBHA0EIWA609RESPMOF6G7BB1EyQ92TEQQDNZTV3QQ2QNHYN4ZMANWAWAWAWAWAWA D_bwe

Insulin you always need.Part of proteins and fats become carbohydrates, and the basal is always necessary to live;Our body releases carbohydrates when it suits it and the basal is the one that metabolizes them to take advantage of them as energy.

Eye with the Keto diet !!!Fats and excess protein will rise to you at approximately 3 hours from the effect of the rapid;Or you repeat fast or exercise before the climb to compensate for it.

With the Keto diet you will need less insulin, but you cannot completely eliminate it.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/13/2021 12:38 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.