High glycemia when getting up

Plinio's profile photo   04/10/2021 3:55 p.m.

Friends my health desires for all, I am new in the forum.
I am an insulino dependent (fast actrapid in breakfast, lunch and food and slow insult before sleeping), I am 54 yearsI have injected slow insulin (Insulatard), I am waking up in 144 (8), which I could do to avoid that rise during sleep or dose is recommended.

Thanks and nice day for everyone.

Plinio's profile photo
Plinio
04/10/2021 3:55 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It is clear
If you don't get slow, you wake up high blood glucose.
I don't know why you have decided not to get the slow one.Do you recommend your endocrine?
You can reduce the slow dose if you are afraid of hypos.Remember you have to try to get up more or less as you lie down.But you should not take off the slow on your own.Keep in mind that slow is very important for the day.AND
It will help you better regulate fast insulin and avoid peaks.Do not do that of not putting the slow one!

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
04/10/2021 6:11 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Is that going from getting slow to not putting it seems very radical.If putting it (we do not know your dose) you get up low, it is a matter of reducing it, little by little, not to go to nothing.It reduces something for 3 days and depending on the results continues to test.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
04/10/2021 8 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Plinio said:
friends my health desires for all, I am new in the forum.
I am an insulino dependent (fast actrapid in breakfast, lunch and food and slow insult before sleeping), I am 54 yearsI have injected slow insulin (Insulatard), I am waking up in 144 (8), which I could do to avoid that rise during sleep or dose is recommended.

Thanks and nice day for everyone.

As you have already told you, I think it is aggressive and unwanted so as soon as I remove the slow one, unless your doctor has sent it to you.I believe (I am not a doctor) that the same and instead of eliminating it all, you can try with a different dose ... but ideally you ask your endocrine.

matrix's profile photo
matrix
04/11/2021 10:09 a.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

Thank you friends, in fact I had it in 5.6 before bed and inject 6 units that apparently were not enough since I woke up in the morning with 7.5, today I am similar I intend to upload the dose to 8 units, in these times it is complicatedVisiting the endocrine, it is a lot of risk to go outside or go to the hospital.

I reiterate thanks for the attention.
A big hug.

Plinio's profile photo
Plinio
04/12/2021 3:01 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.