Gestational diabetes, diet but with low sugar values

Littleele's profile photo   09/26/2020 8:32 a.m.

Good morning.I am pregnant of 33 weeks.When I made the long glucose curve I got to the limit (only 1 of the values ​​and only a little above) and they sent me to repeat it by obtaining a similar result so the doctor decided to put on the gestational diabetes diet and carry glucose controlBefore and two hours after breakfast, food and dinner.The fact is that with the diet that told me, fulfilling it 100 percent my values ​​are low (between 60 and 70, although I have no dizziness) especially after breakfast, before the food and before dinner (and the values ​​two hoursAfter the main meals they never go from 110).I have changed my breakfasts, lunches and snacks by putting more hydrates and proteins (I spend the day eating) but the result is similar, a little higher but many days is still below 70. The doctor sees me every 15 days so I stillThere is a week left to see me, I have increased more than a kilo in a week but I still don't control glucose.Any advice?

Littleele's profile photo
Littleele
09/26/2020 8:32 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I recommend that you tell your doctor.
If you still have doubts, ask in this thread:
Link
Look at more people.
Meanwhile (until your doctor sees you), eat more than quantity in each intake (do not jump the diet much, but you are not so strict).

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
09/26/2020 11:06 a.m.

Hello, good morning, I have the glucose test and came to 250 the midwife told me that I had gestational diabetes and I send me a diet and an appointment with the endocrine also sent me to measure my sugar before breakfast an hour later and so with the 3Food times I am very scared I do not want to have diabetes I do not know how to cope

Isa93's profile photo
Isa93
10/25/2020 11:32 a.m.

Indeed, you need insulin.

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
10/25/2020 11:37 a.m.

@Isa93

Don't worry.That type of diabetes usually lasts pregnancy time.Insulin will in fact allow you to have a pregnancy as normal as possible and that everything goes well.

It is important that you do the controls that have indicated and write down all the values.I would do additional blood glucose control at three hours of each meal.And I would write it down.The sooner you go to the endocrine much better

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
10/25/2020 11:52 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

If I am carrying a control but every time I see that I get high I get nervous and the endocrine they have to call me but I do not think that it takes a long time. The problem is that I have to panic to have to prick me insulin and since I said it I am scared

Isa93's profile photo
Isa93
10/25/2020 11:55 a.m.

@Isa93

I understand you, but think about it in this other way: what should give you panic would be to be able to be able to insulin, because that would mean putting your life and your baby's.

When you put insulin, if the endocrine tells you, think that that will keep your baby alive.And you too!That maybe it helps you take off your panic.

Insulin punctures do not hurt.Technology has improved a lot and you won't notice anything.You can put the insulin in the culete, and I assure you that you will not feel anything at all.

Greetings and encouragement

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
10/25/2020 12:43 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

If I have no choice but to capture it and relax thank you very much for the encouragement the truth that helps me a lot to know that I am not the only one that many women in the same situation that it llo

Isa93's profile photo
Isa93
10/25/2020 12:57 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.