{'en': 'Long trips and insulin ...', 'es': 'Viajes largos e insulina...'} Image

Long trips and insulin ...

Jgo's profile photo   10/12/2020 3:13 p.m.

If I made a trip of a few months and keep the insulin in cold wallets ... would it endure well?

Or yes or yes it has to be below 8ºC.Thanks and the more info.better!🙌

Thank you!!!

Jgo's profile photo
Jgo
10/12/2020 3:13 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Ufff In principle cold portfolios are a "temporary" apaño of a few hours to get out of home when it's very hot.The bolis have an approximate duration, out of the fridge, of a month, but if we talk about months, they are not prepared for that because at the moment the cold chain is broken to go to room temperature, again to cool ...They can spoil.

macarron_con_diabetes's profile photo
macarron_con_diabetes
10/12/2020 5:58 p.m.

DM1 desde Julio 1992 (con 11 años).
Bomba Medtronic 780G con Novorapid.
HbA1c: 5,9% (Octubre 2022), TIR 91%

I would not use cold bags for several months.I think it's how they tell you for a few hours and for the insulin of that month.

Perhaps an option is buying a small transportation of transport that can be loaded with battery / electricity.But the truth is that I can't recommend any.That situation has not yet been raised

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
10/12/2020 6:25 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Link

That is a video that snows about trips and diabetes I hope it serves you

pollxander's profile photo
pollxander
10/20/2020 2:24 a.m.

canal:https://youtube.com/user/tumedicodecabecera?sub_confirmation=1

Good, I am from Argentina and I am planning to do a hotel internship in Spain that lasts at least 6 months, but I still did not find a company that allows me to transport my insulin from Argentina to Spain more specifically the Canary Islands, if anyone knowsSome means or company that works with such shipments would appreciate it.

Onua's profile photo
Onua
12/19/2023 1:03 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Onua, it is exclusively insulin what you are using and spare 1 or 2 vials in a cold bag in hand luggage.

When you arrive in Spain, register where you are going to live and thus assign you a health center, where the doctor will prescribe the insulin to buy it in pharmacy.Here are subsidized by Social Security (the Spanish Universal Health System)
You do not have to make Argentina to Spain.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/19/2023 6:18 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.