{'en': 'Sensor and pool or spa', 'es': 'Sensor y piscina o SPA'} Image

Sensor and pool or spa

Ricki21's profile photo   04/17/2021 10 p.m.

I carry the free freestyle 2 for a month and a half.

My question is: can I get into the pool of a spa?

Do I have to protect it in some way?

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
04/17/2021 10 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

ricki21 said:
I have free freestyle 2 for a month and a half.My question is: can I get into the pool of a spa?I have to protect it in some way?

No, I did it and there is no problem.No protection is needed.

Of course, every 30 minutes let the sensor dry until it puts it again, for security.Since its official "protection" is half an hour.

DavidAG2000's profile photo
DavidAG2000
04/17/2021 10:41 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Ricki21

There are many ways to protect the sensor.You can put a waterproof kinesio tape and on top of the sensor you put an aposty so when you take the tape do not pull the sensor.But if you are little time, it is not necessary.But if it is a spa and the water is hot, be careful.I would be without protection no more than 15 m.Heat can make the sensor take off ahead of time.

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
04/18/2021 12:49 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Thanks for your comments

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
04/18/2021 1:53 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

@Ricki21
My brother has been carrying the freestyle for a long time.He told me that you can bathe but never immerse it to more than 1 meter.That the only time he forgot and went from the subway the sensor died.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
04/18/2021 10:16 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

I have had the problems on the beach, with the strength of the waves and when you are in the pool and you throw yourself with force (natural consequence) is that the sensor takes off

The problem of time, I have not had it.
Kinesio's tape does its effect, I would not forget, exert strength against water when it comes to the pool

thank you
greetings

Pablus's profile photo
Pablus
05/03/2021 5:47 a.m.

Wow, I wanted to buy it to go to the pool to give it hard and have some control of sugar ... it seems that it would not endure much.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
04/12/2023 5:22 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

With Fixomull you will cost you to take it off when it has been exhausted.It is trimmed to the size of the sensor without covering the center:
Link

Antonio200's profile photo
Antonio200
04/12/2023 5:39 p.m.

I swim for several times a week for about 45 minutes and nothing happens to them, nor does I feel especially or anything ... and then I go to the shower.I wear a bracelet but more than anything because I can hook or something.

javiertierno's profile photo
javiertierno
04/13/2023 7:30 a.m.

I also swim 45 minutes.I carry it in the buttock covered by the swimsuit, so I do not have to put any adhesive tape to cover it that seems like a fattening.He has never taken off or stop working.I have also bathed in the sea without problems.
After exercise I get in the sauna for 7 or 8 minutes and when leaving, cold water shower and has not gone crazy with those temperature changes.
At first he carried him in his arm and covered it with tape that they use in physiotherapy.At 3 days the tape was super shabby and I did not dare to remove it in case I took the sensor with her.When I played his left arm, he was giving him all the solazo (in summer) and gave me very high readings.I also brushed me with everything: the bag, the backpack, the doors frames ... and I could not sleep on the side of the sensor because I pyped hypoglycemia.
Thanks to this forum I learned that it can be put in other areas and for me, the upper part of the buttock is the best.It is always covered with clothes, it does not give it the sun, it is very difficult to touch something (although not impossible, I have ever found a table or the back of a chair) and, being on a larger surface, notIt crushes so much or gives low readings when you sleep on it.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
04/13/2023 9:17 a.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

I am the crazy one of the spas.They crash me and I did not risk not protecting the sensor because the first time I took the free with heat.
The Fixomull is fine but I discovered by chance that Social Security underwater tagaderm, at least in Andalusia.
And they are great, in size and price when subsidized by the SAS.
The problem is that they give me allergy if I leave them many days, so I cover the sensor with a gauze or even a paper after the spa (or beach or pool) can remove the tagaderm without taking my sensor.

rosanriv's profile photo
rosanriv
04/16/2023 11:09 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.