For the ladas or type 2. How much bread do you eat per day?How many carbohydrates?

smartinez's profile photo   04/20/2021 8:15 a.m.

I would like to know how much bread you eat per day.If you take bread when you eat another type of carbohydrates and if you count the carbohydrates or that is only for those who use insulin.
Thank you

smartinez's profile photo
smartinez
04/20/2021 8:15 a.m.

Diabetes LADA desde febrero 2021
Última glico 6,1 el 23/11/23
Toujeo 10 ud

There is no minimum amount of hydrates that must be eaten, each person will have to do based on their personal case how many eat.If you do not use insulin, try to adjust the amounts of hydrates so that it does not rise after eating.
On a nutritional level, bread practically does not contribute anything, but if you like it and do not raise you, it eats what you consider.Of course, as sources of hydrates, vegetables, fruits, tubers and vegetables are much better nutritionally than cereals but that is already a personal choice.
In my case I am type 1 with insulin and as very few hydrates.Not like bread or any cereal and tubers and legumes very occasionally small quantities.My HC sources are basically vegetables and some fruit, nuts, yogurts and cheeses (some do not have HC but others do).Fruit as some but normally the ones that have the least HC as the red fruits and the rest small pieces or halves.I follow a very low food in hydrates because it is the best to carry good control.But here each one has to do based on their particular case.It is great and I like to eat protein and fat than hydrates.
The most important thing is that you maintain glucose within normal to avoid complications in the future and have no nutritional deficiencies, within that you can eat whatever you want.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
04/20/2021 3:48 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Of course we count the rations of carbohydrates!That is very important.I take about 7 daily portions now.Most are fruits, vegetables and yogurt.In general, I only take two toast of whole wheat bread in the meal, and it is already.

In addition to everything that has told you Yesics: Don't forget to move !!Exercise, walk, whatever, but move every day.Healthy and balanced eating and sport are our base.

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
04/20/2021 4:06 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@Yessica_a @jldiazdel thanks for your advice.I am still one of those who think that hydrates are only in bread, pasta, potatoes and rice and ...... I see that I have to catch up more up to date, JJJJ.I just left an uncultured, hahaha.

smartinez
04/20/2021 5:13 p.m.

Toujeo 10 ud

@Smartinez

At all!The uncultured is the Q asks or has no interest.
You learn little by little.
There are books about food composition and on the Internet there is a lot of information.The only thing is that on the Internet there is also a lot of wrong information and sometimes it is not easy to distinguish.I am more from ancient school and I bought food composition books for a long time.But I understand that they are not easy to "digest"

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
04/20/2021 6:10 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

I do try to limit it because glucose raises me like foam.I once do not (still understand anything, and I think that doctors either), but what I said, I try not to go from, at most (and if it, that I do not always, luckily I have never been panera) of about 2 servings (approximately 40g of bread).Sometimes like pasta or rice, but I try to cooled before and heat it (I get less, why I don't know, because there are times that I don't get it in the fridge and get less than just done the same), legumesYes, as, in fact, alternate, one day timing, another meat/fish (plus the first that the second, I recognize it) grilled.And dinner, normally iron.I have prohibited vegetables at the moment because they feel bad, at least until summer I can not try to eat again, and if I remain the same, they will derive me to digestive (that is, as a year to find out why my intestine does not likenow the vegetables)

cgs's profile photo
cgs
04/20/2021 9:48 p.m.

Diagnosticada de DM en enero de 2019, con tres generaciones (yo sería la cuarta) de diabéticos tipo 1 en la familia
En principio DM2 por resistencia a la insulina asociada a SOP (sin tener en cuenta los antecedentes familiares)
De momento, solo con Forxiga y Rybelsus (7mg) por la mañana
La glucosa hace lo que le da la gana
Ultimas Hemos: 7,2 (26/12/2023); 6,7 (12/2/2023, al mes de empezar con Rybelsus 3mg)
Última hemo: 6

@Smartinez asking is how you learn, we have all been in your situation so don't worry.

Here are very complete Tables of the HC that have the majority of food:

Link

Over time many things learn to count them by eye.Those who have little HC as vegetables can be easy by eye because a little more or less it does not barely difference.For things with enough HC it is best to weigh it whenever you can.The fruits can start weighing them and over time you already calculate well depending on the size.And food with label because what I tell you in the table of nutritional values.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
04/21/2021 9:11 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Yesssica_a said:
@smartinez asking is how you learn, we have all been in your situation so don't worry.

Here are very complete Tables of the HC that have the majority of food:

Link

Over time many things learn to count them by eye.Those who have little HC as vegetables can be easy by eye because a little more or less it does not barely difference.For things with enough HC it is best to weigh it whenever you can.The fruits can start weighing them and over time you already calculate well depending on the size.And food with label because what I tell you in the table of nutritional values.

Thanks for the table, even if I look at her and sound like Chinese, hahaha.I have a new world ahead to learn.

smartinez
04/21/2021 5:38 p.m.

Toujeo 10 ud

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.