Sudden casualties with the lantus

crodielo22's profile photo   10/30/2020 1:15 a.m.

Hello good,
I don't know if someone else in the group will have happened to him, but I've been crazy for a few months and not even doctors and endocrine know what to do now.

The question is that I punctuate the lantus after eating and for a few months, it happens to me that when I click on the lantus (some sporadic days) it begins to take a brutal effect and start lowering my sugar at huge levels, I can get to30 or even less, I have to drink juices and eat like a madman so that later I bounce a thousand demons.

I don't know if someone else happens.

Thank you very much and I wait for your answers!

crodielo22's profile photo
crodielo22
10/30/2020 1:15 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Where do you click?In the buttock is the best site, so that it is absorbed more slowly, the gut is absorbed very fast.

Anyway you wake up very fair and you may have to lower the dose.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/30/2020 6:09 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Yesterday I click on the belly.
I have to say that I am a thin person and I puncture with needles of 5.
It really is desperate.
Today I will try to click on the buttock (I have never done it).Let's see if I finally find a logical solution ...

crodielo22
10/30/2020 9:10 a.m.

@crodielo22

I think you could have two options: Lower the dose of Lantus or distribute it in two punctures (eg one for the morning and another in the afternoon).

Check it with your endocrine.

all the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
10/30/2020 10:38 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

If you put it after eating, the fast could be blamed.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
10/30/2020 2:47 p.m.

anaisabel said:
If you put it after eating, the fast could be blamed.

I do not sulked quickly, just slow.

crodielo22
10/30/2020 3:20 p.m.

Ask your endo the possibility of using Tresiba, managing dose of night or at breakfast, putting it twice or down dose, here it is about playing until you find what best suits you.

macarron_con_diabetes's profile photo
macarron_con_diabetes
10/30/2020 5:15 p.m.

DM1 desde Julio 1992 (con 11 años).
Bomba Medtronic 780G con Novorapid.
HbA1c: 5,9% (Octubre 2022), TIR 91%

Today I have punctured in the back of the arm that is where there may be more fat and I notice that the sugar is going down me slowly, tomorrow I will start using the Humalog again to compensate for the sugar rise.
Let's see if I find the key, because I already tell you, I've been crazy for months ...
Many grace for your answers.

crodielo22
10/30/2020 6:32 p.m.

I changed from Lantus to Tresiba, the Lantus, after many years, began to produce some nightly drops of impressive early morning, once less than 20, it had to come on 061, a scare that almost not I count it, because I don'tI woke up or realize, I was sleeping.I changed to Tresiba and I am delighted, in addition to Q with the sensor and alarms is another story.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
10/31/2020 10:39 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.