Insulin change by allergic reaction

elisa74's profile photo   04/21/2021 4:47 p.m.

Hello, today we have had telephone consultation with the endocrine (until now they have been face -to -face), I have told him that my son has had 3 episodes (the last day before yesterday) as an allergic reaction in the skin (urticaria), this has happened to him3 times after putting the fast insulin, and they have been in different areas (belly, legs and arm), he told me that I was going to change the fast insulin (Humalog) to another called Fiasp, which is very effectivelyFaster, he told me that he doesn't have to make waiting time to start eating, do you use Fiasp?How is it going?The next appointment already in June, face -to -face, because they will make a glycosilada, for now I see that data for Nightscout's reports and has 5.7% but I don't know to what extent it will be reliable ...

elisa74's profile photo
elisa74
04/21/2021 4:47 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I use the two fast you are talking about.Fiasp m I put it in the morning for breakfast, before I did not control the peaks and with this insulin it is doing well since it begins to take effect not at the time, but before the novorapid.For my work schedules, I can't get up an hour before breakfast, so it is insulin m help a lot.
The novorapid uses it in the rest of meals.I always say I am going to leave it and use only the fiasp, but as more or less it is good for me, I am lazy to change with everything it carries.
Keep in mind that FIASP usually puts less units than with Novorapid, you will have to try.

You can trust the results that applications give you, they are not 100%, but they approach a lot.The last time, I had a little more in the laboratory, but I was waiting for me since it almost always measures a downward tad.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
04/21/2021 5:55 p.m.

Thank you @anaisabel, at the moment the endocrine has told me to continue maintaining the same units as with Humalog, I will try to see ...
In comparison with Humalog, you know if the FIASP effect lasts more, or is it more or less the same?

elisa74's profile photo
elisa74
04/21/2021 6:05 p.m.

Hello.I use Fiasp and I do very well.The truth is that I cannot compare, because since I debuted it is the only fast I have used, but the result is good.With her I can control the glycemia of the different meals well and put it on myself just before starting to eat (at most 5 minutes before, according to the day).

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
04/21/2021 6:08 p.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

Fiasp lasts less than Novorapid, Humalog I don't know.

Anaisabel
04/21/2021 6:19 p.m.

I am going to write a separate post because already in the first dose and has had a hypoglycemia at hour and a half .....

elisa74's profile photo
elisa74
04/21/2021 10:45 p.m.

You have to put less units

Anaisabel
04/21/2021 10:47 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.