{'en': '14 years with diabetes, I greet everyone and a big hug.', 'es': '14 Años con diabetes, los saludo a todos y un fuerte abrazo.'} Image

14 years with diabetes, I greet everyone and a big hug.

Mauricio77's profile photo   11/09/2020 10:43 a.m.

DM1 since 2006 Lantus 61 (night) Novorapid (from 4 to 7 daily injections).

It is the first time in many years that he interacted with a diabetic community, I have always been a solitary diabetic, except for the first years of the beginning of the condition where I had interaction with diabetics of my age.

It should be noted that my year of birth is 2000, it was a hard childhood but with controlled glucose levels, when entering adolescence from the ageWithout going down 180 mg/dl daily, except for hypoglycemia which are common in my day to day, I start here in this forum to resume my path to control by continuously measuring my glucose and reading their experiences.

I greet all colleagues and a hug anywhere in the planet where they are.

Mauricio77's profile photo
Mauricio77
11/09/2020 10:43 a.m.

DM1 since 2006 - pinchazos e inyecciones - usuario de microinfusora por un periodo de 4 años.

Welcome!Surely that path you have undertaken in search of good control will soon begin to bear fruit.It is the best you have been able to do.Here we are all to help.And surely you also have a lot to contribute here.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
11/09/2020 12:06 p.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

It is never too late to do things well this disease is complicated to carry since it is not to take a pill and it is already.The important thing is to get good control knowing that there are times, days in which we do not know what happens.Ask your doubts and you will try to help you.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
11/09/2020 1:31 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It catches my attention that you get so many quick injections.
Do you put it before each meal?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/10/2020 1:41 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
attracts my attention that you get so many fast injections.
Do you put it before each meal?

Thank you all for your comments, they make me feel at home, I put a quick insulin before the food bolus, and when I do not lazy 2 hours later I check my glucose to correct with another injection if necessary, but I almost never do thatwhich is of the utmost importance to carry good control and that is what I will begin to polish, monitor my glucose after meals.

Mauricio77
11/10/2020 2:05 a.m.

DM1 since 2006 - pinchazos e inyecciones - usuario de microinfusora por un periodo de 4 años.

You have to count hydrates and insulin units, to control the posts.
And measure you 2 hours later, in case you have to correct.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/10/2020 2:52 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

Yes, what @regina tells you: If you learn to count hydrates and insulin units, it will not be necessary to correct on so many occasions, since you will always put the amount of insulin necessary for the food you are going to take.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
11/10/2020 9:09 a.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

mauricio77 said:
dm1 since 2006 Lantus 61 (night) novorapid (from 4 to 7 daily injections), first time in many years that interacted with a diabetic community, I have always been a solitary diabetic, except exceptThe first years of the beginning of the condition where I had interaction with diabetics of my age, it should be emphasized that my year of birth is 2000, it was a hard childhood but with controlled glucose levels, when entering adolescence from 16 yearsMy lack of control began, a few days a week at 300+ mg/dl and without going down 180 mg/dl daily, except for hypoglycemia which are common in my day to day, I start here in this forum to resume my path toControl by measuring my glucose continuously and reading their experiences, I greet all classmates and a hug any part of the planet where they are.

Just like me!I was also born in 2000 and I am a diabetic since 2006.

DavidAG2000's profile photo
DavidAG2000
11/10/2020 1:08 p.m.

@Mauricio77 Welcome !!!
It is never too late to recover, you are very young and you are in time not to have future consequences.

Ask for a SS sensor, so you won't have to click on your fingers and help you a lot with food and alerts.

Check how long it takes to make insulin effect on each meal, it takes more breakfast than with food or dinner.Calculate your sensitivity, hydrates/uds insulin.

Tell us how are you doing, here we all learn from others.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/11/2020 8:34 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Mauricio77, you say that you have many hypoglycemia and peaks of 300. You will surely have to review the treatment, it seems that you have too slow and little fast .... If you have nocturnal hypoglycemia, you will have to lower the slow to wake up well ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/12/2020 4:48 p.m.

A hug for I have 57 and 45 with diabetes, so far everything is fine to God, thank you, a big hug.

Gustavo Silva Perez's profile photo
Gustavo Silva Perez
11/15/2020 7:28 p.m.

All

Gustavo Silva Perez's profile photo
Gustavo Silva Perez
11/15/2020 7:29 p.m.

Thank you all for your tips, I share that I have been going from 160 for two days and I plan to continue like this!

Mauricio77
11/16/2020 10:51 a.m.

Ole !!!!

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/18/2020 12:27 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.