{'en': 'COVID-19 AND WORK SITUATION: What to do if you have diabetes', 'es': 'COVID-19 y situación laboral: Qué hacer si tienes diabetes'} Image

COVID-19 AND WORK SITUATION: What to do if you have diabetes

fer's profile photo   11/11/2020 2:01 p.m.

People with diabetes are one of the risk groups in the face of a possible Coronavirus Covid-19 infection, so one of the most frequent doubts is what they can do if they must leave home and be exposed to it due to force majeure, such asIt can be to go to your job.

Given this situation, from Workers' Commissions (CCOO) explain that the people who belong to these groups have to inform their condition to the medical service of the prevention service of their company to make a report in which they record their condition andValue whether or not you can continue performing the activity, provide adequate protection to avoid infections or relocation in another position without exposure risk.

If it is considered that the person with diabetes cannot continue working for their condition, the primary care doctor will extend the decrease due to common or professional contingency after the study of the case.

If you have diabetes or belong to other risk groups and you must continue working, solve all your doubts by consulting this document.

Download the document with the recommendations

fer's profile photo
fer
11/11/2020 2:01 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I go to the offices and they were surprised, it seems that I am exempt for them.

I could already be exempt from ERTE :(

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/11/2020 8:25 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I give class.I have had to fill in a table and the supposed level of risk ... of a table that they gave and that does not fit at all with our work, it seems rather destined at the health level.Of this a month ago.I am still waiting for an answer, when they said they would communicate to the center and the interested party the measures within a maximum period of two weeks.I would like to know what they understand per week ...

cgs's profile photo
cgs
11/11/2020 8:44 p.m.

Diagnosticada de DM en enero de 2019, con tres generaciones (yo sería la cuarta) de diabéticos tipo 1 en la familia
En principio DM2 por resistencia a la insulina asociada a SOP (sin tener en cuenta los antecedentes familiares)
De momento, solo con Forxiga y Rybelsus (7mg) por la mañana
La glucosa hace lo que le da la gana
Ultimas Hemos: 7,2 (26/12/2023); 6,7 (12/2/2023, al mes de empezar con Rybelsus 3mg)
Última hemo: 6

I am a young adult teacher, between 17 and 35 years.I requested the assessment of the prevention service and gave me a report as a vulnerable person who can perform their job with adequate epis, come on, FFP2 mask.
So nothing, all day in closed spaces, with population with risk behaviors and entering classrooms in which you already know that there have been positive, but they do not put themselves in quarantine because we use a mask and we are not narrow contacts.
My faith in humanity is in low times, to put it finely.

Vicky Bu's profile photo
Vicky Bu
11/11/2020 8:49 p.m.

Diabetes 1 LADA desde enero 2018
Antes mal diagnosticada como Tipo 2
Toujeo y Humalog Junior
A1c: 6.0

vicky bu said:
I am a teacher of young adults, between 17 and 35 years.I requested the assessment of the prevention service and gave me a report as a vulnerable person who can perform their job with adequate epis, come on, FFP2 mask.
So nothing, all day in closed spaces, with population with risk behaviors and entering classrooms in which you already know that there have been positive, but they do not put themselves in quarantine because we use a mask and we are not narrow contacts.
My faith in humanity is in low times, to put it finely.

I of teenagers ... secondary, this year 1st.With positive, yes, both in one of my classes and in the center.A teacher admitted by Covid.I'm still waiting for an answer ...

cgs's profile photo
cgs
11/11/2020 10:58 p.m.

Diagnosticada de DM en enero de 2019, con tres generaciones (yo sería la cuarta) de diabéticos tipo 1 en la familia
En principio DM2 por resistencia a la insulina asociada a SOP (sin tener en cuenta los antecedentes familiares)
De momento, solo con Forxiga y Rybelsus (7mg) por la mañana
La glucosa hace lo que le da la gana
Ultimas Hemos: 7,2 (26/12/2023); 6,7 (12/2/2023, al mes de empezar con Rybelsus 3mg)
Última hemo: 6

In my office there have been many with Covid, some tested by chance and gave positive, many asymptomatic.
We go with mask in corridors and common areas but in the position it is not necessary because we are going to alternate days to not coincide.We are in an Open Space at 4 tables and with assisted ventilation.Typical Bio of Crystal Building.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/13/2020 3:47 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.