Help with carbohydrates

Damián's profile photo   04/24/2021 4:59 p.m.

Good, I have a doubt, I am relatively new to have diabetes (I have 5 years ago) and I never learned to calculate carbohydrates or how it is done to know how much insulin put myself, my doubt is, would they help me with any method to calculate that?Of course, thanksss

Damián's profile photo
Damián
04/24/2021 4:59 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@"Damián"

I don't understand very well.You have been with DM1 since the age of 13 and you have 18 now you comment on another topic, but you don't know anything about counting carbohydrates!Where do you live ?And how have you survived so far?
What hemoglobin do you have?And how much insulin do you put in slow and fast?

It seems incredible that someone so young does not know how to calculate rations of carbohydrates today.Something doesn't fit me.But everything has an explanation.You will tell us.

Go to an endocrine and give you a course.Here in a chat we cannot explain everything.We would be hours and hours.You need a course.Talk to your doctor or see a diabetes center that is close to your city.You can look on the Internet how to count rations of carbohydrates, but it is more complicated

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
04/24/2021 6:11 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

jldiazdel said:
@"damián"

I don't understand very well.You have been with DM1 since the age of 13 and you have 18 now you comment on another topic, but you don't know anything about counting carbohydrates!Where do you live ?And how have you survived so far?
What hemoglobin do you have?And how much insulin do you put in slow and fast?

It seems incredible that someone so young does not know how to calculate rations of carbohydrates today.Something doesn't fit me.But everything has an explanation.You will tell us.

Go to an endocrine and give you a course.Here in a chat we cannot explain everything.We would be hours and hours.You need a course.Talk to your doctor or see a diabetes center that is close to your city.You can look on the Internet how to count rations of carbohydrates, but it is more complicated

GREETING

I live in Argentina, I don't know, I would have to see my studies to tell him, and also, I honestly don't know how I am still standing, my doctor told me how to correct myself and others, I use 40u of Optisulin and 20u of Novorapid, I apply these doses 2times a day (tomorrow and night) in total it would be 80u and 40u per day

Damián's profile photo
Damián
04/24/2021 6:30 p.m.

Oh !
I don't know optisulin but yes novorapid

It seems incredible that your doctor sends you fixed amounts of fast insulin regardless of what commas.It makes no sense.

Talk to your doctor or better another doctor to see if you get to explain something to you.
Look on the Internet too
But you must do hair checks after each meal at two or three hours

The hemoglobin test is very important.He tells you how you are in the last three months.It is vital.

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
04/24/2021 6:54 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Hi Damián, I pass the link of a website where you will find information about a very clear way, I also put a link to download a table of rations of carbohydrates, I have it printed and hung on the fridge.It is vital that you can know the HC content of the food you eat at each meal to decide the insulin pattern.
Fundacionndiabetes.org/sabercomer/articulo/189/as-and-by-who-to-hi-hixture-of-carbon-hc
Fundacionndiabetes.org/upload/publicaciones_ficheros/71/tablahc.pdf

elisa74's profile photo
elisa74
04/24/2021 7:10 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.