{'en': 'LOOP / LOOK CLOSED IN Insulin Bombs Real or Myth?', 'es': 'Loop / lazo cerrado en bombas de insulina ¿real o mito?'} Image

LOOP / LOOK CLOSED IN Insulin Bombs Real or Myth?

glucosino's profile photo   11/14/2020 2:46 p.m.

Of those who have bombs ... Anyone use "closed circuit", Loop or what is you like to call?

I find it very curious but I really do not know anyone in Spain to have it, especially because the bombs they usually subsidize are not compatible with these systems.

Is it a myth?

Or are there really people using it?

Thank you!

glucosino's profile photo
glucosino
11/14/2020 2:46 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

glucosino said:
of which you have pumps, do you use "closed circuit", loop or what do you want to call?
I find it very curious but I really do not know anyone in Spain to have it, especially because the bombs they usually subsidize are not compatible with these systems.

Is it a myth?Or are there really people using it?

If there are people using closed bond with Android APs and in Spain we have several types of microinfusters that work with APS.
I leave you link from the APS Facebook group in Spain where you will find information.
Link

Jaume's profile photo
Jaume
11/14/2020 10:42 p.m.

Diagnosticado, enero 2000
Libre, abril del 2020
Bomba Accu-Chek Insight, julio 2017
con Aps desde octubre del 2019
HbA1c: 7 %

Thank you very much @jaume!I will take a look at the group.

glucosino
11/14/2020 10:54 p.m.

Hello, I am using AAPS and with very good results in all diabetes management fields.Let's see, it is not a magical wand but I can tell you that mentally and the glycemic profiles I have not had them better in my 48 years of diabetes.Learning hours are needed and then a maintenance that then aeps you returns it more than carefree and results.

carlos70's profile photo
carlos70
11/15/2020 12:10 a.m.

Carlos70 said:
Hello, I am using AAPS and with very good results in all diabetes management fields.Let's see, it is not a magical wand but I can tell you that mentally and the glycemic profiles I have not had them better in my 48 years of diabetes.Learning hours are needed and then a maintenance that then araps returns it to you in carefreeness and results.

Thank you very much @Carlos70!What bomb do you use?It seems to me the key, in the hospital where they serve me only Dan Medtronic, which except very old models, are not compatible with AAPS

glucosino
11/15/2020 12:13 a.m.

Roche combo use.
Insight is also valid

carlos70's profile photo
carlos70
11/15/2020 12:19 a.m.

@glucosino Apart from the Facebook help you have given you you have the documentation Link

carlos70's profile photo
carlos70
11/15/2020 12:24 a.m.

Great @Carlos70, I am looking at all the info.
The problem is that the bomb they would give me is the 640g of Medtronic, which cannot be connected to AAPS.

glucosino
11/15/2020 1:09 p.m.

@Glucosino, it happens to me, with that bomb you will not be able to.You have several options, get in the "Black Market" an old second -hand Medtronic and use the catheters that give you social security.Change a hospital to one in which to give a pump compatible with AAPS or wait for a while to see if they are lucky, they give you the 670 or the 780 of Medtronic that are already a closed loop.From the 670 there are no good opinions in general because the objective levels are a bit conservative and the Medtronic sensor is not very fine, (ask for calibrations every two by three).780 I think I could do very well but I'm afraid it will be time to wait a few years ...

erpla's profile photo
erpla
11/18/2020 11:52 a.m.

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

Thank you very much @erpla!

At the moment what I am thinking is to accept the 640 and throw with it a few years, learn to use it well and with the renewal try to ask for a new one or change to a hospit that from a compatible with AAPS

glucosino
11/18/2020 12:23 p.m.

I would say that it is not only possible, but it will be the treatment that will finally be imposed.Now ...

The industry is slow and uncoordinated, those who have good sensors do not have bombs, those who have a pump their sensor is a potato and so on.Notice that there are hardly any bombs that come with the insulin placed.You also have the North American market, where they do not have public health, but any treatment must be demonstrated much more rigorously than here and that delays things.

At the moment, if you have encouragement and ability, you can try to hack.The group that have put you above is for Android phones, because with the iPhone it is much more difficult (not impossible).Look if you want this other, which I think more general: Link are also groups in English, where there is more material.Do not be confused with the Nightscouts, who are parents of diabetic children who do is get a continuous sensor to automatically upload the readings "to the cloud" in order to have the kid controlled.

However, it is sure that in not much time, we will have it without pirateos, we will have to see what cost.There are already sensor pumps that give alarms and use them all/nothing;In a pair of "updates", we will really begin a complete control of the pump due to the sensor signal feedback (which is technically what it is).

Personally, I think that the hacking is a bit like a hobby to entertain, because any change distrusts everything and starting again, and also the control programs that are public is not clear that functions already optimally.I, after many years of diabetes, I don't see much to win at this time, really;Now I am fine with the tight bomb and the free and my iPhone, and I have already become accustomed to not misleading, by force hang up, of course.And due to lack of morning it is not: I am an engineer and I have made them much bigger.But frankly, I read the emotions with their problems, their pirates, their apps that do not go, and I don't feel like anything, I have other hobbies that interest me more.

I will sign up for the subject when it is a matter of clicking once every 3 or 4 days and the rest of the time to forget that you are diabetic.I think that is the maximum that can be done based on an infusion pump and a continuous sensor.And the problem is that I have nothing clear that doctors, industry or public health, are clear about this interest;It seems to me that it is just the opposite.

Cristóbal Cortés's profile photo
Cristóbal Cortés
11/22/2020 11:47 a.m.

Does anyone have the med. 780?They have told me that there are already people there with her on?I can't find any thread in the forum.Thank you.

antonio3334's profile photo
antonio3334
12/22/2020 10:28 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.