{'en': 'They have just diagnosed my one -year -old daughter of type 1 diabetes', 'es': 'Acaban de diagnosticar a mi hija de un año de diabetes tipo 1'} Image

They have just diagnosed my one -year -old daughter of type 1 diabetes

Margot20's profile photo   11/19/2020 12:35 a.m.

Hi Foros.

I have turned to this forum because I am really desolate.

I took my daughter to emergencies with vomiting, several days after the vaccine of the year (before was ok).

And in an hour I was admitted to the ICU.It has been a brutal shock.

We are assimilating yet, I'm so worried ...

Please, I would like to know if someone has happened to someone, with babies of your age, how you have done it.

Thanks in advance.

Margot20's profile photo
Margot20
11/19/2020 12:35 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Margot20 said:
Hi Foreros.I have turned to this forum because I am really desolate.I took my daughter to emergencies with vomiting, several days after the vaccine of the year (before it was well).And in an hour I was admitted to the ICU.It has been a brutal shock.We are assimilating yet, I am so worried ... please, I would like to know if someone has happened to someone, with babies of your age, how you have done it.Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forum.
Certainly for all is a shock the diabetic debut.
Here in the forum there is a category of parents, there you will find stories equal to yours.It will surely be helpful.
Solidarity hugs.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
11/19/2020 7:58 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

A debut is always hard and more in a small boy but do not discourage you who can with it and your girl will be fine.In this disease, the most important thing is education, you need to learn a lot, read, ask and little by little you will be an expert in counting hydrates and calculating insulin and in technological devices if you finance them or you can buy them.Especially the sensors help a lot and in Spain the type 1 are financing them in many cases, being so small that they give priority, ask your endocrine.My sister debuted with 3 years and has 30 with diabetes without any problem.It is not an easy disease and requires attention 24 hours a day but you can live with it without taking away from doing anything in life.Much encouragement and see if any other father or mother who understands what you are happening can help you.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
11/20/2020 10:32 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

@Margot20, the debut of a young child is very hard for parents, because it also presents itself by surprise and requires a treatment in which you have to put the five senses at all hours..
My daughter was diagnosed with 5 years, already 26, and with those insulins everything was even more difficult and stressful.
But he has led a very happy and normalized life, he has no complication for the moment, he has studied architecture, which he always wanted, works in his own study and is very happy with his life.
So go ahead, with a lot of encouragement and learning more every day to help them normalize their lives as much as possible.It will be easier and will have better treatments
A hug !.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/20/2020 6:48 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Margot Friend: I understand her, because my diabetes reached me at 49 and I knew that my father had been diabetic, I didn't know any of this my help was an aid group that was in Caracas the union of diabetics of Venezuela, who met twice every month, there Mrs. Tania Boom received me, a person who did not make her story as we said on this side of Latin America, she told us that she had two births and her mother noticed that she was wrong, immediately to theHospital, diagnosis Diabetos, Type 1, his father did not believe, and my imagining that he was a resource person and flew to Houston, and there they told him the same thing: so he stayed with his diabetes and today is a lady who knows aboutSaying everything that needs to be known and more, is alive and helps everyone who can be an educator in Dábetes, calm your baby will be fine, you will take care of her and when she grows up, she over the years goesTo learn to take care of yourself and you will be calm, you will not believe, in what the friends and people who become doctors say and try to help and in the end put the cake, look for a good endocrinologist, and follow your instructions and theBaby will be fine. My personal mail is alfredoherrera1325@gmail.com If I can serve you, we are to support us especially at the time.I encourage your baby is going well.Greetings from Venezuela, Alfredo Herrera.

HERRERA 's profile photo
HERRERA
11/23/2020 1:19 a.m.

Something similar happened to my mother;I was almost 5 years old;According to her (she was a nurse), it was a polio vaccine or I don't know what.

All that doesn't matter.The important thing is that you begin to learn about type 1 diabetes and their treatments, and also to take care of your daughter and teach him when he grows up, so that everything knows everything and is pending.Resources today are much better than ever, and the prospects for improvement, too.Insulins, infusion pumps, continuous seasters ... All that simply did not exist when I started.Put on this, talk to your professionals from the Children's Diabetes Unit, and for everything.It's what has touched you, don't think more, it's what you have.

In January next year I will turn 58.I am a teacher, I have traveled around the world, I have married three times and I have had 2 children (and my fingers are hurting them to cross them so that nothing comes out).I am perfectly, I have no complication and the old -fashioned ailments are becoming more important than anything else.

You can lead a completely happy and normal life with type 1 diabetes. Do not scare yourself.Study, think and look for advice.

Cristóbal Cortés's profile photo
Cristóbal Cortés
12/01/2020 6:40 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.