Freestyle2 gives me wrong readings

evarm's profile photo   04/24/2021 7:38 p.m.

I have been with the Freestyle 2 sensor since October and so far I have not had any problem.Now I have been for a few days that the values ​​that tell me are very low between 70 and 80 normally, before and 2 hours after meals ... as I did not seem normal, I also make the capillary measurements and the difference is up to 20 !!!changed the sensor and I remain the same ...
Can the reader be?Do you ever happen to you?
Thank you!

evarm's profile photo
evarm
04/24/2021 7:38 p.m.

Diabética tipo 1 durante 20 años, Apidra antes de comidas,Toujeo por la noche.Hipotiroidismo y coleresterol alto controlado.Freestyle2 desde octubre2020

They are leaving bad.
I have been shooting more than normal at meals for 3 days, but I caught away the home.
Today at home, the freestyle marked me 177 and with the upward arrow and I have punctured twice!And the glucometer has given me 105 and 110.
To go crazy.
My advice is that you do not take it away if you go and call it.Maybe they replace it.
But it is a task because it doesn't know what to trust ...

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
04/24/2021 8:46 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

evarm said:
I have since October with the freestyle 2 sensor and so far I have not had any problem.Now I have been for a few days that the values ​​that tell me are very low between 70 and 80 normally, before and 2 hours after meals ... as I did not seem normal, I also make the capillary measurements and the difference is up to 20 !!!changed the sensor and I remain the same ...
Can the reader be?Do you ever happen to you?
Thanks!

Hi Evarm, it happened to me with everyone (I have about 30) I think it is due to the algorithm that uses the app when the low capillary glucose below 16 or 110 the app is separated from the real and gives lower results, II think that by prevention to give us more time before a possible hypo. I have noticed when using Diabox that is another app and it is still more protective. The sensors must be interpreted and if we are not sure then a capillary

skiman's profile photo
skiman
04/24/2021 9:27 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Differences of 20mg/dl between capillary and freestyle do not seem crazy ... In addition, it must be taken into account that the sensor reading interstitial fluid.

My feeling is that it usually gives lower values, and especially in extreme values ​​(low or high), it is nothing reliable.

morganeta's profile photo
morganeta
04/24/2021 9:45 p.m.

Diabética desde 2002
Tresiba y Fiasp

Normally a bad sensor gives differences of 80 or more, or very low measures until the message of replacing it comes out.
In 5 years I have had all types of failures.

If you use Diabox you can calibrate it with the capillaries.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
04/25/2021 12:23 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hello, the truth is that I only guide me for the Diabox values, the last 2 sensors have calibrated them with capillary and the values ​​are practically left.

elisa74's profile photo
elisa74
04/25/2021 10:26 a.m.

Hello good,

This is what they comment, you have to calculate approximately between 10-15% margin of error that I have had up to 20%.

Normally, if you put the sensor in a more fat area, it usually gives the percentage above the capillary and if you put it more in muscle or blood comes out to the putters you get the percentage of error below the capillary.

Thanks to the fact that I have Diabox, the calibration is giving me a 1% error with respect to the capillary and the official app after 2 days of sensor put on me below the capillary as for example ...

Official app 153,
Diabox 177,
capillary 175

marine's profile photo
marine
04/25/2021 10:29 a.m.

Thank you very much for your clarifications. I must use the reader because my mobile is not compatible ... So I can't use Diabox.

evarm's profile photo
evarm
04/25/2021 12:10 p.m.

Diabética tipo 1 durante 20 años, Apidra antes de comidas,Toujeo por la noche.Hipotiroidismo y coleresterol alto controlado.Freestyle2 desde octubre2020

I rectify!Sorry for my ignorance about Diabox ... I just saw a tutorial about it ... here the link ...

Link

I'm going to try to see if it works..🤞🤞

evarm's profile photo
evarm
04/25/2021 12:48 p.m.

Ultimately, when making decisions (hyperglycemia or hypoglycemia) I have to make the capilla
I will make a record in Excel and send it to those of Abbott to see what explanation they give ... although I already appear, to say, that they have their margin of error, by measuring the interstitial liquid.

Pablus's profile photo
Pablus
05/03/2021 12:27 p.m.

@Pablus I have already tired of calling you all the things I have seen and in the end the only positive response of Abbott is that if the sensor does "weird" things they change it to you for a new one.

This system will improve and more laboratories will point to the car but no, it is not the panacea ..

marine's profile photo
marine
05/03/2021 1:10 p.m.

@Pablus I do not have been with the sensors for a long time but what I see is that if the sugar is going up or down, the sensor marks what it seems to it.Faced with the doubt, a capillary and ready!

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
05/03/2021 1:18 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

Before financing the sensors, I was testing the Medtronic ... I am interested in the Dexcom ... In the end it is a business that you have to "participate"
I do not know how many of you will have been clicking with syringes and roads (2 times a day mixing both insulin), until the endocrine is told that the syringes ended and that for better control ... you will put quick insulin every timeEat more delay (average 6 times a day).I thought where the benefit is, but it is what there is.The letters are hacking and you have to play as well as possible .......

Pablus's profile photo
Pablus
05/03/2021 11:20 p.m.

@Pablus, I do not want to remember those pre -chefed insulins, even if there were two punctures, they were so rigid schedules in meals that they were tremendous stress and slavery.
Much better now.
The continuous measurement will also improve, there is a lot of market there.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/04/2021 6:14 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Good chic@s,

In the end it is that, we "complain" because we would like to have an effective product and we have to wait unfortunately ... the good thing is that they know that there is a market with that and in the end among themselves the batteries will put to have the best bidder.

The sensor for its technology goes well, to the official app is a real m ... rda but then you install Diabox or XDrip and E voila a CGM that works more than decent.

At least sudden hypos when we prick intramuscular insulin warns you and those things ...

You have to be positive and wait, make pineapple and try to improve our conditions while something definitive for diabetes does not come out

marine's profile photo
marine
05/04/2021 8:20 a.m.

Unfortunately I gave up the free free style due to the differences with the capilla

Mario Bill Berges's profile photo
Mario Bill Berges
05/05/2021 10:45 p.m.

I am very happy with the Fee S.
I do not like coconut checking, but when they have made me analytical, the coincidences in glucose have been surprising.

RUBIOARES's profile photo
RUBIOARES
05/09/2021 2:04 p.m.

Good afternoon, I have been using the sensor reader to measure glucose with LibreKink but now I have a mobile with NFC and I wanted to start using the app
The problem is that when I logo with the free -Kink account I get error in the password that if it works if I go through the web ..
Does anyone know if you have to create a new account for the app?Thank you

evarm's profile photo
evarm
08/29/2021 11:51 a.m.

Is there a way to reset the sensor reading?In the gray reader I bring, it gives me err372 that it is already in use and I cannot activate it and with the Applink does not leave me because it says that I have to change it, this is because of the 8 -hour memory?I already have 3 broken sensors or with the same problem, it is a mess, which in the end is what I say always, so much "technology" that should facilitate a life imposed (the disease that can be cured) and far from doing that, I complicate me much more (I have a meter of reactive strips, but it turns out that in Cambrils the people of DKV do not work with that, they sent me only the freestyle and not that of Acutech that is the one that has the reactive strips with whichThey work, supposedly).Well and what should I do now, I spend another sensor?And they have not sent me as many as they are spoiling every night and in the morning fail because we do not make measurements in the middle of the night, and we will not be lifting early because the sensor wants.Arrange these things, people from Abbott.

sergiojunene's profile photo
sergiojunene
08/29/2021 noon

mario Bill Berges said:
unfortunately I gave up with the free Style free due to the differences with the capillary of up to 70% after claiming abbott laboratories and not getting any positive replyto use it

It is that I have already failed 3 sensors, do not bother me please, and of course it is these pharmophies that want to control our health profiting with a "autoimmune" disease and that can be cured?What courage these deceases give me

sergiojunene's profile photo
sergiojunene
08/29/2021 12:05 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.