Exercise and Diabetes Interview

Fran_Alcantara's profile photo   11/22/2020 4 p.m.

Do you have doubts about how to exercise having diabetes?

I leave you a video about an interview made by the friends of @DigitalDiabetescoach where I answer the doubts of many people about how to handle their diabetes and exercise.

I hope it serves as a guide and if you have specific doubts, you can ask me in comments or by RRSS in @Ennosaludable
Greetings and thank you very much

Link ;ab_Channel=ntrenosaludable

Fran_Alcantara's profile photo
Fran_Alcantara
11/22/2020 4 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Thank you very much for the video and contribution.I wanted to ask the video of the video if you knew how to tell me that glucose pills (sports or not) do they have a greater number of glucose?I usually bike and make long runs (4-5 hours), I have seen some pills (example of the decathlon that to take 20g (2 portions) you have to take 6 pins since each one brings 3.5 gr) what pill ofglucose that you know has the greatest amount of grams set in a single compressed?Thank you ;-)

sugarluis's profile photo
sugarluis
11/24/2020 12:17 p.m.

@Suguguis
You have tried to take a boat of liquid made by you with dissolved isostar.It is what I use to do skiing in the background, which is quite hard and demanding.
I buy a big boat of isostar powder.It goes very well in price and hard.I dissolve it with water in a bottle of half a liter of sport.A tablespoon is equivalent to a ration, more or less.If I'm going to do many kilometers, I wear 4 portions, to avoid dislikes.I carry another boat only with water.Before I start I took a good drink or as something.And then I am graduating according to the sensor.
I have also used it for mountain bike routes.Being liquid, it enters very fast and you drink based on your needs.And the best thing is that you put the gr of carbohydrates that you want!

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
11/24/2020 6:19 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

jldiazdel said:
@sugarluis
You have tried to take a boat of liquid made by you with dissolved isostar.It is what I use to do skiing in the background, which is quite hard and demanding.
I buy a big boat of isostar powder.It goes very well in price and hard.I dissolve it with water in a bottle of half a liter of sport.A tablespoon is equivalent to a ration, more or less.If I'm going to do many kilometers, I wear 4 portions, to avoid dislikes.I carry another boat only with water.Before I start I took a good drink or as something.And then I am graduating according to the sensor.
I have also used it for mountain bike routes.Being liquid, it enters very fast and you drink based on your needs.And the best thing is that you put the gr of carbohydrates that you want!

GREETING

Thanks for the Jldiazdel answer.Well, I write it down.Until now I used gels (where the amount of GR of hydrates and sugars is quantified), also tops.The issue of liquid because I had not thought about it.I will investigate it again ;-)

sugarluis
11/25/2020 1:29 p.m.

The only thing is that on the bike you have to have two places to carry bottles, which I did.In a water and another isostar.

I have tried the gels.They are expensive, perp the problem, at least for me, is that I don't know very well as much carbohydrates.You have the feeling that you take little, when in reality a small sip are many gr of carbohydrates because they come very concentrated.Always that I have used them I have taken more.That is why I change my carbohydrate preparation with Isostar.I know what is in half a liter and calculate when I drink how much I take.And it is very economical!

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
11/25/2020 6:58 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

I asked recently in the pharmacy, and they told me that glucose pins only had 2.5 and that it didn't sound like there.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
11/25/2020 7:38 p.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

Fran, I have seen your video, we already contact if you remember, I am doing day or three days of force as you recommended and how you say in the video, I get a barbarity the blood glucose, I start at 80 and I finish to 280. An hour passesAnd I continue in 250, but I have to be careful to correct me because you can give me a hiccup.Today I have done aerobic and super good, without peaks but with those of force it is an lack of control.What do you recommend what do?.Thank you.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
11/25/2020 8:41 p.m.

jldiazdel said:
The only thing is that in the bike you have to have two sites to carry bottles, which is what I did.In a water and another isostar.

I have tried the gels.They are expensive, perp the problem, at least for me, is that I don't know very well as much carbohydrates.You have the feeling that you take little, when in reality a small sip are many gr of carbohydrates because they come very concentrated.Always that I have used them I have taken more.That is why I change my carbohydrate preparation with Isostar.I know what is in half a liter and calculate when I drink how much I take.And it is very economical!

A gel on usually about 25 grams of glucose (which is not little) I use it sporadically when I make long thrown and I already say that it is doing well ... although as indications they are expensive and they are cumbersome to take by bike (a pillI think it's easier).all the best

sugarluis
11/26/2020 12:46 p.m.

meginer said:
Fran, I have seen your video, we already contacted if you remember, I am doing day or three days of force as you recommended and as you say in the video, I upload a barbarity theGlycemia, I start at 80 and I finish 280. An hour passes and still in 250, but I have to be careful to correct myself because you can then give me a hypo.Today I have done aerobic and super good, without peaks but with those of force it is an lack of control.What do you recommend what do?.Thank you.

Hi Meginer!What force of force exactly?You probably did to a very high intensity of there the climb, try to put some unit beforehand, never after.If not, continue with your aerobic exercise.The case is exercising.If your goal changes (gain muscle mass for example) then you would have to adapt better to the training training.Greetings

Fran_Alcantara
11/26/2020 5:07 p.m.

sugarluis said:
jldiazdel said:
The only thing is that on the bike you have to have two places to carry bottles, which I did.In a water and another isostar.

A gel on usually about 25 grams of glucose (which is not little) I use it sporadically when I make long thrown and I already say that it is doing well ... although as indications they are expensive and they are cumbersome to take by bike (a pillI think it's easier).GREETING

As you have told you, there are juices or isotonic drinks that you can test for those long runs.For the pills I recommend you Glucoup, I think they have several g of glucose per tablet.In any case, the white Zucar envelopes are always there.I know many cyclists, fondistas, trials that use them during competitions.Greetings!

Fran_Alcantara
11/26/2020 5:10 p.m.

fran_alcantara said:
sugarluis said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
the only thing is that in the bike you have to have two twoSites to carry bottles, which I did.In a water and another isostar.

A gel on usually about 25 grams of glucose (which is not little) I use it sporadically when I make long thrown and I already say that it is doing well ... although as indications they are expensive and they are cumbersome to take by bike (a pillI think it's easier).GREETING

As you have told you, there are juices or isotonic drinks that you can test for those long runs.For the pills I recommend you Glucoup, I think they have several g of glucose per tablet.In any case, the white Zucar envelopes are always there.I know many cyclists, fondistas, trials that use them during competitions.Greetings!

Thanks for your answer.I also use pure and hard sugar hehe although I recognize that it is more pleasant to eat the proposal: a drink, pills, gel, etc .... thanks again a greeting

sugarluis
11/27/2020 12:36 p.m.

fran_alcantara said:
meginer said:
fran, I have seen your video, we already contacted if you remember, I am doing day or three days of force as IYou recommended and as you say in the video, glycemia rises a barbarity, I start at 80 and I finish 280. I spend an hour and continue in 250, but I have to be careful to correct myself PQ then you can give me a hiccup.Today I have done aerobic and super good, without peaks but with those of force it is an lack of control.What do you recommend what do?.Thank you.

Hi Meginer!What force of force exactly?You probably did to a very high intensity of there the climb, try to put some unit beforehand, never after.If not, continue with your aerobic exercise.The case is exercising.If your goal changes (gain muscle mass for example) then you would have to adapt better to the training training.Greetings

Well, I make crossfit circuits, with bars and weights, squats with some weight, plates, a series of eg that I do not know the names, and abdominals at the end with plates etc.In total about an hour.But the climb depends on the day and it seems that it is for a quite small time because I have checked it with the sensor.If I start more than 120, I got a lot, today I started with 73, it gave me a thing in case it went down but I knew that it would not be probable with that type of ex, I finished I was in 114, at half an hour I put 146 and climbing toBeast but at 20 min stabilized 120 so it seems that it doesn't last long, I will do that, if I am.More than 120 I will put some unit before and if I am in less than 100 no and I will not eat anything, of course.I want to continue doing some for strength two or three days per sem PQ I already told you that I want to lose weight.Ainara I have two sem and I have lost half kg, haha, I work.Something is something.A hug.
Elena

meginer's profile photo
meginer
11/27/2020 9:40 p.m.

meginer said:
fran_alcantara said:
meginer said:
meginer said:
fran, I've seen your video, we already contact if you remember, I am doing day or three days of force as you recommended and as you say in the video, the blood glucose rises a barbarity, I start at 80 and I finish 280. I spend an hour and continue in 250, but I have to be careful inCorrect me because you can give me a hiccup.Today I have done aerobic and super good, without peaks but with those of force it is an lack of control.What do you recommend what do?.Thank you.

Well, I make crossfit circuits, with bars and weights, squats with some weight, plates, a series of eg that I do not know the names, and abdominals at the end with plates etc.In total about an hour.But the climb depends on the day and it seems that it is for a quite small time because I have checked it with the sensor.If I start more than 120, I got a lot, today I started with 73, it gave me a thing in case it went down but I knew that it would not be probable with that type of ex, I finished I was in 114, at half an hour I put 146 and climbing toBeast but at 20 min stabilized 120 so it seems that it doesn't last long, I will do that, if I am.More than 120 I will put some unit before and if I am in less than 100 no and I will not eat anything, of course.I want to continue doing some for strength two or three days per sem PQ I already told you that I want to lose weight.Ainara I have two sem and I have lost half kg, haha, I work.Something is something.A hug.
Elena

Good Elena again!
That is!You must see how the exercise affects you in your body and perform the appropriate corrections.This is achieved with time and not leaving it.The exercises themselves give a little the same, the most important thing is the intensity you put.In strength/high intensity training = A greater intensity, more it goes up.So if one day you have more than 180, you must do them at little intensity or put a unit as you say.

I'm glad you are getting your goals.Go for it!!.A hug: Smiley:

Fran_Alcantara
11/30/2020 5:19 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.