I need help, 9 -year -old boy type 1

evayivan's profile photo   11/28/2020 11:39 a.m.

Good morning to all, I need your help and advice on how I should act.I have a 9 -year -old type 1 diabetic child, being risky in front of COVID and there are no protection, nothing more than the same as others, I decided to take it only 2 days a week to school, and this is meleading to a protocol for school absenteeism.This year I have a new professor, who has no idea about diabetes, as I understand it is mandatory that they know, inform and form this disease or I am wrong.According to the director, they have no obligation to know anything, and according to him, he is voluntary.On Monday I have to meet with the director and I would like you to advise me a bit thank you very much.

evayivan's profile photo
evayivan
11/28/2020 11:39 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I can help you something, although I don't know what community you are.In Castilla y León it is not mandatory that we form about the diseases that students may have, it is not mandatory, since our function is to teach.Another thing is that we, on our own and because we get involved, we do.But you always end the fear of what happens if I'm wrong and something happens to him?Because the administration in those cases throws balls ... I understand you and I understand your child's teacher, and for what the director is right.Here we want (another thing is that we achieve it, it supposes resources ... and money, and by the way, the teachers ignore) that the figure of school nurse is implanted in all the centers, but ...

cgs's profile photo
cgs
11/28/2020 9:23 p.m.

Diagnosticada de DM en enero de 2019, con tres generaciones (yo sería la cuarta) de diabéticos tipo 1 en la familia
En principio DM2 por resistencia a la insulina asociada a SOP (sin tener en cuenta los antecedentes familiares)
De momento, solo con Forxiga y Rybelsus (7mg) por la mañana
La glucosa hace lo que le da la gana
Ultimas Hemos: 7,2 (26/12/2023); 6,7 (12/2/2023, al mes de empezar con Rybelsus 3mg)
Última hemo: 6

Hello thanks for answering, we are from Galicia, it gives me a lot of anger that is not mandatory, since having a student with the disease that is, should force them to form them, to know how to act, there are 5 hours in which everything can happen andA fast performance can avoid dislikes, I thought it was not mandatory to administer medications etc, but the information by a sanitary.

evayivan's profile photo
evayivan
11/29/2020 1:04 p.m.

In our case, the infermera of the medical reviews went to school and being the entire gathered cloister I inform you what they should do.I am very nice to the school and the hospital team

evacf's profile photo
evacf
11/29/2020 1:53 p.m.

Being in contact with other parents in the area it seems that everything is quite heterogeneous.In our school although it is small there are 3 diabetic children.One of the teachers did a training course at St Joan de Deu de BCN hospital.We have been able to go from colonies every year and 100% teachers and we have changed the teacher every year in 2017. I do not know other children that in our area have been able to lead such a normal life and be able to go from colonies.In other cases the teacher has not wanted to be aware of looking at the sugar before lunch

evacf's profile photo
evacf
11/29/2020 2:10 p.m.

Hi Evacf, in my case, my child is the only diabetic school that I know from the entire neighborhood.I know that the director, if I request nurse and was denied, I feel chills just to think to leave my child with a person who has no idea about this disease and I am very clear that I will not wait or let it happen.Hopefully all schools will take good note and example of yours, for all children not only with diabetes, with any pathology that there are, thanks.

evayivan's profile photo
evayivan
11/29/2020 3:05 p.m.

Evayivan said:
Hi Evacf, in my case, my child is the only one of the diabetic school that I know from the entire neighborhood.I know that the director, if I request nurse and was denied, I feel chills just to think to leave my child with a person who has no idea about this disease and I am very clear that I will not wait or let it happen.Hopefully all schools will take good note and example of yours, for all children not only with diabetes, with any pathology that there are, thanks.

It is one thing to know how to act with a type 1 diabetic child is also growing and leads a very active life, and knowing what to do a hypoglycemia, and another thing is the Covid theme.From what I know, in type 1 diabetic children, I do not know the Covid considers a risk above the Q one can suppose for other children, another thing would be a person of many years of evolution and with some complication for an irregular control, there is noMany studies in the latter case, because the majority of diabetics are type 2 and those who have passed the covid are type 2, I think there are hardly any studies with type 1, but in children, I already tell you that I think it is consideredThe risk as similar to the rest of the population so I do not know if the issue of school absenteeism can be a problem ... ask its endocrine and its pediatrician and if there is for the reason that it is a special risk, they make you a report.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
11/29/2020 3:21 p.m.

evayivan said:
hello thanks for answering me, we are from Galicia, it gives me a lot of anger that is not mandatory, since having a student with the disease that is, they should force them to form them, to knowActing is 5 hours in which everything can happen and a rapid performance can avoid dislikes, I thought it was not mandatory to administer medications etc, but the information by a sanitary.

And why not force the entire educational community to train?Teachers, students (appropriate to their age, of course, it is not the same 3 years as 15), other parents, administrative and labor personnel ... I do not oppose myself and have been saying that a subject to teach all this and how to act inCase of different emergencies and road safety ... Come on, what has been civil protection, should be mandatory.All you have left is to be "heavy" before the administration and continue asking for the figure of school nursing ... that I know it is very difficult, that and that the child knows how to react to unforeseen events, and his best friends know who,Among the teachers, they can resort to problems

cgs's profile photo
cgs
11/29/2020 9:03 p.m.

Diagnosticada de DM en enero de 2019, con tres generaciones (yo sería la cuarta) de diabéticos tipo 1 en la familia
En principio DM2 por resistencia a la insulina asociada a SOP (sin tener en cuenta los antecedentes familiares)
De momento, solo con Forxiga y Rybelsus (7mg) por la mañana
La glucosa hace lo que le da la gana
Ultimas Hemos: 7,2 (26/12/2023); 6,7 (12/2/2023, al mes de empezar con Rybelsus 3mg)
Última hemo: 6

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.