{'en': 'My daughter has just diagnosed with type 1 diabetes', 'es': 'Acaban de diagnosticar mi hija con diabetes tipo 1'} Image

My daughter has just diagnosed with type 1 diabetes

sanygo's profile photo   11/28/2020 8:12 p.m.

Hello,

I am looking for help from experienced parents that can help me see some light throughout this topic.

My 6 -year -old daughter has just diagnosed type 1 diabetes 4 days ago and they have not been able to have glycemia levels or little stable up very fast and lower her very fast and I am desolate with a lot of anguish of not knowingHow to handle this whole topic.

It is being treated very well and the endocrine is explaining me little by little but it is too much information I feel overwhelmed and in fear if I will do things well to handle this disease 😥

Thank you so much!

sanygo's profile photo
sanygo
11/28/2020 8:12 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Yes, you will do things very well and little by little you will learn, although right now you can almost concentrate on what they explain.
Read the thread open a little below another mother.
And ask the doubts that you have, that we will try to help.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/29/2020 4:54 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Gracais refine for responding ... I would like to know how long it takes is to stabilize glucose levels my daughter diagnosed her type 1 diabetes on the 25th from that same day is admitted and today is 29 and so far they fail to have stable levelsAs you can be high madness you can start going down too fast, it is certainly controlled by avoiding hypo.But I want to know how much time it is normal to stabilize them I have been in the heart of the heart of anguish.

sanygo's profile photo
sanygo
11/29/2020 4:25 p.m.

Stabilizing it totally can never be, but it is sought to be most of the time between 70 and 180. With an average of 120, glucosylated hemoglobin is already in 6, which is very good value.
It is true that it is necessary to be very aware and learn a lot about reactions to hydrates and insulin, but little by little it is achieved, although it is a continuous learning, especially with children who, being growing their insulin needs, increasing their insulin needs.
Do not be distressed, but arm yourself with patience.You'll see how everything is going well.Little by little.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/30/2020 12:05 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

The first quiet thing that although it is a difficult disease to carry because it requires constant attention can be done and lead a normal life.At first there are many things and it is difficult but little by little you will learn everything you need to take your daughter well controlled and it will be perfect.We have all gone through that and it is hard but overcomes and learns to live with the disease without major problem.I have diabetes since 17 and now with almost 35 I have a totally normal life, it has never prevented me from doing anything.And my sister has diabetes since the age of 3 and this perfect 30 years later, without complications and with a totally normal life.We both do sports, we have studied what we liked and we have a job like any other and we have always done the same activities as the rest of friends.I tell you this because you will hear all kinds of nonsense of people who have no idea of ​​the disease by telling you what your daughter may or may not do but even if he can do the same as the rest, it is only necessary to learn and plan toTake it well controlled in any situation.

Take advantage of these days in the hospital to explain everything possible and to read on your web and diabetes forums.There are also many Instagram accounts that you can follow that share their experiences and provide a lot of information.And it is also a good place to talk to other people in your very situation that will understand you perfectly.If something has diabetes, we understand each other very fast because we have all happened more or less the same even in different circumstances.
I would tell you about the first that the website of Dansacarino is very good (he also has type 1 diabetes and is also a nurse), explains many important diabetes issues and this month with World Diabetes Day has done a course to countHydrates that surely helps you a lot.Serafín Murillo also brings many interesting infographics (he also has type 1 diabetes and is nutritionist).And another very interesting account is that of speaking that carries it an educator in diabetes and puts many healthy recipes with the count of hydrates already made, can help you a lot at the beginning.And here you have a table to count hydrates that is very useful:

Link

Over time many things you know by heart and accounts without weighing, but at first it is good to always have it and weigh things.I have it stuck in the fridge for consultation if I need it.
A lot of encouragement and quiet that in a time all this will have it super controlled.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
11/30/2020 10:37 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Thank you for your answers ... It has only 6 days since the diagnosis and here in the hospital at the moment we do not get levels within the recommended one reaches 380 peaks and when they start to lower it they act as soon as it reaches 80.70 To avoid hiccups always say K is better than this high to go down.Also when it began that it was on Wednesday I had almost 600 was immediately admitted.And if it is not X the 6 -year -old vaccine and the routine review of this day.I told the pediatrician that it seemed strange that my daughter was drinking a lot of water and urinating a lot and asked me for things to eat at all times.He took the glucose and followed all this nightmare.

sanygo's profile photo
sanygo
11/30/2020 11:01 a.m.

Much encouragement.Apart from the forum, I also recommend the Facebook group called the group of pirates with Diabetes NSD Spain, most are fathers and mothers in your same situation.All the best.

Link

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
11/30/2020 1:49 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Good, the truth is that you can only go little by little and learn.The truth is I diagnosed two years ago with 42, I imagine I touched my daughter and if it is already difficult for me ... but well, much encouragement and you will see how little by little you are controlling it

javiertierno's profile photo
javiertierno
12/09/2020 7:48 a.m.

Hello, as Yesssica said, you must keep calm and stay optimism.If you are stress, your girl perceives it and that distress her and the stress is for diabetics as if you will take tablespoons of sugar.
It seems to me that it is very important to go with an endocrinologist to begin to attend to your child in coordination with a nutritionist specializing in diabetes.It is super important to give it an adequate diet with delayed absorption foods that help you keep your glucose levels stable.Management in type I patients requires specialized care that many times cannot offer a family doctor.

MARIZUJIMENEZH's profile photo
MARIZUJIMENEZH
12/11/2020 12:20 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.